Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    In a surprise move by Spielman the Vikings take an unknown with their 3rd draft pick. Spielman was quoted as saying "It might have been a bit of a reach at #3 but we are being patient and building for the future. ".

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-con...g-football.gif
    Last edited by RK.; 04-04-2012 at 01:38 PM.

WWBGD

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Claiborne.

His stock is rising every day.
    Did he marry your niece or something?
    You seem to be working harder to get him a fat paycheck than his agent.
    Last edited by marshallvike; 04-04-2012 at 04:06 PM.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    In a surprise move by Spielman the Vikings take an unknown with their 3rd draft pick. Spielman was quoted as saying "It might have been a bit of a reach at #3 but we are being patient and building for the future. ".

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-con...g-football.gif
    I think we can get him in the third... but then again, Cook and TJ were supposed to go in the 6th and 7th, so reaching at 3 for this guy would make sense for us..

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Did he marry your niece or something?
    You seem to be working harder to get him a fat paycheck than his agent.

No. In fact it doesn't matter much to me which of the three they take or if they trade but it apparently gets lots of panties in a bunch if you don't buy into the RK hype so I just go there.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    With Chris Carr coming here along with Cook being back on the team, us signing Bowman, still having Asher Allen and Winfield around, i think it is becoming much less likely that we pick Claiborne..

I really hope we take Kalil because we need him and he is going to be a beast.. Lets do this!

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I see this kind of stat brought up every year by damn near every team.

It is actually a poor indicator of how close a team is because it is completely contextless, and stats without context are worthless. Many of those games, especially in the first half of the season, were free falls in the second half. We were in some games more because of other teams mistakes than anything special we did.
    I agree Nodak... I have no idea why ppl keep saying that... it makes no sense.. We lost 9 games by 7 points... and we got blown out by 40 points in like 3 games... Half of those close games we lost we were getting blowed out in the first half when teams just wanted to run the clock out...

We are a LONG way away...

Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    With Chris Carr coming here along with Cook being back on the team, us signing Bowman, still having Asher Allen and Winfield around, i think it is becoming much less likely that we pick Claiborne..

I really hope we take Kalil because we need him and he is going to be a beast.. Lets do this!
    Plus we gave up the fifth most sacks last year.... with mobile QB's.... unacceptable... take Khalil
    Last edited by bleedpurple; 04-05-2012 at 10:37 AM.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    I agree Nodak... I have no idea why ppl keep saying that... it makes no sense.. We lost 9 games by 7 points... and we got blown out by 40 points in like 3 games... Half of those close games we lost we were getting blowed out in the first half when teams just wanted to run the clock out...
    And we don't hear, "Last year we won 1 game by more than 7 points."

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Spielman: Vikings might trade No. 3 pick, even at the last minute

NFL.com news: Spielman: Vikings might trade No. 3 pick, even at the last minute

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Spielman: Vikings might trade No. 3 pick, even at the last minute

NFL.com news: Spielman: Vikings might trade No. 3 pick, even at the last minute

well scarcely a revelation, any team can consider a trade at any time - thats the nature of the beast.

Bottom line is that whatver the Vikes do or don't do in terms of a trade or who they pick/don't pick - then someone on this board is going to be bitching and moaning from now until next years draft
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    well scarcely a revelation, any team can consider a trade at any time - thats the nature of the beast.

Bottom line is that whatver the Vikes do or don't do in terms of a trade or who they pick/don't pick - then someone on this board is going to be bitching and moaning from now until next years draft
    Only until next year?

Hell, there are those that are still bitching about draft picks we made over 5 years ago that are no longer on the team.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast