Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Anyone think we should be trying to get Asante Samuel? Or anyone really?

Rick Spielman is going to prove to be one of the worst GMs in the league (again). I hate that he's with this team.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post

Rick Spielman is going to prove to be one of the worst GMs in the league (again). I hate that he's with this team.
    I am not so sure, let's look at it this way, we build through the draft and get better slowly but we have a better foundation. If we build through the draft and get some really good young players but they need to learn and mistakes the first year so we finish in the bottom ten. We get a high draft pick next year and stock pile more young pleayers who have talent but need to learn the game, so we finish near the bottom again. Now we have had three years of high draft choices and the players who are now in their second and third year are coming of age and we now have a very godd AND YOUNG team. Now in three years we can compete and now go out and get one or two really good free agents and make a run at a super bowl. At least that's how I see what Speilman could be doing. If you get free agents now what will it do for us, make us mediocre and lower our draft choices and waste valuable money on free agents who will probably be gone just when we are good enough to make a run IMO!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I am not so sure, let's look at it this way, we build through the draft and get better slowly but we have a better foundation. If we build through the draft and get some really good young players but they need to learn and mistakes the first year so we finish in the bottom ten. We get a high draft pick next year and stock pile more young pleayers who have talent but need to learn the game, so we finish near the bottom again. Now we have had three years of high draft choices and the players who are now in their second and third year are coming of age and we now have a very godd AND YOUNG team. Now in three years we can compete and now go out and get one or two really good free agents and make a run at a super bowl. At least that's how I see what Speilman could be doing. If you get free agents now what will it do for us, make us mediocre and lower our draft choices and waste valuable money on free agents who will probably be gone just when we are good enough to make a run IMO!
    I love that story tark10.
    I just hope Spielmillen is up to the task.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post

How much is the asking price for a 31 year old has been? More than likely to much. Since he left the patriots he has never been the same. For somebody who hated Chilly so much you seem to be in the same mindset. Let's go after lame ass Eagles!

You realize the Eagles were replaceing Samuel when the signed Nhamdi right?

CPonderFan is offline Rookie
    ummm...There are few CBs in the league that would be second to Nhamdi
    None

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by CPonderFan View Post
    ummm...There are few CBs in the league that would be second to Nhamdi
    Ummm.... And remind me how good Nhamdi did in a new system? Second to Nhamdi? I can name a few that outperformed Nhamdi this season. So the question should be how many corners is Nhamdi second too?

Because a corner is good in one system does not make them good in all systems. Nhamdi proved that last season. We will see how long it takes him to catch on to the eagles defense. Can samuel adapt to a new system as fast at his age? more than likely not.

CPonderFan is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    Ummm.... And remind me how good Nhamdi did in a new system? Second to Nhamdi? I can name a few that outperformed Nhamdi this season. So the question should be how many corners is Nhamdi second too?

Because a corner is good in one system does not make them good in all systems. Nhamdi proved that last season. We will see how long it takes him to catch on to the eagles defense. Can samuel adapt to a new system as fast at his age? more than likely not.
    LOLZ!!! Dude Nhamdi is second to none when it comes to man to man shutdown coverage. Last season who was the Eagles DC? Was that his first time ever DCing? What kind of coach was he the season before he was promoted to DC? Exactly...What were the Eagles playing like at the end of the season? In case you dont know his name was Juan Castillo, former OL coach, and yes he is still the Eagles DC!! - Why I dont know, but the players didnt believe in him at the begininning of the season, but by the end of the season they started to get confidence in his play calling.

Nhamdi will return to form thsi season and the Eagles are going to Win the NFC East
    None

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I love that story tark10.
    I just hope Spielmillen is up to the task.
    I have little faith our coaches can develop talent as well as Spielman have the ability to pick the talent... two fold problem if you ask me!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I am not so sure, let's look at it this way, we build through the draft and get better slowly but we have a better foundation. If we build through the draft and get some really good young players but they need to learn and mistakes the first year so we finish in the bottom ten. We get a high draft pick next year and stock pile more young pleayers who have talent but need to learn the game, so we finish near the bottom again. Now we have had three years of high draft choices and the players who are now in their second and third year are coming of age and we now have a very good AND YOUNG team. Now in three years we can compete and now go out and get one or two really good free agents and make a run at a super bowl. At least that's how I see what Speilman could be doing. If you get free agents now what will it do for us, make us mediocre and lower our draft choices and waste valuable money on free agents who will probably be gone just when we are good enough to make a run IMO!
    Problem is 3 years from now IF we have drafted anyone good, how many of those or our current veteran good players will we lose to FA because they're sick of playing on a bad team? How many of our good playesr that we have now will be cut by Spielman to provide cap space? That would include JA, Harvin, Greenway, AD, K-Rud & possibly Ponder in those scenarios.

What is AD going to be worth in 3 years? Do we trade him now?

What is your confidence level that Spielman will draft good in the next 3 years? It's a wait & see but IMO, I don't believe he will have fantastic drafts 3 years running.

If he was that good, he'd still be GM in Miami.

The last major player of the Dave Wannstedt Era finally ushered himself out.

Good thing. Otherwise, Nick Saban would have done it for him.

As a scout and researcher, ex-Dolphin General Manager Rick Spielman has few peers. His attention to detail and his capacity for work have earned him praise and respect throughout the NFL. He knows how to properly run a personnel department and he does it as well as anyone in the business.

During Spielman�s tenure, the Dolphin personnel department was improved in many ways, including the addition of more scouts, more comprehensive college and pro personnel reporting, and rapid information sharing at the point of need.

Unfortunately, all of the above is for naught if the due diligence cannot be consistently converted into sound decisions. In this regard, Spielman was a failure in Miami.

In 2004, the price of this failure was paid for with a 4-12 record. 4-12 is what happens when a team doesn�t have the talent to win.
    Spielman Leaves Mixed Legacy in Miami

Detroit tried building a team thru the draft with not so good GM. How many years has it taken them again?
    Last edited by singersp; 04-02-2012 at 12:39 PM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Problem is 3 years from now IF we have drafted anyone good, how many of those or our current veteran good players will we lose to FA because they're sick of playing on a bad team? How many of our good playesr that we have now will be cut by Spielman to provide cap space? That would include JA, Harvin, Greenway, AD, K-Rud & possibly Ponder in those scenarios.

What is AD going to be worth in 3 years? Do we trade him now?

What is your confidence level that Spielman will draft good in the next 3 years? It's a wait & see but IMO, I don't believe he will have fantastic drafts 3 years running.

If he was that good, he'd still be GM in Miami.

Spielman Leaves Mixed Legacy in Miami
    there's no way any of those dudes get cut anytime soon.... They should still all be here for a long time... With the exception of Greenway.... He needs to restructure.. he's well over-paid... $10M for a LB that can't cover is entirely too much....

We shoulda let him walk for that price....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast