Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Albert Haynesworth? Is he even relevant anymore?

When is the last time he put forth a decent season? 2009? 2008?
    As much as I want one, you just have to say no to this cat. He only likes to play on passing downs and just barely then.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    As much as I want one, you just have to say no to this cat. He only likes to play on passing downs and just barely then.
    I'd rather have Culpepper and Fred Smoot in the starting lineup than that overpriced tub 'o' lard
    Purple till i die

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_The_Viking View Post
    I'd rather have Culpepper and Fred Smoot in the starting lineup than that overpriced tub 'o' lard
    Overpriced? This isnt baseball and the players dont carry their contracts with them. Not to mention he was cut and has no contract.

Perhaps it is wishfull thinking on my part to think Jared Allen and Kevin Williams could motivate the big man to play up to his potential.

There is no doubt he will come cheap to whomever he plays for this season.

If its true that Albert only wants to play on passing downs, then its a good thing the NFL has become a passing game and I dont recall the packers and the lions being run first teams.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    To me, the problems with Haynesworth aren't about talent, weight or money.

As much as it would be nice to have his size and ability, we don't want a guy with his personality.

I hate to make the Moss comparison and potentially derail this thread, but it's the best analogy I've got. Moss and Haynesworth are both talented players who have been accused of being lazy. One of which accumulated one of the best careers in NFL history, the other put up a couple of good seasons. What's the difference? It's not that Moss is just more of a great talent than Haynesworth(which he is,) but it's when they show their laziness.

Moss may have taken some plays off now and then, but when was Moss out of shape? You can't have Haynesworth's work ethic on a team that's getting younger. That's infectious.

I'd much rather go after a guy like Jason Jones, Paul Soliai, Sione Pouha, Anthony Adams or Igor Olshansky.

I know Olshansky's not really a nose tackle type, but he's a disruptive player against the run and a good athlete. He doesn't have the build to take on double teams, but he has the length, strength and quickness to beat them sometimes. He's more of a 3 or 5 technique, the 3-4 DE type, so he may be better suited for plays where KWill comes off the field.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    23 Quick Observations From The 2012 NFL Scouting Combine

6. WR Vincent Jackson is not a likely candidate to be tagged, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Vikings take a run at him, although the Vikings certainly won’t be the only team interested. Outside of Jackson, though, I don’t think the Vikings will be major players at the top end of the free agent market.

wonderful

How about Osi? Doesnt sound like the Giants will resign him.

Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    23 Quick Observations From The 2012 NFL Scouting Combine

6. WR Vincent Jackson is not a likely candidate to be tagged, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Vikings take a run at him, although the Vikings certainly won’t be the only team interested. Outside of Jackson, though, I don’t think the Vikings will be major players at the top end of the free agent market.

wonderful
    They could still surprise us on both counts (Vjax and FA activity).

Most of the discussions that make us as "non-participants" are from the same ilk that says we are in a rebuilding mode. I for one don't think we will see the amount of turnover in our roster that those chuckle heads think there will be.

Add a nice vet WR, Vet G, and resign a couple of our 2006 class and then sprinkle in draft choices.

Doesn't sound like a complete revamp to me.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by slavinator View Post
    How about Osi? Doesnt sound like the Giants will resign him.
    Although he would be a nice add, what 3/5 technique do you get rid of? Rob, JA, K-dubb, Griff? Gotta add a warpig my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    I'd much rather go after a guy like Jason Jones, Paul Soliai, Sione Pouha, Anthony Adams or Igor Olshansky.
    Jones is a DE.

Soliai is an interesting prospect, young, but not much to go on wrt production. I like the numbers (40ish tackles) that Pouha put up the last 2 years. Not so sure about Adams, but I don't think he has really done much in the league and is abit light isn't he?

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Although he would be a nice add, what 3/5 technique do you get rid of? Rob, JA, K-dubb, Griff? Gotta add a warpig my friend.
    For the love of GOD will someone just draft Marty a warpig!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast