Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I think we will sign a few guys from the secondary in Indy, draft an OL in the mid rounds and sign a few obscure FA WR's with about 50 combined career receptions that we will "Groom"

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I think we will sign a few guys from the secondary in Indy, draft an OL in the mid rounds and sign a few obscure FA WR's with about 50 combined career receptions that we will "Groom"
    Yeah baby!! Super bowl here we come, BRILLIANT!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Looking for work? I think Ricky might be interested.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    If there's a FA player that will most likely be snatched up in the first 3 days of FA, chances are the Vikings won't be signing them.

Spielman will continue to look for "a deal" after the players have been picked over & also sign players that end up being cut, waived released by other teams when they make room for their "new guys" or take them off their practice squads.

2011;

Remi Ayodele, DL (New Orleans)

Michael Jenkins, WR (Atlanta)

Mark Washington, LB (Free Agent)

Devin Aromashodu, WR (Chicago)

2012 additions thus far;

01/26/2012 Solomon Elimimian - Signed to Vikings
    01/18/2012 Jose Valdez - Signed to Vikings
    01/18/2012 Daniel Hardy - Signed to Vikings
    01/13/2012 McLeod Bethel-Thompson - Signed to Vikings
    01/05/2012 Matt Asiata - Signed to Vikings
    01/02/2012 Butch Lewis - Signed to Vikings
    01/02/2012 Allen Reisner - Signed to Vikings
    01/02/2012 Tyrone McKenzie - Signed to Vikings
    01/02/2012 Reggie Jones - Signed to Vikings
    01/02/2012 Kris Adams - Signed to Vikings
    01/02/2012 Chris DeGeare - Signed to Vikings

Read more: Minnesota Vikings Transactions, Signings, Cuts - Pro Football - SI.com
    Last edited by singersp; 02-03-2012 at 06:52 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    If there's a FA player that will most likely be snatched up in the first 3 days of FA, chances are the Vikings won't be signing them.

Spielman will continue to look for "a deal" after the players have been picked over & also sign players that end up being cut, waived released by other teams when they make room for their "new guys" or take them off their practice squads.

2011;

Remi Ayodele, DL (New Orleans)

Michael Jenkins, WR (Atlanta)

Mark Washington, LB (Free Agent)

Devin Aromashodu, WR (Chicago)

2012 additions thus far;

01/26/2012 Solomon Elimimian - Signed to Vikings
    01/18/2012 Jose Valdez - Signed to Vikings
    01/18/2012 Daniel Hardy - Signed to Vikings
    01/13/2012 McLeod Bethel-Thompson - Signed to Vikings
    01/05/2012 Matt Asiata - Signed to Vikings
    01/02/2012 Butch Lewis - Signed to Vikings
    01/02/2012 Allen Reisner - Signed to Vikings
    01/02/2012 Tyrone McKenzie - Signed to Vikings
    01/02/2012 Reggie Jones - Signed to Vikings
    01/02/2012 Kris Adams - Signed to Vikings
    01/02/2012 Chris DeGeare - Signed to Vikings

Read more: Minnesota Vikings Transactions, Signings, Cuts - Pro Football - SI.com
    Sadly, I agree. I don't see the Vikings being aggressive in FA this season....but mostly because I'm not convinced that the Vikings know what they want to accomplish.

As fans, we all have notions on which players fit OUR vision of what our team should be....but it's our Coaching Staff's vision that matters....and I'm not sure that our Staff's vision is all that clear of late. With us eyeballing Coordinators, that says that our future path is uncertain....and that equates to not knowing which guys wil fit the roles we will have available.

To further compound the issue, even when we had a clear, albeit crappy, vision (The former KAO), we missed HORRIBLY on personnel acquisition.

I see us playing it "safe" (i.e failing to move forward appreciably) and targeting players who are "value" guys as Singer suggests.

Caine

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Sadly, I agree. I don't see the Vikings being aggressive in FA this season....but mostly because I'm not convinced that the Vikings know what they want to accomplish.

As fans, we all have notions on which players fit OUR vision of what our team should be....but it's our Coaching Staff's vision that matters....and I'm not sure that our Staff's vision is all that clear of late. With us eyeballing Coordinators, that says that our future path is uncertain....and that equates to not knowing which guys wil fit the roles we will have available.

To further compound the issue, even when we had a clear, albeit crappy, vision (The former KAO), we missed HORRIBLY on personnel acquisition.

I see us playing it "safe" (i.e failing to move forward appreciably) and targeting players who are "value" guys as Singer suggests.

Caine
    I also, sadly, agree.

