Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Jones is a DE.

Soliai is an interesting prospect, young, but not much to go on wrt production. I like the numbers (40ish tackles) that Pouha put up the last 2 years. Not so sure about Adams, but I don't think he has really done much in the league and is abit light isn't he?
    You're right about Jones. The site I was looking at listed him as a DT.

Soliai I've seen play a handful of times, including against us last season. He's huge and active, I like him.

And for Olshanksy, you don't get rid of any of those guys. You play him exclusively at DT. Either to spell Kevin Williams when he needs to or opposite of him on 3rd downs.

Anthony Adams is a bit light at 310, but he's also short at 6'0, so I think it balances out. Mind you Pat Williams was listed as 6'3" 317.

He's no little princess.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    You're right about Jones. The site I was looking at listed him as a DT.

Soliai I've seen play a handful of times, including against us last season. He's huge and active, I like him.

And for Olshanksy, you don't get rid of any of those guys. You play him exclusively at DT. Either to spell Kevin Williams when he needs to or opposite of him on 3rd downs.

Anthony Adams is a bit light at 310, but he's also short at 6'0, so I think it balances out. Mind you Pat Williams was listed as 6'3" 317.

He's no little princess.
    I hear ya about spelling K-dubb, but he have Guion, Ballard and Griff that can do that. In short, we have enough 3/5 techniques. We need a 0/1 technique. Without a cat like that the scheme just doesn't work, I don't care how many DB's we bring in.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson14 View Post
    For the love of GOD will someone just draft Marty a warpig!!
    LOL, coffee, all over the place.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    I'd like to see Mario Williams in purple and gold with JA ..... would be a hell of a defense.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    We don't need to and shouldn't be spending a bunch of money on FA. That is the very thing that got us into cap trouble in the last 2 years and got us to a 3-13 record.

What we need to do is draft players, make good decisions and to quit burning draft picks by trading up by bundling picks to get marginal players.

The team needs to get younger and it needs to have it's average contract dollars go down so they can build a more balanced roster.

The team also needs to get faster across the board,especially on defense. They need faster LB's, they certainly need faster DB's and they could use more quickness in the depth on their DL.

The PL needs to be faster and getting rid of Hutch, Herrera and Loadholt would be a good start. Loadholt is just not going to mesh with the rest of the line, especially if they draft Kalil like it appears they are nearly guaranteed to and they need more speed in the WR group. Although catching the ball would also seem to be a desirable trait and I have heard that is possible these days.

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    we make one huge signing in Carl Nicks. Move Hutch to RG, tell him 2 take a pay cut.

Kalil Nicks Sully Hutch Loadholt

Damn thats a beauty o-Line.

We need Corners. i say sign Brandon Carr, Chris Johnson(Raiders). DT Solai would be an upgrade from Remi Ayodele.

thats it to be honest.. a few more filler FAs and we are actually competing!

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Hutch and Herrera are gone, so ideally we would sign Carl Nicks (Puke at the thought of a saint, but w/e) and Kalil and have a Kalil Nicks Sully Johnson Loadholt O-line.

If we could sign a WR like Garcon and then one of the CBs, I think it will be an extremely successful FA. Even if we just got one of Nicks, Vincent, or Carr/Finnegan it would be a good FA.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    I think you may be on to something here, if not Nicks, then Grubbs. That would seem to be a good plan for the OL anyway.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

JPPT1974 is offline Starter
    An OL would be good to take. As also someone like Jones could help out the DEs with the Vikes.
    NFL 2013 is Here!

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Hutch and Herrera are gone, so ideally we would sign Carl Nicks (Puke at the thought of a saint, but w/e) and Kalil and have a Kalil Nicks Sully Johnson Loadholt O-line.

If we could sign a WR like Garcon and then one of the CBs, I think it will be an extremely successful FA. Even if we just got one of Nicks, Vincent, or Carr/Finnegan it would be a good FA.
    A guard is not where I see us spending money as we at least have some guys on the team to fill the spot in Charlie Johnson {as I too believe we draft Kalil} Joe Berger and Brandon Fusco.

Meanwhile at CB we have Winfield better suited for limited nickel duties and the unknown to mediocre guys on our roster to fill the starters role.

At WR we'd currently have Stephen Burton to fill out a three WR set with Harvin and Jenkins.

IMO these need veteran help instead of breaking the bank for Nicks or Grubbs at guard.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast