Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Not sure about injury prone could somebody fill me in on his history other than the torn labrum last year and a concussion in a playoff game against the Bears

As for the reports of mediocre he was the Seahawks leading receiver in 2008 as a rookie....only other rookie Seahawk to do that was Largent.

He also had to 2 td catches against the Saints in the Seahawks last playoff win

Jarlvik is offline Rookie
    An OK (albeit pricey) move. Does anyone know if he can block?
    Injuries scare me but he did have time to heal. Didn't know he had that many concussions though.
    None

Ranger is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarlvik View Post
    An OK (albeit pricey) move. Does anyone know if he can block?
    Injuries scare me but he did have time to heal. Didn't know he had that many concussions though.
    Lived in Seattle for a number of years, co-workers with a guy who lived there until two months ago, and we're bother fans of the 'hawks. I'm, of course, a larger Vikes fan, but the point is to establish the fact that I've watched the kid play.

He is a pretty fantastic receiving tight end. Good hands, good routes, finds space.

Terrible blocker. Not good at all.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    5mil a year isnt that much money.

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    Use.
    Some.
    Periods.
    And.
    Some.
    Line.
    Breaks.
    Thanks, I was getting dizzy trying to read that giant block as well.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Terrible move.
    1. Rudolph was developing into a NFL starter, so you either have to have this guy as a backup or shelve Rudolph. Don't give me the 2TE set BS because it was proven last season that we were rarely using that set in passing downs.

2. 5 million a year for a TE? Even worst 5 Million a year for a TE than Rudolph should quickly bypass in talent? Put it this way, Nicks got 9 million a year. Would you still sign Nicks for 4 million? This money should go towards a guard, something we don't have!!! We have a serviceable TE. We don't have an oline. We dont have Cbs. We dont have Safeties, We don't have LBs. Thank god almighty that we signed a backup TE for 5 million dollars...Dumb Dumb Dumb!

3. He's injury prone and quickly lost his starting job to Miller. The other TEs on the market are just as talented and nowhere the price. Gates and Davis made 6.5 million last season. Are you telling me that this guy is somewhere close to their talent? Crack is Wack. My prediction, this guy gets 40 receptions 430 yards 4tds and we look like true fools.

4. Fire Spielman!

Ranger is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Terrible move.
    1. Rudolph was developing into a NFL starter, so you either have to have this guy as a backup or shelve Rudolph. Don't give me the 2TE set BS because it was proven last season that we were rarely using that set in passing downs.

2. 5 million a year for a TE? Even worst 5 Million a year for a TE than Rudolph should quickly bypass in talent? Put it this way, Nicks got 9 million a year. Would you still sign Nicks for 4 million? This money should go towards a guard, something we don't have!!! We have a serviceable TE. We don't have an oline. We dont have Cbs. We dont have Safeties, We don't have LBs. Thank god almighty that we signed a backup TE for 5 million dollars...Dumb Dumb Dumb!

3. He's injury prone and quickly lost his starting job to Miller. The other TEs on the market are just as talented and nowhere the price. Gates and Davis made 6.5 million last season. Are you telling me that this guy is somewhere close to their talent? Crack is Wack. My prediction, this guy gets 40 receptions 430 yards 4tds and we look like true fools.

4. Fire Spielman!
    He's got the talent to put up good/great receiving numbers for a TE, but he wont be on the field enough to do it. Furthermore, there's no offensive line to protect the quarterback, so he'll spend half the snaps that he's in on performing pass protection, which is his weakest point.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    He's got the talent to put up good/great receiving numbers for a TE, but he wont be on the field enough to do it. Furthermore, there's no offensive line to protect the quarterback, so he'll spend half the snaps that he's in on performing pass protection, which is his weakest point.
    He won't put up great numbers with us. Rudolph is going to have a huge Spring and this guy will ride the pine. You drafted a TE in the 2nd round and then go out and sign a guy 5 million a year to be his backup/ start over him. Either way, we are idiots.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12