Would think the Henderson bros will be gone and that we would address LB through FA and mid round draft. If any FA acquisition occurs, I think it will be at OL...for some reason, I think they are targeting Grubbs from Baltimore. Don't see VJax, or DJax, and, frankly, DJax is an immature cancerous punk. That said, going into next season without a complete overhaul of the WR position simply is not an option IMO. A real problem.

Safeties can be had in FA without breaking the bank too, I see a mix of FA and draft for LB, DB, OL, and WR... It will be interesting to see where the balance of FA and draft activity concludes.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    I have a hard time believing that all those free agents would WANT to come here. But if we convinced them to and drafted that well ... we would immediately be an 8-8 type team with 10-win upside (if Ponder in fact improves).
    Weren't you the one who was saying this same stuff when we hired the Chiller, and yet, we saw FA's signed.

Its all about the money my friend. Pay them and they will come.

As for me, I hope (but I don't think they will do it) that the staff targets 2 FA's....

Jared Gaither - Proven LT.
    Vincent Jackson - Guy they should have signed two years ago to replace Rice when he was injured.

Draft......

1rst. _Blackmon. Add this cat (2 defenders) to Percy (2 defenders), VJax (2 Defenders) along with Gaither and you don't have protection issues anymore.

2nd. Ta'amu. Anyone watch the tape on this kid? Hell, go back and look at what he did with only a few reps in the Senior bowl. Not only does he command double teams, he will push those doubles back into the pocket. JA will set the sack record for you yutz's who only worry about things of that nature.

Work in a OLB (Keenen Robinson is interesting 3rd or 4th), MLB (5th Cole or Acho might still be there), TE (I like Kevin Koger 4th) a S and a 2 CB's if Hussain and Cook aren't coming back. 1 CB if Cook is coming back. Time for Whinny to hit the road.

Move Griff back to the Sam, put Greenway back to the Wil and let Jasper play the Mike if EJ doesn't come back.

AND ABOVE ALLLLLLLLLLLLL.......GET RID OF SHORTWELL.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Are you Rick Spielman?!?!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post

Caine
    How so? You sound like an Oblama apologist.

Hutchinson, CT, Leber - ?

Berrian. Was very productive pre-noodle.

Not a FA, but JA was a damn smart, and un-predicted move. Most on here were pissed we didn't go after Smith.

Who did we miss out on? Garcia? A couple of WR's that wound up being crap.

Our drafts were still way above league average with respect to making the team and thats even after the 2007 class mess.

Look, I know you still want to believe that the only reason we made it as far as we did in 2009 was because of the Noodle, but it wasn't. We got that far cause we had a damn talented team.

I will give you this. I agree that we won't be as active as I would like to see, but it will be more inline with the loss of vision at the HC and down than it will be with trying to blame the past HC.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Weren't you the one who was saying this same stuff when we hired the Chiller, and yet, we saw FA's signed.

Its all about the money my friend. Pay them and they will come.

As for me, I hope (but I don't think they will do it) that the staff targets 2 FA's....

Jared Gaither - Proven LT.
    Vincent Jackson - Guy they should have signed two years ago to replace Rice when he was injured.

Draft......

1rst. _Blackmon. Add this cat (2 defenders) to Percy (2 defenders), VJax (2 Defenders) along with Gaither and you don't have protection issues anymore.

2nd. Ta'amu. Anyone watch the tape on this kid? Hell, go back and look at what he did with only a few reps in the Senior bowl. Not only does he command double teams, he will push those doubles back into the pocket. JA will set the sack record for you yutz's who only worry about things of that nature.

Work in a OLB (Keenen Robinson is interesting 3rd or 4th), MLB (5th Cole or Acho might still be there), TE (I like Kevin Koger 4th) a S and a 2 CB's if Hussain and Cook aren't coming back. 1 CB if Cook is coming back. Time for Whinny to hit the road.

Move Griff back to the Sam, put Greenway back to the Wil and let Jasper play the Mike if EJ doesn't come back.

AND ABOVE ALLLLLLLLLLLLL.......GET RID OF SHORTWELL.
    Ilike the idea of getting VJ or drafting Blackman but both is too much when we need to fix the D. I have said we trade down with Wsh. And get Reiff a very good LT get Carl Nicks in FA and move Johnson to RT. That would be a damn good OL. with our 2nd pick get poe or Ta,amu and then with wsh. 2nd pick draft a DB. The third round pick I want David WLB out of Nebraska this is a guy who can cover RB and TE and he has great football instincts. Grab a DB and S in Fa and we will be a much improved team talent wise my Friend!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast