Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Why? If it means you can add 2 first round picks this year instead of just one I think you do it. Especially if you stay in area that means you can get Reiff.
    Reiff isn't the player that Kalil is. We would have to end up with two top half first round picks for that scenario to be worth it.

I realize that we have a lot of needs, but getting Kalil with the 3rd pick is a gift. It doesn't get much better than that.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Reiff isn't the player that Kalil is. We would have to end up with two top half first round picks for that scenario to be worth it.

I realize that we have a lot of needs, but getting Kalil with the 3rd pick is a gift. It doesn't get much better than that.
    Again, I agree and would be ecstatic to land Kalil. I'm just saying that if we move down I wouldn't be to apposed to it.

On a side note, Mayock, who I respect more than anyone (save the Ourlads crew) has dropped Reiff a bit since he had him ranked ahead of Kalil but still has him as a instant starter and you know me and my opinion on the OL. "It could be made of of HOF'rs, but if the QB doesn't have any WR's to throw the ball to, they will still look like crap."

Mayock's grief with Reiff's top 10 projected value

Alot of our issues last year on the OL weren't OL issues. They were issues related to poor blocking by TE's, RB's and a inability by our WR's to support route tree's in the 3 and 5 step throws which are the staple of the WCO.

On a side note, How have you been? Well I hope.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Again, I agree and would be ecstatic to land Kalil. I'm just saying that if we move down I wouldn't be to apposed to it.

On a side note, Mayock, who I respect more than anyone (save the Ourlads crew) has dropped Reiff a bit since he had him ranked ahead of Kalil but still has him as a instant starter and you know me and my opinion on the OL. "It could be made of of HOF'rs, but if the QB doesn't have any WR's to throw the ball to, they will still look like crap."

Mayock's grief with Reiff's top 10 projected value

Alot of our issues last year on the OL weren't OL issues. They were issues related to poor blocking by TE's, RB's and a inability by our WR's to support route tree's in the 3 and 5 step throws which are the staple of the WCO.

On a side note, How have you been? Well I hope.
    I would be opposed to trading down. Kalil is considered to be a stand out LT for years to come. Take him, move Charlie in to guard, and move on to the next position that needs filling. What I hope Spielman understands is, this is not a one year rebuild. Amassing extra (less valuable) picks at the cost of better prospects will likely just give you less talent. There are plenty of good players at some of the positions we need to upgrade to stick with what we have in this years picks. Next year we address more of our need positions. Hopefully, next year we are in a better cap position to be able to utilize FA also. Please do not think that if we have enough draft picks this year, we will be at the top of the division next year. Be patient and hope they draft and develope players who will get us a step closer, and next year, we take another step towards the top. "Win now" is what eventually put us at 3-13. Let's hope the FO does it right this time.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Don't get me wrong my friend. I want them to take that LT more than anything. All I'm saying is there are other options and we shouldn't all start jumping off of bridges if we don't take him.

I am still 100% convinced that even though the OL is important, we can fix alot of our "Blocking" issues by just adding a couple of good WR's, that would allow Ponder more options/targets when it comes to getting it out on a 3 or 5 step drop.

Percy is great, but he can't do it alone. Adding a Blackmon and a vet WR like Garcon automatically makes your OL better without even adding a OLmen.
    Blackmon sounds like a great pick because he is the projected number one receiver in the draft. Fact is he is only 6'1" 215 pounds and personally I see him being a slot receiver which we already have in Percy. So it seems a waste to draft him in my opinion.

Matt Kalil is the best option for our Vikings and we would be stupid to draft anyone else.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I would either trade down and make it work to get Martin plus a CB/WR later in the first or take Claiborne at 3.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    I really really think we need to stay at 3 and take Kalil, unless we get offered some crazy deal like the Rams did.. But we need Kalil..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Interest in the Vikings' No. 3 overall spot

Interest in the Vikings' No. 3 overall spot - NFC North Blog - ESPN

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    swap with the Do-Do Browns, and get their 22nd Draft pick!

4th - Matt Kalil

22nd - Janoris Jenkins

2nd Round - Ashlon Jeffery

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post

4th - Matt Kalil

22nd - Janoris Jenkins

Hard to imagine the Browns giving up a 1st round pick to move up one spot. I would be happy if we were able to trade or #3 and #35 for their #4 and #22.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post

4th - Matt Kalil

22nd - Janoris Jenkins

Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Hard to imagine the Browns giving up a 1st round pick to move up one spot. I would be happy if we were able to trade or #3 and #35 for their #4 and #22.
    I agree with you, but it all depends on how much we can convince them that someone else is willing to move up and get their coveted player.

I could see a #3 and #35 for their #4 and #22. I could also see our #3 for their #4 and their #37. Both would make me pretty damn happy.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast