Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Dolphins would be retarded to trade with the Vikings to draft Tannelhill, Tannehill is not worth the overall #3 but if they trade up to get Justin Blackmon then it is a smart move for them

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Hey Morris, welcome! Introduce yourself in the Free Beer forum!

If we swap, what more do we get!

YouthVikesFan is offline Training Camp
    Boy would I love to swap picks with the dolphins. For one we can still land one of the top 2 players of our biggest needs (kalil or riley, blackmon or floyd) I really dont think you can go wrong with either one. I also think tannehill will be a huge bust which mean we get a top 10 pick from the dolphins next year and maybe the year after that, not sure what it will take for them to jump up at #3.

Make the trade vikings!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by YouthVikesFan View Post
    Boy would I love to swap picks with the dolphins. For one we can still land one of the top 2 players of our biggest needs (kalil or riley, blackmon or floyd) I really dont think you can go wrong with either one. I also think tannehill will be a huge bust which mean we get a top 10 pick from the dolphins next year and maybe the year after that, not sure what it will take for them to jump up at #3.

Make the trade vikings!
    I don't think we would be getting their first rounder next year as well as the following year. They would at most trade up and give us their first this year and second this year and that is unlikely.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    I don't think we would be getting their first rounder next year as well as the following year. They would at most trade up and give us their first this year and second this year and that is unlikely.
    Our 1st for the Dolphins's 1st and 2nd this year? That is actually a pretty good deal for the Dolphins. I could even see it being our first for their 1st, 2nd and 4th to be honest.

Now that the CBA has rookie contracts a LITTLE more under control, the value of top 10 draft picks has gone back up in theory. This is the first year to put that to the test, but we have already seen evidence of it with the Redskins/Rams trade.

I would also like to see a trade, but I won't be disappointed if we don't get one. Regardless, I also hope we package some of our later picks to get at least one more pick in the first three rounds.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Our 1st for the Dolphins's 1st and 2nd this year? That is actually a pretty good deal for the Dolphins. I could even see it being our first for their 1st, 2nd and 4th to be honest.

Now that the CBA has rookie contracts a LITTLE more under control, the value of top 10 draft picks has gone back up in theory. This is the first year to put that to the test, but we have already seen evidence of it with the Redskins/Rams trade.

I would also like to see a trade, but I won't be disappointed if we don't get one. Regardless, I also hope we package some of our later picks to get at least one more pick in the first three rounds.
    Good point Nodak, I just don't think the dolphins are going to go for that. I would jump all over your scenario if the option was there for the vikes but I just don't see it happening.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    Good point Nodak, I just don't think the dolphins are going to go for that. I would jump all over your scenario if the option was there for the vikes but I just don't see it happening.
    Personally I don't see it happening either. Not for Tannehill. My gut says that we will stay put and draft Kalil or Blackmon. I know that Blackmon would be a surprise pick, but if we can take Blackmon with the #3 and then trade back up into the second half of the 1st to grab Reiff, that would be my ideal scenario. But I also wouldn't be upset in any way if we end up taking Kalil like everyone is predicting.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Personally I don't see it happening either. Not for Tannehill. My gut says that we will stay put and draft Kalil or Blackmon. I know that Blackmon would be a surprise pick, but if we can take Blackmon with the #3 and then trade back up into the second half of the 1st to grab Reiff, that would be my ideal scenario. But I also wouldn't be upset in any way if we end up taking Kalil like everyone is predicting.

Absolutely, that would be perfect!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    that scenario would take a slew of picks.... not to mention we'd have to trade back into the to 12 possibly top 10 to nab Reiff... so it won't be worth it...

Better scenario would be to draft khalil and take a randal, hill, or toon later on...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast