Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Vikings sign Basketball Player, Nick Taylor

Former college point guard says Vikings signed him to 3-year contract | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities ? Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers)

"Taylor spent time last season in a minor arena football league as a defensive back and worked out on Wednesday at FIU's pro day, where he was clocked at 4.34 and 4.27 seconds in the 40-yard dash."

"Taylor said team officials told him his long-shot bid to make the roster will include a look at cornerback, punt returner and perhaps receiver, too."

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    How about instead of signing a basketball players that didn't even play college football & is a long shot to make the roster, we sign some players that have actually played college or pro football & have a great chance of making the roster.

Of course when that does happen, chances are they'll try to convert him & have him play a position different from the one he has played.
    Last edited by singersp; 03-16-2012 at 06:01 PM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    didnt we try this already with another basketball player who was 6'3 and ran a 4.2 forty...and failed miserably?

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    4.27second 40 is faster than anyone in the draft. Doubtful he ever makes the roster, but if he does it could be a steal. I have no problem with the team looking to unconventional sources for talent.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    4.27second 40 is faster than anyone in the draft. Doubtful he ever makes the roster, but if he does it could be a steal. I have no problem with the team looking to unconventional sources for talent.
    Wow! That's even faster than Troy Williamson & Bernard Berrian! Glad we signed another fast WR based on speed.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    as if there aren't enough FA football players that could actually ...you know! Play football!!!

Frazier: Hey Rick! When I said sign me some guards to fill the big fucking hole we now have after you let Hutch & Herrera go, a point guard is not what I had in mind.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Need to find the "Todd Lowber can outrun bullets and jump over houses" thread.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    The Hollywood, Fla., native played three years on FIU basketball team, averaging 0.6 points and 0.8 assists in 18 games (two starts) as a junior in 2009-10.
    Jeez.. not only did we sign a guy who only plays basketball, we signed a shitty basketball players at that.

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Give him a try. Why not? What's the worst thing that can happen? Nothing to lose and everything to gain in my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast