Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    If this trade is real and we do end up with the 16th pick, I would look to take Decastro if he is still there.

We should then have,
    2 first in 2013

2 seconds 2012
    2 thirds in 2012
    3 fourths in 2012

Not even Speilman can fuck this up. I would look to trade our Early 4th for a 2nd next year.
    I would take Jeffery at the top of the 2nd.

I envision our season going rather poorly and we having a top 3 pick. Add that to the Jets being horrible and I expect to see them with a top 10pick next season. Enough for us to pick up Robert Woods (WR) and D.J. Fluker (OT).

Fluker - Deastro - Sully - RG - Loadholt = a great line
    Harvin - Woods - Jeffery - Jenkins = A great WR Corp.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    Spielman is the worst poker player ever. Is there anything this guy is good at ?
    1 year contracts?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Be realistic folks, the 3rd pick is not worth multiple first round picks, plus multiple second rounders, plus multiple third rounders.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Be realistic folks, the 3rd pick is not worth multiple first round picks, plus multiple second rounders, plus multiple third rounders.
    The way many people have pumped up the impact Kalil will have he sure seems to be worth it. My guess is there are at least 10 teams on the phone with Rick tonight offering at least what Atlanta gave last year for Jones so they can move up and get a LT that can protect their QB's blind side for a decade.

i would say we aould get calls from Buffalo, San Diego, Green Bay, Detroit,Chicago, St Louis, Washington ( Would be players not picks) Carolina, Arizona,Seattle, and maybe even a few others. A player of that value will bring a kings ransom.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I would hope Spielmillen would not drop back from 3 to 16 with only an extra 2nd and 3rd. They would certainly have to add a 1st next year to make it happen. So that puts us rright about where Kevon has us in picks. That said, I don't see it happening anyway. Word on ESPN this morning was that a Jets official gave it a 0.0% chance. The asking price was too high.
    I wouldn't be too happy with Spiel anyway if he dropped back that far. The only concession for a horrid year like we had is getting to pick a supposed can't miss prospect in the draft. You don't get that at 16.
    Last edited by marshallvike; 04-26-2012 at 07:32 AM.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Lets do the math....

New York Jets:
    1-16=1000
    2-15=430
    3-14=200
    5-19=32.6
    6-17 from Philadelphia via Indianapolis
    6-33 (compensatory) - No points cant trade them
    6-34 (compensatory) - No points cant trade them
    7-25 from Denver=4.6
    7-35 (compensatory) - No points cant trade them
    7-37 (compensatory) - No points cant trade them
    Total 1667.2

Vikes
    1-3 = 2200

Hmmm, don't usually do math in public but I gotta agree NP, no way in hell this ever happens.

In the end, there is alot of crap going around like this, but if you really look at it close, it might sound cool, but its still just crap.
    Maybe so Marty, but the more this talk of the Jets trying to jump Cleveland for the rights to Richardson, the better for us. Perhaps it would entice Cleveland to give us a third or possibly a second to move up one spot. We still get our guy.
    Hopeful.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    Spielman is the worst poker player ever. Is there anything this guy is good at ?
    This didn't necessarily come from Spielman... There are so many teams blowing smoke right now it could have come from anywhere. And it is bleacher report... so it could have just been a drunken Jets fan.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I don't know my friend. I have to give him an A for trying. Heck, I will give him a A+ if he actually pulls it off.

In the end, what is he losing? Team is dominating the draft press (owner loves that)/(most of the fans are eating it up that their team is dominating the draft press). If he pulls it off he has another 2nd or at least a 3rd rounder and they will still gets Kalil.
    Yah I gotta agree with you Marr. I think Spielman has done as good of a job as anyone could expect. I've been impressed so far. I don't mind the one year deals as much as some people do. If they do great (unlikely) then we'll offer them a better contract next year and if we can get 1-2 players to sign them then that makes this a successful FA. If they are garbage then let them walk and sign someone in next years FA when we are a little closer to being a competitor and fill the rest with the draft.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own
    Sal Palintonio is reporting there is zero-point-zero percent chance of this trade happening.

Trent Richardson - College Player - 2012 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I would hope Spielmillen would not drop back from 3 to 16 with only an extra 2nd and 3rd. They would certainly have to add a 1st next year to make it happen. So that puts us rright about where Kevon has us in picks. That said, I don't see it happening anyway. Word on ESPN this morning was that a Jets official gave it a 0.0% chance. The asking price was too high.
    I wouldn't be too happy with Spiel anyway if he dropped back that far. The only concession for a horrid year like we had is getting to pick a supposed can't miss prospect in the draft. You don't get that at 16.
    Agreed. Volume is overrated, quality is more important.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast