Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 58
  1. #11
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    I am watching the Fiesta Bowl and just fell in love with the idea of drafting Justin Blackmon. I actually wanted to watch the game to see Luck, who has looked great but man, Blackmon is just plain dominant.

  2. #12
    TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,308
    Whatever the Vikes do, it needs to be monumental. Need to hit the home run this draft. every round. Get it done.

  3. #13
    Granville1906 is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11
    amen... I am tired of sucking. We f$#*(&R$ the draft last year.

  4. #14
    MossMems is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    51
    If Kalil isnt there at 3rd we trade down. Someones going to want RG3...and will spend alot to get him. We could get a good tackle and a FLoyd, maybe Jeffery.

  5. #15
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMems View Post
    If Kalil isnt there at 3rd we trade down. Someones going to want RG3...and will spend alot to get him. We could get a good tackle and a FLoyd, maybe Jeffery.
    Notta chance. If Blackmon is there we're stupid not to take him. The best WR in the country. big, fast, great hands, exactly what we need.

  6. #16
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404
    I heard that Hutch might retire due to concussions. We seem to have been run blocking well. We allowed the 28th most sacks. I think that the OL is super important. With teams like NO, GB, Det, and NE putting up so many points on all defenses, it makes me think defense is not that important. Our defense just needs to me consistent. I can't say we did a great job on D, we did have a lot of injuries in the secondary.

    You have to have some luck in a draft. Cam wasn't a consensus number one pick, nobody knew he would be a 4,000 yard passes and break rookie records. Luck is suppose to be a consensus number one pick, he probably won't be breaking rookie records.

    We need to score more points than GB and Det. We aren't going to add enough to our D in one draft to slow or throw them off their juggernaut offenses. WE ARE REBUILDING, NEED A VISION and draft towards that goal of how we are going to stop them. This is a multi-year process.

  7. #17
    smegmavike is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    904
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    I heard that Hutch might retire due to concussions. We seem to have been run blocking well. We allowed the 28th most sacks. I think that the OL is super important. With teams like NO, GB, Det, and NE putting up so many points on all defenses, it makes me think defense is not that important. Our defense just needs to me consistent. I can't say we did a great job on D, we did have a lot of injuries in the secondary.

    You have to have some luck in a draft. Cam wasn't a consensus number one pick, nobody knew he would be a 4,000 yard passes and break rookie records. Luck is suppose to be a consensus number one pick, he probably won't be breaking rookie records.

    We need to score more points than GB and Det. We aren't going to add enough to our D in one draft to slow or throw them off their juggernaut offenses. WE ARE REBUILDING, NEED A VISION and draft towards that goal of how we are going to stop them. This is a multi-year process.
    One thing seems certain,Ponder wont last another season of pounding like he got this season.
    He was a different player at the end of the season than when he first started.

  8. #18
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    One thing seems certain,Ponder wont last another season of pounding like he got this season.
    He was a different player at the end of the season than when he first started.
    Amen.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #19
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Notta chance. If Blackmon is there we're stupid not to take him. The best WR in the country. big, fast, great hands, exactly what we need.
    Shiny Hood Ornament Theory at it's worst right there.

    A CHFF theory elevated to Man Law | Cold Hard Football Facts

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  10. #20
    Flidais is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Notta chance. If Blackmon is there we're stupid not to take him. The best WR in the country. big, fast, great hands, exactly what we need.
    Even though I love me my offensive linemen, I wouldn't be opposed to Blackmon. However, I keep seeing these comments that he's big. I dunno. I wouldn't have thought 6 foot 1 inch, 211 lbs to be big.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •