Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Stick With #3 or Trade It? Good Article

OK, PP.O, which scenario, if any here, do you like, dislike, prefer? Interesting article from Bleacher Report.

Minnesota Vikings: 5 Trade Offers the Vikes Should Listen to for the No. 3 Pick

Rick Spielman better invest in some Q-Tips to make damn sure his ears are clear when listening to teams about the potential trading of the No. 3 pick in this year’s draft.

Why?

Minnesota Vikings: 5 Trade Offers the Vikes Should Listen to for the No. 3 Pick | Bleacher Report

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    I stopped reading when it said the Rams won't be trading the 2nd spot and Blackmon. No way Blackmon goes number 2. I doubt in the top5.

TNViking is offline Starter
    That all depends on the trade, doesn't it?

These scenarios are a bit far fetched. He doesn't like Kalil for some reason. Says the Rams won't take him. I mean he thinks Kalil will fall to 7? No way! That eliminates most of his ideas.

If we can get Kalil, take him unless someone offers the moon. Otherwise trade to CLE for their two 1st rounders.

But if Miami wants to deal for their pick (#9) and CB Vonte Davis, I'd listen. Especially if Kalil's gone.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    I stopped reading when it said the Rams won't be trading the 2nd spot and Blackmon. No way Blackmon goes number 2. I doubt in the top5.
    I didn't even start reading when I saw it said Bleacher Report.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I lied... started reading. This is exactly why the Bleacher is a joke:

The Vikings would drop down to No. 6 and fall behind the Browns and Tampa Bay Buccaneers—two teams who already have pro-bowl LTs on their roster, leaving Matt Kalil still on the board for them to take.
    Umm... Kalil at 6? Don't think so. Outside of Luck, he's regarded as the best player and the best shot at a sure thing. Not a chance he falls to 6. If he's there past 4, someone will trade up for him.

If this dream scenario plays out, the Vikes would only have to slide down one spot, pick up another first-round pick and still end up with Matt Kalil.
    He's dead set on Kalil not going to the Rams. Question: Bradford obviously has talent, but what held him back this year? Injuries. Give the kid some protection, so he doesn't have to worry about a DE coming off the blind side and he'll make things happen.

We've watched 3 good QB's get absolutely pummelled in STL, Warner, Bulger and now Bradford. I can't see the Rams leaving him on the board.

Ryan Kalil could still slide down to No. 9,
    /facepalm

only if the St. Louis Rams happen to pass on Justin Blackmon—.....
    Falling back to the seventh pick would still allow for the Vikes to possibly land Matt Kalil,
    I was promised that this was a good article?

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Well the question is going to be how much the Vikes covet Kalil, if they do then take him at #3 and be done with it. If not then see if other teams think they do and see what they will offer.
    If we can convince others to make the trade then we can drop down, get extra picks and get a good LT as opposed to an elite LT - which it seems that Kalil will be. Least in that way we can build the team on good players as opposed to trying to do it with only a couple of elite players and the the balance with later round reaches.

As for saying that it would be impossible to screw it up.. nothing is impossible so don't tempt fate and think that can't happen.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    I lied... started reading. This is exactly why the Bleacher is a joke:

Umm... Kalil at 6? Don't think so. Outside of Luck, he's regarded as the best player and the best shot at a sure thing. Not a chance he falls to 6. If he's there past 4, someone will trade up for him.

He's dead set on Kalil not going to the Rams. Question: Bradford obviously has talent, but what held him back this year? Injuries. Give the kid some protection, so he doesn't have to worry about a DE coming off the blind side and he'll make things happen.

We've watched 3 good QB's get absolutely pummelled in STL, Warner, Bulger and now Bradford. I can't see the Rams leaving him on the board.

/facepalm

I was promised that this was a good article?
    Good grief IBP...it is an article of potential scenarios. There are a million of them at this point...these are merely six. Just put it out there more as a spark to see what people think...not for a critique of Bleacher Report...

So, if the Rams take Kalil, what say you?

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Aside from all you guys points.... which are valid... These scenarios are still only valid assuming we get the trade card signed and approved on time!!!... Hence, K.Williams, and McKinnie gafs in years past... Didn't it also happen with Baltimore a few years ago as well??

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer
    Peters and Saffold (1st and 2nd round OT picks) have underwhelmed in St Louis getting Bradford knocked out for multiple games. I give them a 95% chance they pull the trigger on Kalil.

One thing is intreguing though: Draft history of Fisher.

Fisher Draft History

Now, I do not recall the power structure in Tennesee. I do know that Fisher was influential in the personnel decision process. Let's assume he was pulling the strings.

The highest Fisher ever drafted a tackle was in the second round. Their current starters were drafted in 2005 Roos (LOT) and Stewart (ROT).

RD SEL # PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL
    2 41 Michael Roos T Eastern Washington
    4 113 David Stewart T Mississippi State

Their back up Tackle for both positions was drafted in 2007 in the 7th Round.

7 223 Michael Otto OT Purdue

Even John Runyon, drafted in 1996, was drafted in the 4th round.

However Fisher has selected WR's fairly early:
    2010 - Tennessee Titans
    3 77 Damian Williams WR USC (no second round pick that year)

2009 - Tennessee Titans
    1 30 Kenny Britt WR Rutgers

2007 - Tennessee Titans
    3 80 Paul Williams WR Fresno State

2005 - Tennessee Titans
    3 68 Courtney Roby WR Indiana
    3 96 Brandon Jones WR Oklahoma

2003 - Tennessee Titans
    2 60 Tyrone Calico WR Middle Tennessee State

1998 - Tennessee Oilers
    1 16 Kevin Dyson WR Utah

1997 - Tennessee Oilers
    2 46 Joey Kent WR Tennessee

1995 - Houston Oilers
    3 67 Chris Sanders WR Ohio State

(Derrick Mason was a 4th rounder in 97).

So while I think its a no brainer for them to take Kalil at #2, its not too far fetched to think he would take Blackmon. He seems to have had success taking lineman in later rounds and putting quality on the field. The fact is he has never taken an OL in the first round.

1 16 Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech
    1 30 Kenny Britt WR Rutgers
    1 24 Chris Johnson RB East Carolina
    1 19 Michael Griffin FS Texas
    1 3 Vince Young QB Texas
    1 6 Pacman Jones CB West Virginia
    1 28 Andre Woolfolk CB Oklahoma
    1 15 Albert Haynesworth DT Tennessee
    1 30 Keith Bulluck LB Syracuse
    1 16 Jevon Kearse DE Florida
    1 16 Kevin Dyson WR Utah
    1 18 Kenny Holmes DE Miami (Fla.)
    1 14 Eddie George RB Ohio State
    1 3 Steve McNair QB Alcorn State

Like I said before a lot hinges on what St Louis does at #2. I don't think anything will bear out as crazy as some of these article's claim, but Kalil at 2 might not be as much of a slam dunk as I previously thought.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    I don't think Fischer had much to do with the draft in Tennesee. He made it well known that Vince Young was not the player he wanted drafted by the team that year, but they drafted him anyway. You don't need much more proof than that.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast