Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Agree with me or not, he has two line positions to address. LT and DT. He could move down and address both by taking Reilly Reiff (as the mountain man says) and then use a couple of his newly acquired picks to move back into the first to get a Ta'amu or Brockers and still get a good WR in the second.

Problem is, no one wants to move up to 3 anymore now that the Rams are openly shopping their pick. Only way RGIII doesn't go 2 is if their asking price is to high and all the teams that are thinking about it fix their QB problems with Peyton and Flynn.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Agree with me or not, he has two line positions to address. LT and DT. He could move down and address both by taking Reilly Reiff (as the mountain man says) and then use a couple of his newly acquired picks to move back into the first to get a Ta'amu or Brockers and still get a good WR in the second.

Problem is, no one wants to move up to 3 anymore now that the Rams are openly shopping their pick. Only way RGIII doesn't go 2 is if their asking price is to high and all the teams that are thinking about it fix their QB problems with Peyton and Flynn.
    There is no way we should move back into round 1 for Ta'amu. He couldn't run to the sidelines if a hoagie was on the line. He is almost useless in 4-3, he will take up blocks but he doesn't get much of push and has no pursuit. If we are going back into round 1 we need to get Dontari Poe. He showed he could be a monster in the NFL. He has great movement and he has great strength at the point of attack. If I was going to move back into round 1 he is the only DT (other than Brockers but I don't think we could move up high enough to get him) I would use that pick on.

I would say take a chance on him in round 3 or 4.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    There is no way we should move back into round 1 for Ta'amu. He couldn't run to the sidelines if a hoagie was on the line. He is almost useless in 4-3, he will take up blocks but he doesn't get much of push and has no pursuit. If we are going back into round 1 we need to get Dontari Poe. He showed he could be a monster in the NFL. He has great movement and he has great strength at the point of attack. If I was going to move back into round 1 he is the only DT (other than Brockers but I don't think we could move up high enough to get him) I would use that pick on.

I would say take a chance on him in round 3 or 4.
    You might be right that getting back into the first for Ta'amu is a bit high, but Poe won't get past Carolina unless they like Brockers more. Don't forget, they drafted 2 DT's last year that were busts and really need help up the middle.

The next team inline for one of these 2 is possibly TN or even the Bengals after them. Poe or Brockers (whoever is left) will go there.

On a side note, not sure why you have Ta'amu rated so low. I watched him in the Senior Bowl and he did exactly what you said he can't do.

On one play he took 2 OLmen straight back to the QB and sacked him. On a another he broke the double and almost ran the QB down.

The only hack on him that I've read is he has short arms and hasn't really developed anything other than a bull rush and is just starting to use a swim move.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Stay put and draft Matt kalil. There is no reason to not take the gift that is given to you.

I don't understand how anyone would want to trade back and draft a left tackle that is more of a run blocker than a pass blocker. It makes no sense after watching our quarterbacks get killed two years in a row.

But for some reason I have this bad feeling the Vikes will be stupid and we will lose out on the best tackle in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    Stay put and draft Matt kalil. There is no reason to not take the gift that is given to you.

I don't understand how anyone would want to trade back and draft a left tackle that is more of a run blocker than a pass blocker. It makes no sense after watching our quarterbacks get killed two years in a row.

But for some reason I have this bad feeling the Vikes will be stupid and we will lose out on the best tackle in the draft.
    Although I agree with you my friend, I also wouldn't be to suprised to see them either trade out a couple of spots or possibly even take Blackmon.

Let me throw a couple of scenario's at you to see what you think........

Using the following as a starting point.... Luck and RGIII are gone. That leaves Kahlil, Blackmon, Clairborne, Richardson, Reif, Coples, Tannehill on the board at 3.

I've heard alot of talk about Coples as the next stud that people will want to trade for and the teams that want him are Bucs, Jags, Pathers, Bills. If the Bucs want to move up to 3 to get him preventing one of the lower teams (Jags, Pathers, Bills) from coming up and getting him would you do it if the draft followed this way?

Browns don't need a LT, they would go after the top WR so that Flynn will have another prime target so both Kahlil and Reif would still be there.

Heck, we could even think about trading down again if someone wanted to go after Tannehill. Wildcard in that one is do the Browns land Flynn? If they don't, do they take Tannehill at 4? Lets, for this drill say that they go with Blackmon at 4 and the Phins don't land Manning and look to go after Tannehill.

