Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    All this LT and WR talk and nobody thinks we need a CB? Sheesh.
    we need a lot of things, but I'd prefer to stick in scrubs at CB instead of WR and LT. Developing Ponder with crappy pass defense > Ponder failing due to no OL or WRs with good pass d.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Brewtal is offline Starter
    I see us addressing CB in the draft. We do not have the cap space to sign a CB in free agency. The position is overpaid and we can get better value from the draft. We will see what happens with Cook. They will probably grab a corner, but it is not going to be what people on this sight invision.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    All this LT and WR talk and nobody thinks we need a CB? Sheesh.
    I am guessing we will use more than one pick on CB's. We get Kalil, then the draft is deep on WR's & CB's so we will have the opportunity to take one or the other with the next pick, depending on BPA at those positions.
    Luckily, we have so many holes to fill, we could pretty much pick anybody and it would fill a need position.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I am guessing we will use more than one pick on CB's. We get Kalil, then the draft is deep on WR's & CB's so we will have the opportunity to take one or the other with the next pick, depending on BPA at those positions.
    Luckily, we have so many holes to fill, we could pretty much pick anybody and it would fill a need position.
    Well said! If we just went "best player available" for the entire draft, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Personally, I like the idea of going DT for our second-round pick and selecting Ta'amu of Washington. Sounds like he could be an upgrade to Guion/Ayodele. Thoughts?

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vikesrgreat2 View Post
    Well said! If we just went "best player available" for the entire draft, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Personally, I like the idea of going DT for our second-round pick and selecting Ta'amu of Washington. Sounds like he could be an upgrade to Guion/Ayodele. Thoughts?
    Ta'amu is a NT in a 3-4, id say he is way to big to fit in a 4-3 as a full time starter.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Well, if we have a ball control offense featuring our less than stellar armed QB handing the ball off to the RB with a Bionic knee and throwing the ball to the Two TE's 5-8 yards down the field then I sure hope to heck they don't think they can just plug in any old CB in the secondary and expect to be competitive. You need an elite defense and especially an elite secondary to counter a methodical, run and TE focused offense.

And now with the fact that Chicago got Marshall every team in our division is going to be challenging our secondary it is even more critical. While OTOH if you look at the division and the 3 guys that the LT is going to be blocking in Peppers, Vanden Bosch, and Wynn I would contend that we are actually more vulnerable on the right side than the left where we see Suh, Matthews etc.

When you are building you first have to build to beat the teams in your division and right now while we clearly need a LT, we can get by with one that is not a top 3 pick, while at CB there is not a greater need on the team considering the offenses we face both in the division and in the league. To build with project and second level DB's in this division with the offense we run is a recipe for a long string of 3-5 win seasons.

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    What spielman needs to realize is we are not the fudging patriots! The patriots offense is CRAP.. but they got all pro TOM BRADY and an ALL PRO O-Line.

Brady basically threw to three people the whole season. Gronk, Hernandez, and Welker.. sprinkle in some deion Branch.

but they can do that because bill belicheck is a mastermind play caller, and TOM brady is TOM terrific!

We can't mimic that! Yes we got Rudolph and Carlson and Harvin... but Ponder doesnt have the skillset yet to run an offense with not so good talent, and a bad offensive line. He needs Two good wideouts around him, and a decent o-line so he can develop correctly and not get CREAMED, and become a bust!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Vikings Cant Mess this FA/Draft Up
    Yes they can. Just watch 'em.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    I think we'll draft a Kicker in the 1st, a punter in the 2nd, another kicker in the 3rd, and then start looking to fill our need at TE.....

That will help with our offensive strategy of run, run (or pass), run, punt, where we keep pinning them deep, then we hope for a turn over or a bad punt from them to put us in FG range.

...of course, taht means our Defense will have to stop them...

...this may be tougher than we expected....

Caine

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Yes they can. Just watch 'em.

Mission Accomplished!!...

Ced Griff.. coulda been moved to safety and renegotiated for 2.5mil with incentives... He can't be any worse than tyron smith and abdullah... geez...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast