Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    With all this being said, what would it take for you to be comfortable trading down with Miami? IMHO it would take quite a bit, as we would lose out Kalil, Claiborne, and Blackmon. We could get Reiff still (which would make Marrdro happy ) but that is still a pretty significant drop.

Maybe if we got Miami's 1st and 2nd this year and their 1st next year? Would that be enough? Part of me says hell no... but the other part of me would love to have the extra high round picks this year and next...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowingMyHorns View Post
    Haha, a short pier may not hold his fat ass
    LMAO
    I used to call Mckinnie a FLAT ASS. Fat Lazy Ass Tackle & ASS.

CPonderFan is offline Rookie
    I keep hearing everyone say that if we pass up Kalil or trade our #3 pick that we could be passing up on the next Joe Thomas or Jake Long...So with that being said what kind of impact have those players made on their respective teams?? Has either team been in the playoffs consistantly since they joined their respective teams?

Honestly I think we can get by with a decent OT, more weapons on Offense. If you have enough weapons they have to cover them or give us a open man. If they choose to cover then they switch to a 3 man rush or give up deep help. if they decide to cover then Adrian and crew run the hell out of the ball!!! I honestly think that dropping down out of the 3rd and picking up Reiff in the 1st, with a 2nd this year from Miami - Draft a WR and CB in the 2nd. Would be the best senario. I wouldnt even be mad if we made a bold move and took 2 WRs with our first two picks and then focused on defense! That sure does take care of alot of our problems in one move. Kalil will be great, but you only need great if you have no options. Hes not a great run blocker, so if we are passing then why not just focus on getting more weapons to get rid of the ball quicker? Percy needs help. Ponder can make the reads. He just needs play makers.

My two cents
    None

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    With all this being said, what would it take for you to be comfortable trading down with Miami? IMHO it would take quite a bit, as we would lose out Kalil, Claiborne, and Blackmon. We could get Reiff still (which would make Marrdro happy ) but that is still a pretty significant drop.

Maybe if we got Miami's 1st and 2nd this year and their 1st next year? Would that be enough? Part of me says hell no... but the other part of me would love to have the extra high round picks this year and next...
    2 firsts and a second sounds about right.
    In other words, not going to happen.
    And cleveland could have used their 2 first to move up for RG3, and did not. No way do they move up for Tannenhille.

CPonderFan is offline Rookie
    I dont agree. Look at the moves Miami has made over the last few seasons. i see Miami being desperate for a franchise QB, especially after losing the "Manning Sweepstakes" their fans need something other than David Garrard to cheer about in Miami. Is #3 too high for Tannehille? Absolutely....Were there any QBs drafted last season way earlier than they were projected to be drafted? Hmmmm...Yeah! I think they will make the move to prevent the possability of clevland taking Tannenhille.
    None

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    Stay put and draft Matt kalil. There is no reason to not take the gift that is given to you.
    It is attitudes like that which keep VD so popular

I don't understand how anyone would want to trade back and draft a left tackle that is more of a run blocker than a pass blocker. It makes no sense after watching our quarterbacks get killed two years in a row.
    Could it be because we are a run first team built around a RB and Kalil is not that great at run blocking, which is said to be the focus of this offense?

But for some reason I have this bad feeling the Vikes will be stupid and we will lose out on the best tackle in the draft.
    And in a few years you would realize it was the best thing that happened to the team.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CPonderFan View Post
    I keep hearing everyone say that if we pass up Kalil or trade our #3 pick that we could be passing up on the next Joe Thomas or Jake Long...So with that being said what kind of impact have those players made on their respective teams?? Has either team been in the playoffs consistantly since they joined their respective teams?

Honestly I think we can get by with a decent OT, more weapons on Offense. If you have enough weapons they have to cover them or give us a open man. If they choose to cover then they switch to a 3 man rush or give up deep help. if they decide to cover then Adrian and crew run the hell out of the ball!!! I honestly think that dropping down out of the 3rd and picking up Reiff in the 1st, with a 2nd this year from Miami - Draft a WR and CB in the 2nd. Would be the best senario. I wouldnt even be mad if we made a bold move and took 2 WRs with our first two picks and then focused on defense! That sure does take care of alot of our problems in one move. Kalil will be great, but you only need great if you have no options. Hes not a great run blocker, so if we are passing then why not just focus on getting more weapons to get rid of the ball quicker? Percy needs help. Ponder can make the reads. He just needs play makers.

My two cents
    A very wise post. You need to be on here more often.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    With all this being said, what would it take for you to be comfortable trading down with Miami? IMHO it would take quite a bit, as we would lose out Kalil, Claiborne, and Blackmon. We could get Reiff still (which would make Marrdro happy

) but that is still a pretty significant drop.

Rather than Reiff I would look at trying to target Martin from Stanford and if we could get kirkpatrick as well then it would be well worth it IMHO.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    It is attitudes like that which keep VD so popular

Could it be because we are a run first team built around a RB and Kalil is not that great at run blocking, which is said to be the focus of this offense?

And in a few years you would realize it was the best thing that happened to the team.
    You sound like an old coach we used to have here. Run Run Run. Have you not realized that the league has made a dramatic shift to passing? I understand your point on Claiborne but it does not make sense to settle for a run blocker when our quarterback is getting killed game in and game out.

If the team goes your route and passes up on Kalil you and everyone else will see how big of a mistake it was to continue to let Ponder get his ass handed to him.

When has a coach said we are a run first team? Or are you just making shit up? I have not heard any coach on this team say we are a run first team this coming season.

Stay put and draft Kalil. We could always trade back up to grab kirkpatrick if he falls a bit, personally I would prefer a taller corner like Kirkpatrick over Claiborne.

I pray that somehow we land Kalil, Kirkpatrick and Hill for our first three picks.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    I pray that somehow we land Kalil, Kirkpatrick and Hill for our first three picks.
    If we managed Kalil and Kirkpatrick in our first two, I would probably need a towel afterwards...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast