FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

Vikings re-sign DT Fred Evans

https://twitter.com/#/ProFootballTal...39871563300864

Like it or not looks as though the Vikings will make due at DT with what we had last year so don't hope they use any early picks if even any at all on the position.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    What a waste.

On a side note, I'm not reading it the way you are my friend. I see this as an insurance policy if the guy the want doesn't slip into the 3rd. If he doesn't, then they will have to take one of the 0 technique projectes, hope that Guion can make the transition to that position and if not, then they will go with Fred.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    What a waste.

On a side note, I'm not reading it the way you are my friend. I see this as an insurance policy if the guy the want doesn't slip into the 3rd. If he doesn't, then they will have to take one of the 0 technique projectes, hope that Guion can make the transition to that position and if not, then they will go with Fred.
    It may be they are waiting until next years draft for a NT. We will get our LT this year, and the draft is deep at CB and WR so we may as well fill those positions of need in a year that features those spots. We have too many holes to fill in one year.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I think Fred is a 3 not a 0 and that is why his play has regressed. When he was at his best he was Kevin's backup and he wreccked havoc doing so. Another case of this FO trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    The front office does seem to have a gift of trying to fit square pegs into round holes, and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    It may be they are waiting until next years draft for a NT. We will get our LT this year, and the draft is deep at CB and WR so we may as well fill those positions of need in a year that features those spots. We have too many holes to fill in one year.
    You might be right, but this will be the third year in a row they could get one of the warpigs.

Lets see if they try of if they go out and draft yet again another CB and a couple more 3 techniques.

For all the picks we've spent on them we could have moved up and taken a guy who would really solve our problem.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by vikesrgreat2 View Post
    The front office does seem to have a gift of trying to fit square pegs into round holes, and vice versa.
    I hear ya my friend, but I also think its a mix of the FO pukes and a coaching staff that doesn't know what to do with the square pegs the FO pukes are giving them.

Take a look at how bad Load regressed last year. It isnt like he forgot how to play the game. Someone is trying to teach him and it isn't a FO puke.

Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I think Fred is a 3 not a 0 and that is why his play has regressed. When he was at his best he was Kevin's backup and he wreccked havoc doing so. Another case of this FO trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.
    As usual, that makes sense Kev. Question then begs to be asked is, "Why, if Fred is that good of a 3 tech, do they keep drafting them?"

Maybe Guion will suprise me this year. I know he flashed some nasty last year finally.