Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Spielman wants to trade 3rd

Spielman looks to make a deal

Spielman looks to make a deal - TwinCities.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    "We could (find) value if, for example, we moved down from the third overall pick," Spielman said.
    So I wonder who Spielman plans on drafting with those 4th, 5th & 6th round picks he trades our 3rd pick for?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Whatever. This means nothing. Smoke and mirrors to hide his true intent, which may or may not be to trade out.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    I think you're almost always open to the options...if the right deal comes along, you jump on it!

My thinking ATM is that we can move down to 6 or maybe as far as 9, maybe, and still grab Reilly Reiff, LT from Iowa. He's pretty much the same size and comes in as a better run blocker, tho not quite as agile of a pass blocker than Kalil, in other words, a "better fit" for what the Vikings want to do given the strength of our running backs. AND, we'd most likely get an extra 2nd round pick this year, AND very likely another 4th or more late picks too. AND, the kid is a huge whiteboy from South Dakota who played in Iowa and will most likely sell tons of jerseys in MN...kinda taking over the Kleinsaucer's spot and continuing our tradtion of pulling fans from our neighboring states.

I'd love to have the Redskins 2nd round pick, giving us 2 in the top 7 of that round (and RR is almost guaranteed to be there at 6.) After getting our franchise LT in the first, we could double dip for our secondary, taking a top Safety and CB, or perhaps one DB and a WR like Stephen Hill, or maybe a top notch LB like Zach Brown.

For a rebuilding team like the Vikes, 3 picks in the top 40 is better than 2!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Stay put and draft Kalil. When you are in position to draft the best tackle in the draft and that is a position you are needing then you need to pull the trigger and take him. Pass blocking has to be the main focus for a LT on this team, we can no longer allow our QB to get killed game in and game out.

I would also like to tell Bryant McKinnie to take a long walk down a short pier.
    Last edited by PackSux!; 02-25-2012 at 08:14 AM.

ShowingMyHorns is offline Training Camp
    Haha, a short pier may not hold his fat ass

Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    Stay put and draft Kalil. When you are in position to draft the best tackle in the draft and that is a position you are needing then you need to pull the trigger and take him. Pass blocking has to be the main focus for a LT on this team, we can no longer allow our QB to get killed game in and game out.

I would also like to tell Bryant McKinnie to take a long walk down a short pier.

Absolutely. Max protect or another year of shame.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post

+1
    +1
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer
    The more I think about it, the more I feel Khalil is the answer. It is true that OTs, even recently, have underperformed for their selections (J.Smith, Gallery, etc). However, one thing Khalil has going for him, which IMO is a huge plus, is his pedigree. Reducing his bust factor is the fact that his Dad played in the NFL and his brother might be the best center in the NFL right now. When looking at a cornerstone of your team for years to come, this is the type of player upon which you build.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    I think you're almost always open to the options...if the right deal comes along, you jump on it!

My thinking ATM is that we can move down to 6 or maybe as far as 9, maybe, and still grab Reilly Reiff, LT from Iowa. He's pretty much the same size and comes in as a better run blocker, tho not quite as agile of a pass blocker than Kalil, in other words, a "better fit" for what the Vikings want to do given the strength of our running backs. AND, we'd most likely get an extra 2nd round pick this year, AND very likely another 4th or more late picks too. AND, the kid is a huge whiteboy from South Dakota who played in Iowa and will most likely sell tons of jerseys in MN...kinda taking over the Kleinsaucer's spot and continuing our tradtion of pulling fans from our neighboring states.

I'd love to have the Redskins 2nd round pick, giving us 2 in the top 7 of that round (and RR is almost guaranteed to be there at 6.) After getting our franchise LT in the first, we could double dip for our secondary, taking a top Safety and CB, or perhaps one DB and a WR like Stephen Hill, or maybe a top notch LB like Zach Brown.

For a rebuilding team like the Vikes, 3 picks in the top 40 is better than 2!
    I would be all for that trade, but don't think it will happen. The only reason I see teams moving up is to get RGIII, and I think the Rams will be the team trading their pick.
    Also I think one of those two second round picks should be used on WR.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast