Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Where We Re-Look The Wide Receiver Corps

In light of the devastating injury suffered by Greg Childs, let's re-look this. After the jump.
    Where We Re-Look The Wide Receiver Corps - Daily Norseman

Not sure about all of you, but I'm just not that concerned over the loss of Childs. Sure, he looked to be a steal, but in all seriousness, ole Musgrove is still intent on running multiple TE's sets with 2 backs in the back field.

How many WR's do you need on the roster for a offensive system like that? Heck, in certain circumstances we might not even need a WR on the field if he runs out a 2-3 (1, RB, 1 FB/H-back/3 TE's) set and if he runs out a 2-2 (1 RB, 1 FB-H-back, 2 TE's) your still only going to need one WR.

On a side note, if Burton can't step up and fill the role, I sure wouldn't be apposed to Ole Leslie calling his good friend Mike (you know, over there in Pittsburg) and see what he can give him for a certain WR that won't sign his tender.

Mike Wallace Stats - Pittsburgh Steelers - ESPN

Around the same age as the teams corps members. Only getting better. Just big and strong enough to work the middle as well as stretch it a bit if needed.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    They are really just looking for someone to fill in for Simpson for 3 weeks. They were wanting someone with speed to stretch the field, that's why they were hoping Childs would work out.
    Even though he is short, I would like to see them move Jarius over there for a try.
    He's fast enough to open things up underneath for Harvin and the tight ends. They could try Burton but they have him in the slot for some reason.

But I tend to agree with you that Musgrave will run his dink and drop offense into a stacked box.

Dibbzz is offline Starter
    My thinking is that if the Vikings Front Office thought we needed help at Wide Receiver we would have either made a move for Wallace or signed a free agent (ala Plaxico Burress) already. I think their line of thinking is to build the team through the draft. Childs had potential but he had injury issues in college and it was a gamble in drafting him. I think we'll hold off on addressing Receiver until next year, sadly. Even though I think adding Burress would help Ponder's development I don't think the Vikings want to dive into free agency for financial reasons.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Could Vikings Look Next Door for a Wide Receiver… Dare We Say Green Bay?

Vikings general manager Rick Spielman tried to pry Gurley away from the Packers practice squad towards the end of last season only to have Gurley get a raise from Ted Thompson with a shot at making the team for the 2012 season. Gurley has bulked his 6’4” frame up to 232 pounds
    I wonder if Spielman will try and wait to make another move to get Gurley, he's more of a young gun to fill the spot of Childs than bringing in an older gun like Plax or big $$ gun like Wallace.

Or it could be they are ready to roll with Arceneaux or Burton, I guess since both have made it to the active roster last year from the practice squad

Heck if Webb is having problems and Bethel-Thompson could displace him move Webb back to wr with his 6' 4" he can replace Childs....I don't think that will happen but Spielman more than likely grab a young guy like Gurley as teams trim down to the final roster........ or he'll bring in point guard try football out to get some fans' IBS flaring up

Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    could vikings look next door for a wide receiver… dare we say green bay?

i wonder if spielman will try and wait to make another move to get gurley, he's more of a young gun to fill the spot of childs than bringing in an older gun like plax or big $$ gun like wallace.
    puke puke choke choke gasp gasp......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dibbzz View Post
    My thinking is that if the Vikings Front Office thought we needed help at Wide Receiver we would have either made a move for Wallace or signed a free agent (ala Plaxico Burress) already. I think their line of thinking is to build the team through the draft. Childs had potential but he had injury issues in college and it was a gamble in drafting him. I think we'll hold off on addressing Receiver until next year, sadly. Even though I think adding Burress would help Ponder's development I don't think the Vikings want to dive into free agency for financial reasons.
    Good post my friend. I think either Burton or Arceneaux could fill the role and judging by what Burton has done so far tonight could be a good indicator they might just stay in house and pick one of those two.

Only concern with Burton is he hasn't really stayed healthy.