Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Personally I want to see them work with Fusco, DeGere and Berger as well as Loadholt and then get a guy like Martin at LT.
    WHy....these guys are terrible. We dont have a miricle sitting on the bench.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I believe the scheme & coaching was definitely much of the blame during the KAO Era. I've voiced my opinion about that since 2006 & I believe it's the primary reason that Birk left.

Now it's hard to say. If it's still coaching, they will be trying to do it with less talented players than Childress had.

If the scheme is complicated, like the type of ZB scheme Childress wanted to run, the one that some here said would take 5 years to master, don't bother trying to run it here. We can't keep the same OL in tact for 2 years, let alone 5.

GB rebuilt their OL a few years ago & look at it now. Seattle had an OL worse than ours but it improved as the year went on.

The thing I've failed to see here since Childress/Frasier took over is a constant improvement in our OL. We are no closer today in having a solid OL than we were in 2006.
    I would say what you have seen is the combination of a few things.

Number one- I don't think they have done a good job of getting quality position coaches on the OL and I don't think the FO has done a very good job of fielding talent that compliments each other.

Number 2- I believe that tying up the amount of cap space they did on Hutch and McKinney limited what they could spend on the rest of the line and thus the overall quality of the line was diminished.

That is primarily why I am not really interested in taking Kalil at 3. I know he could be a hell of a player ad make that position solid for a long time but looking at the lines that have those Elite LT's, it looks like the rest of the lines look much like ours. Too many dollars tied up on one side and too little talent on the other side.

The link MaxVike posted pretty much reinforced that. It looks like Cleveland with Thomas was way back in 18th place while the Dolphins with Long were actually worse than the Vikings while teams with later round talent that was more balanced and ranked higher.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    WHy....these guys are terrible. We dont have a miricle sitting on the bench.
    Because these are the guys the FO drafted and brought in to be the next phase. If they fail then the FO needs to go. Why pilfer the guys other FO's have drafted and developed just to mask our staffs shortcomings?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    I don't trust our offensive line coaches. We need a vocal veteran presence on the line.
    Right now that veteran presence, by NFL tenure, would have to be either Joe Berger, who got let go by both the Dolphins & Cowboys or Charlie Johnson, who was let go by Indy. Both have only been with the Vikings 1 year.

If your looking for that veteran presence from the OL man that's been with the Vikings the longest, that would be Sullivan.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Right now that veteran presence, by NFL tenure, would have to be either Joe Berger, who got let go by both the Dolphins & Cowboys or Charlie Johnson, who was let go by Indy. Both have only been with the Vikings 1 year.

If your looking for that veteran presence from the OL man that's been with the Vikings the longest, that would be Sullivan.
    Yep, exactly. Not really guys to learn from. Kalil on day 1 could probably out play all of those guys.

Bubba Jed is offline Starter
    What do y'all think of the Vikings talking of cutting EJ Henderson and Shiancoe? I think they need to keep them.
    The Pack, the Pack, gonna smack the Pack.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Shank will be a free agent, EJ Henderson has not been the same since his injury, so id guess i would understand, but we got so many holes to cover, we need to keep some guys instead of just lining up with another 53 guys.

EDIT: EJ Henderson is also a free agent and therefore either won't be cut, just not extended..
    Last edited by skum; 03-13-2012 at 12:07 PM.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Ravens haven't grabbed these guys yet.... Hutch is heading to see the Titans

Bubba Jed is offline Starter
    What do you think the chances are of the Vikings re-signing these guys if they let them go at a reduced price?
    The Pack, the Pack, gonna smack the Pack.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Jed View Post
    What do you think the chances are of the Vikings re-signing these guys if they let them go at a reduced price?
    Might be a small chance for EJ and Erin to sign here, but the rest is gone for good.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123