IMHO, Reiff wouldn't be a bad selection there. One could also look at Poe or Brockers at DT, Floyd at WR, Kirkpatrick at CB or even a Kuechly to QB our defense for a heck of alot of years, not to mention that you would have picked up several other picks by making one or both of those trades and could afford to move back into not only the bottom of the first, but the second round as well to add two more 2nd rounders and 2 more 3rd rounders.

1. Colts - Luck
    2. Readskins - RGIII
    3. Bucs - Coples
    4. Browns - Blackmon
    5. Phins - Tannehill
    6. Rams - Hahlil
    7. Jags - Clairborne
    8. Vikes - Reiff

Last edited by Marrdro; 03-03-2012 at 02:57 AM.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    If Kalil is there at 3, and we trade.. I officially give up with this FO.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Although I agree with you my friend, I also wouldn't be to suprised to see them either trade out a couple of spots or possibly even take Blackmon.

Let me throw a couple of scenario's at you to see what you think........

Using the following as a starting point.... Luck and RGIII are gone. That leaves Kahlil, Blackmon, Clairborne, Richardson, Reif, Coples, Tannehill on the board at 3.

I've heard alot of talk about Coples as the next stud that people will want to trade for and the teams that want him are Bucs, Jags, Pathers, Bills. If the Bucs want to move up to 3 to get him preventing one of the lower teams (Jags, Pathers, Bills) from coming up and getting him would you do it if the draft followed this way?

Browns don't need a LT, they would go after the top WR so that Flynn will have another prime target so both Kahlil and Reif would still be there.

Heck, we could even think about trading down again if someone wanted to go after Tannehill. Wildcard in that one is do the Browns land Flynn? If they don't, do they take Tannehill at 4? Lets, for this drill say that they go with Blackmon at 4 and the Phins don't land Manning and look to go after Tannehill.

IMHO, Reiff wouldn't be a bad selection there. One could also look at Poe or Brockers at DT, Floyd at WR, Kirkpatrick at CB or even a Kuechly to QB our defense for a heck of alot of years, not to mention that you would have picked up several other picks by making one or both of those trades and could afford to move back into not only the bottom of the first, but the second round as well to add two more 2nd rounders and 2 more 3rd rounders.

1. Colts - Luck
    2. Readskins - RGIII
    3. Bucs - Coples
    4. Browns - Blackmon
    5. Phins - Tannehill
    6. Rams - Hahlil
    7. Jags - Clairborne
    8. Vikes - Reiff

I see what you are saying. It wouldnt be the end of the world to trade back and draft another player but it just seems silly to pass up on perhaps the next Joe Thomas or Jake Long. Who knows if Kalil will turn out to be one of the best left tackles but I would take my chances. After watching him at the combines and listening to him talk he will be a monster in the NFL. A monster I would love to see protect Ponder's blind side for years to come.

A left tackle isnt a sexy pick but its a pick you just have to take, just like Cleveland did with Thomas and the Dolphins did with Long.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    I hope we don't screw this up. Kalil should be the pick. We have to protect our QB and haven't been able to for quite a while. Take Kalil he can run and pass block. We need both of those skills for Ponder to have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    I see what you are saying. It wouldnt be the end of the world to trade back and draft another player but it just seems silly to pass up on perhaps the next Joe Thomas or Jake Long. Who knows if Kalil will turn out to be one of the best left tackles but I would take my chances. After watching him at the combines and listening to him talk he will be a monster in the NFL. A monster I would love to see protect Ponder's blind side for years to come.

A left tackle isnt a sexy pick but its a pick you just have to take, just like Cleveland did with Thomas and the Dolphins did with Long.
    Don't get me wrong my friend. I want them to take that LT more than anything. All I'm saying is there are other options and we shouldn't all start jumping off of bridges if we don't take him.

I am still 100% convinced that even though the OL is important, we can fix alot of our "Blocking" issues by just adding a couple of good WR's, that would allow Ponder more options/targets when it comes to getting it out on a 3 or 5 step drop.

Percy is great, but he can't do it alone. Adding a Blackmon and a vet WR like Garcon automatically makes your OL better without even adding a OLmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnson14 View Post
    If Kalil is there at 3, and we trade.. I officially give up with this FO.
    Why? If it means you can add 2 first round picks this year instead of just one I think you do it. Especially if you stay in area that means you can get Reiff.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast