Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    perhaps... but that doesn't make my point any less relevant... a camp body who we drafted and developed is better than some fast point guard off the street or undrafted rookie free agent... he wasn't guaranteed so we could have kept him through the offseason to see if he had healed and gotten himself together.
    Except there probably is a point where we'll owe him money. He's a vet, he signed an extension not too long ago. The coaches obviously don't think he'll ever be the same player, and don't think he has the skills to plays safety.

It's not just thath e was slow last year, he was missing tackles and taking bad angles. He was one of the worst players on the field. He was a healthy scratch on multiple occasions for a reason last season.

bleedpurple is online now Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Except there probably is a point where we'll owe him money. He's a vet, he signed an extension not too long ago. The coaches obviously don't think he'll ever be the same player, and don't think he has the skills to plays safety.

It's not just thath e was slow last year, he was missing tackles and taking bad angles. He was one of the worst players on the field. He was a healthy scratch on multiple occasions for a reason last season.
    NO, it was only two games... and you are referring to Asher Allen, Tyrel Johnson and Husain Abdullah.... Griff got beat deep a few times and missed some tackles but he was far from the only problem in the secondary... esp. coming off of two separate Acl tears to each leg..

he should be given a chance to move to safety. IMO... his salary won't be guaranteed until the start of the league year... they even considered moving him to safety before they cut him... I think they should have restructured his deal from 4mil down to 1.5 with incentives or something like that... win/win....

like i said, we need bodies.... we have like one safety on the roster with mulitple holes at corner... you can't change that in one draft.. esp. with holes in the o-line, receiver, d-line, LB and corner and safety... virtually the entire team!!...lol

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    NO, it was only two games... and you are referring to Asher Allen, Tyrel Johnson and Husain Abdullah.... Griff got beat deep a few times and missed some tackles but he was far from the only problem in the secondary... esp. coming off of two separate Acl tears to each leg..
    No, Griffin got benched for playing terribly multiple times. And no, it wasn't just a few times, it was frequent.

Between him and Asher, they might just be the two worst starting corners in the league.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12