Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I think we should draft Richardson from Alabama since we are building a run first team and don't know how Peterson is going to come out of his rehab. Even if he does come back 100% we would have the most kick ass backfield in the league.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    I wonder what Holmgren thinks about RGIII? I would imagine that he makes the decisions on players over there in Cleveland. I believe we will get the most action from Washington as they will be scared Cleveland is targeting RGIII. I am praying that Snyder falls in love with him during the combines and offers the deal of the century.

Either way we are sitting pretty at where we are at.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    I can't possibly see the Rams using their pick instead of trading it. I realize everything will change after the combine and pro days, but at this point, there is no reason for the Rams to stay there when they could drop back 2 spaces and pick up another 1st rounder. Cleveland to us would not net another first, but it would pick up a great second, and we may have to make up the difference in later rounds, but again, St. Louis is in the drivers seat. They will dictate whether we will be able to make a trade, and it aint lookin good that way. The positive side of that is we still get Kalil.
    Last edited by marshallvike; 01-29-2012 at 02:37 PM.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I can't possibly see the Rams using their pick instead of trading it. I realize everything will change after the combine and pro days, but at this point, there is no reason for the Rams to stay there when they could drop back 2 spaces and pick up another 1st rounder. Cleveland to us would not net another first, but it would pick up a great second, and we may have to make up the difference in later rounds, but again, St. Louis is in the drivers seat. They will dictate whether we will be able to make a trade, and it aint lookin good that way. The positive side of that is we still get Kalil.
    Like you said, it will depend on the cost of working with St. Louis vs. MN. That goes for both Washington and Cleveland. St. Louis may just be coveting a guy like Blackmon and may be concerned MN picks him up if they pass on it. Lot of ways this could go.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Like you said, it will depend on the cost of working with St. Louis vs. MN. That goes for both Washington and Cleveland. St. Louis may just be coveting a guy like Blackmon and may be concerned MN picks him up if they pass on it. Lot of ways this could go.
    That is a salient point as to our leverage. Working with MN will costs teams less in the sense of draft value. The new rookie wage scale is less prohibitive from a dollars perspective in paying someone out of the 2slot as opposed to the 3slot.

I have said all along, the Rams will dictate how the draft will go. This is one of the most intriguing drafts in a long time (at least for me because the Vikings are actually in the mix).

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    The more I look at the draft class, the more I think that the Vikings will not trade their pick. They are guaranteed to have Kalil or Blackmon (or both) available no matter what happens. Both address a major need. I would prefer Kalil, but would be happy either way.

I realize we have a LOT of holes to fill, but I also realize that we are going to have a minimum of 6 picks in the first four rounds (comp picks for Rice and Edwards). And we have an extra 7th rounder from NE, which could be bundled to trade up. So we have a lot of holes, and we have a lot of picks.

I see us making a strong push in FA for at least one skill player, and pulling in some talent in the draft. We are going to be a young team, but this is a good thing too...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    That's how I see it too, and really a pretty good scenario for the Vikings. Kalil is the 2nd highest rated player in the draft as of now.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Shooter Now: Expect Vikings to trade No. 3 pick in NFL draft

There seems little doubt the Vikings will trade down with their No. 3 overall pick for additional picks in April's NFL draft.

That's the team's only conceivable way to improve sooner than later because it doesn't appear to have enough money to spend on established players through free agency.
    Shooter Now: Expect Vikings to trade No. 3 pick in NFL draft - TwinCities.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Shooter Now: Expect Vikings to trade No. 3 pick in NFL draft

Shooter Now: Expect Vikings to trade No. 3 pick in NFL draft - TwinCities.com
    That was a pretty empty statement by ShootMeNow. I would say I was pretty disappointed when I clicked on the link until I read where Kevin Love is the nephew of Beach Boy's Mike Love....at least his wife Jackie.

Jarlvik is offline Rookie
    Many more options!
    I love this time of year with all the speculation. The fun is in thinking that, for a couple months, anything is possible. A great time for fantasizing.
    I think most of us feel that Bleacher report is usually out of touch with reality, as are many of the "Draftniks" out there.
    I did find this one from the Daily Norseman fun and food for thought. www.dailynorseman.com/2012/2/14/2799024/vikings-offseason-plan-5-0-mockzilla?ref=yahoo It points out a crazy number of possibilities and shows that some think outside the box and well beyond Luck, Kalil, and RG3 as the only possible choices with enough value to help a team, especially one like the Vikings with so many needs.
    I'm pretty sure ESPN and the NFL Network won't turn off their cameras and go home after those three guys are gone.
    None

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123