Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings sign CFLs hardest hitter

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Works for me. Big fan of hard-hitting football players here! Question is: given his size (6'0", 227 lbs.) and his speed (apparently 4.6 in the 40), can he REALLY play LB in the NFL? Might he be better at S or CB? Comments, anyone?

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Meh. We also signed one of their "top WRs" in Arceneaux and he's garbage.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Sounds like a good special teams player.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Meh. We also signed one of their "top WRs" in Arceneaux and he's garbage.
    And you've seen enough to judge already??..

Im all for players from the CFL coming in, hope it works out for this guy here. I think Brinkley has the MLB tied down for a good few years when EJ goes/hangs it up.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson14 View Post
    And you've seen enough to judge already??..

Im all for players from the CFL coming in, hope it works out for this guy here. I think Brinkley has the MLB tied down for a good few years when EJ goes/hangs it up.
    He had one decent play (in the preseason I think) and he ended up fumbling right before the endzone. Then he spent the rest of the year on the PS. Just slip an O right in the middle of that and you have his receiving skills if he can't crack our starting lineup.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Cameron Wake.
    We're bringing purple back.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Lesnar could hit too. Unfortunately, that's all he could do.

Lets see what he can do in TC & preseason. I hope they don't simply let EJ walk away to sign elsewhere to save cap space, hoping that this guy or Brinkley can fill his shoes.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Solomon Elimimian played like a monster in the CFL. He is quick (but not super fast), takes good angles, hits like a hammer, and wraps. He could play linebacker or safety in the NFL.

The Vikings messed up by giving a lowball offer to Cameron Wake two years ago. Miami did too, but their offer had a better guarantee. Wake is so underpaid that he could sit out.

The Vikings should have pushed harder for 6-6, 325 lbs right offensive tackle Jovan Olafioye. He plays well in space and has NFL size. Olafioye was second in voting for offensive outstanding lineman in the CFL and was voted an all-star player. Reports are that the Vikings did bring him in and offered him a contract, but like with Wake, the Vikings were short on guaranteed money. The Rams signed him.

If the Vikings wanted to pick up a CFL receiver that could play in the NFL, they would have picked up Geroy Simon from the BC Lions years ago. It is too bad his career is now winding down.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Lesnar could hit too. Unfortunately, that's all he could do.
    Difference being this kid played football most his life, Lesnar never did. I'm willing to bet given time, he would have been servicable, but his contract caused problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast