Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30
  1. #11
    ShowingMyHorns is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    I'd just like to get it out there that there is a huge different between Frerotte (sp?), Brad Johnson, Bollinger, and Mcnabb vs. PEYTON MANNING! If healthy he was expected to play at an elite level for 4-5 more years then drop off to being above average. This is on of the best in the history of the game that if healthy, could produce at a high level for several more years.

    That being said, I don't want him.
    Fact of the matter is he isn't healthy. And most likely wont be playing at a high level for 4-5 years. He cant even throw the ball to the left really. So it really isn't worth discussing.

  2. #12
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,275
    Vikings definitely need to look long and hard at the possibility of bringing in a a passer of his caliber. He might be the best to ever play the game. I fully expect him to a make a full recover from the neck surgery.
    Draft Kalil and WR in the 2nd and our offense gets really scary.

  3. #13
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,233
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Vikings definitely need to look long and hard at the possibility of bringing in a a passer of his caliber. He might be the best to ever play the game. I fully expect him to a make a full recover from the neck surgery.
    Draft Kalil and WR in the 2nd and our offense gets really scary.
    I was actually thinking about all of that just the other day.

    I think Ponder/Webb could learn plenty from someone like Manning and this is a big difference from even Favre. This guy should still have 4 years left give or take if he really is healthy ... and he is rumored to be willing to sign a very incentive-laden contract.

    Why not take a chance? This is not Warren Moon at the end of his career. This is not Randall Cunningham or Jeff George. This is not Brad Johnson or Donovan McNabb. This is Peyton Manning.

    It should at least be explored. Especially if we think we can add Kalil at No. 3 and then ad a Jeffery type in the second round.

  4. #14
    kjdaddy is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    331
    Kalil.

  5. #15
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,233
    Quote Originally Posted by kjdaddy View Post
    Kalil.
    Tons of depth there in that post. I can see quickly how it relates to Peyton Manning.

  6. #16
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    I was actually thinking about all of that just the other day.

    I think Ponder/Webb could learn plenty from someone like Manning and this is a big difference from even Favre. This guy should still have 4 years left give or take if he really is healthy ... and he is rumored to be willing to sign a very incentive-laden contract.

    Why not take a chance? This is not Warren Moon at the end of his career. This is not Randall Cunningham or Jeff George. This is not Brad Johnson or Donovan McNabb. This is Peyton Manning.

    It should at least be explored. Especially if we think we can add Kalil at No. 3 and then ad a Jeffery type in the second round.
    Adding Kalil, Jeffrey with 1 and 2, then Manning and maybe a G in FA would make us an instantly scary offense.

  7. #17
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,233
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Adding Kalil, Jeffrey with 1 and 2, then Manning and maybe a G in FA would make us an instantly scary offense.

    I agree. We would be able to score with other teams. And that is the way of the NFL these days. Have to be able to put up 30 when you need to.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Reinholds,Pa
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    who will block for him?........RGIII could a least run away from getting killed
    None

  9. #19
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Lippythelion69 View Post
    who will block for him?........RGIII could a least run away from getting killed
    That's the best part, we get to use the third pick on Kalil, who instantly upgrades our pass protection.
    RGIII would be sick too, but I doubt he is available at #3.
    Manning costs us nothing in terms of draft picks or players. Just cash, but the owner will get all that plus some back in jersey and ticket sales.

  10. #20
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,233
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    That's the best part, we get to use the third pick on Kalil, who instantly upgrades our pass protection.
    RGIII would be sick too, but I doubt he is available at #3.
    Manning costs us nothing in terms of draft picks or players. Just cash, but the owner will get all that plus some back in jersey and ticket sales.
    Yeah ... as a few have been stating here.

    Draft Kalil at No. 3. Draft Jeffery at No. 35. Sign Peyton Manning and his buddy Reggie Wayne. Bingo! Our offense moves into very scary territory. Can you imagine Manning, Peterson, Harvin, Wayne, Rudolph and Jeffery running out there?

    Sure, it does not address the secondary as much as I would like, but there is a plethora of good secondary talent in this draft and in FA that we could still try to stockpile.

    That offense right there though would single handedly make us serious contenders in our own division and possibly the conference. And it is ALL doable.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •