Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

Vikings Cant Mess this FA/Draft Up

The Vikings would literally have to try HARD to mess up this FA/Draft. Our top three weaknesses.. WR/CB/OL is the Deep part for FA and Draft.. WR is rediculously deep in the FA and even more deep in the Draft. There is no need to draft Blackmon, this is the deepest WR draft in the history of the NFL.. a little bit too much talent. Draft Khalil. Bring in a FA like Jackson or Colston if possible. Sign a CB like Finnegan or Routt

in the 2nd round we have a TON of options at WR if we draft Khalil!

Tommy Streeter
    Mo Sanu
    Ashlon Jefferies
    Justin Criun
    Stephen Hill
    Rueben Randle

I want ashlon Jefferies, but any of these other guys will do.. and they are all 6'3 - 6'4 big frame guys that we need.. we could pick a WR in the second and the Third if we dont get any in FA.. This FA/Draft is TOO deep for the vikings to fail, and not be competitive in 2012

2012_WR NFL Draft Prospects - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    After doing some research my picks for the first 3 rounds are

1. Matt Khalil, OT
    2. Ashlon Jefferies, WR
    3. LaMichael James, RB

You build your team through the draft, but this year is the year to build your OFFENSE through the draft.. This is an passing league, and we need to improve our passing game. Khalil protects ponder, Ashlon Jefferies has the potential to surpass Sid Rice. and LaMichael James is a Reggie Bush type change of pace 3rd down back. YES we have Toby Gerhart, but Toby Gerhart is a downhill 3 and 1 4 n 1 or AD replacement runningback. We need a threat from the RB position in the passing game, and with ADs poor hands/blocking/WR skills.. LaMichael James makes us super dangerous! And it keeps percy from playing RB, and LaMichael James takes over all of percy harvins other duties, so percy can focus on being a WR only.

Mpalac4 is offline Training Camp
    I like Khalil in the first and if we are lucky than I would with out a doubt take Stephen Hill in the second. If we miss on Hill (which we probably will) I REALLY would like Harrison Smith. He has the Potential to be a GREAT safety in the NFL. He is a better prospect than Barron in my mind. He very rarely gets fooled like Barron and has better ball skills. He also is a great aid in the run game. Our Safeties are weaker than our CBs. If we get cook back or sign a corner in free agency (Carr) then Smith would be a perfect fit. We also have 10 draft picks so I could see us combining a couple to get additional second rounders.
    None

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I don't like Lamichael James. Dude's a fast kid, but he's not very sturdy, and has a dislocating elbow. I don't think he'll hold up in the NFL as a RB.

If he's there in the late 4th, I'd say maybe give it a try, but in the third there's stil alot of talent left to go for.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    I don't like Lamichael James. Dude's a fast kid, but he's not very sturdy, and has a dislocating elbow. I don't think he'll hold up in the NFL as a RB.

If he's there in the late 4th, I'd say maybe give it a try, but in the third there's stil alot of talent left to go for.
    You're crazy! Dude is going to be a stud.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    You're crazy! Dude is going to be a stud.
    If he can't stay on the field in the college ranks, how is he possibly going to hold up in the NFL? Teams will be gunning for that elbow, not necessarily to injure, but they know that's a weak spot, a well placed hit can cause a fumble.

I'm thinking Michael Bennett, but even more injury prone.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Lots to like, id go CB in the 2nd and see if we can get AJ Jenkins from Illinois in the third.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    I'd skip the Lamichael James pick. We already have a player like that in Percy Harvin. Why would we want to take touches away from Percy? I really like the way we are mixing it up with Harvin.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    where's the CB's??... You forget we are relying on Spielman... I'm sure he'll find some way to mess this up outside of the first round....

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    All this LT and WR talk and nobody thinks we need a CB? Sheesh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast