skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Vikings sign FB Jerome Felton

Formerly with the Colts

https://twitter.com/#!/JasonLaCanfor...47932072964096

Don't get it, we keep bringing in these longshots..

And if we are going to run alot of 2 TE sets, the FB will naturally go out most of the time, so whats the problem with having D'Imperio in there, Toby can also line up at FB in some packages and Adrian has always said he likes to run without a fullback in front of him.

But again, i don't know what kind of resources we are using on signing these guys and what kind of money they will get, likely just vet minimum, im just shocked its even an issues and it seems the Vikings are just gonna try and sign a numourus amunt of low-end guys in hope of one or two pans out ok.. I don't like the strategy..

There are good players in this years free agency and good players still left, espcially at LB, some at CB.. But we chose to ignore it in the hope that we can draft some good young players, something we haven't been able to do on a consistant basis..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    That is a holdover of the Spielman philosophy that has been in place since he got here. There is a long list of players going back to his first year that are from the same mold.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    That is a holdover of the Spielman philosophy that has been in place since he got here. There is a long list of players going back to his first year that are from the same mold.
    Yet some people think he's going to be a genius when it comes to the draft & we'll end up getting a bunch of rookie starters that will replace the starters we lost.

I'm afraid his same FA intellect will carry over to the draft.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Yet some people think he's going to be a genius when it comes to the draft & we'll end up getting a bunch of rookie starters that will replace the starters we lost.

For better or worse, he is our guy for now and he needs to use the draft effectively to give this team a chance at a future. Let him make his picks and determine his future. If he proves to be as inept as many believe, hopefully will Zygi take action soon. In the end, Zygi's opinion is the only one that matters.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Nobody thinks he will, but it's our only hope.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    This is just another sign of things to come and that things are alot of 2-3 and 2-2 sets.

And this guy isn't a weapon either, not unless you want to call another thick neck knee bender who can't carry the ball or catch it a weapon. In short, you guys dispised Tahi, guess how much your gonna dispise this cat.

On a side note, for a O-coord who said he didn't like to use FB's, he sure has alot of them running around.

Additionally, were is the crowd who disagree'd with my assesment of Musgrove and send that he would bring a "Chuck it deep" mentality to this offense instead of a even reserved version of the KAO? You know, the ones who thought that the Atlanta offense was run by Musgrove the QB coach.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    This is just another sign of things to come and that things are alot of 2-3 and 2-2 sets.

And this guy isn't a weapon either, not unless you want to call another thick neck knee bender who can't carry the ball or catch it a weapon. In short, you guys dispised Tahi, guess how much your gonna dispise this cat.

On a side note, for a O-coord who said he didn't like to use FB's, he sure has alot of them running around.

Additionally, were is the crowd who disagree'd with my assesment of Musgrove and send that he would bring a "Chuck it deep" mentality to this offense instead of a even reserved version of the KAO? You know, the ones who thought that the Atlanta offense was run by Musgrove the QB coach.
    And who said that the FB position is going away?

If you remember Chiller's first year, they loaded up on all these no name FB's as well. Didn't get it then, don.'t get it now.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Actually we will have a bunch of rookie starters that will replace the vets we lost but that in many cases will be by default and not sheer talent similar to the TJ era when he consistently won a starting QB job not because he was a quality NFL caliber QB but rather that he was just better than the retreads they brought in to back him up.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    It is like no one paid attention that Toby ran better behind D'Imperio. Well D'Imperio blows so we signed a better blocking fullback.

You guys do know Peterson will miss games next year, right?