Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 182
  1. #41
    CPonderFan is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    75
    ignorance is bliss!

    I say trade out of the 3rd pick and we can still get our OT that we need and a couple of other players to go along with him. I think Miami is the team that is desperate enough to move up to #3 and get the QB they need before cleveland picks at 4. I love the idea of drafting OT Rieff and getting a draft pick or two to boot. Everything i have read is that there isnt much seperation between Kalil and Reiff anyways
    None

  2. #42
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,473
    Quote Originally Posted by CPonderFan View Post
    ignorance is bliss!

    I say trade out of the 3rd pick and we can still get our OT that we need and a couple of other players to go along with him. I think Miami is the team that is desperate enough to move up to #3 and get the QB they need before cleveland picks at 4. I love the idea of drafting OT Rieff and getting a draft pick or two to boot. Everything i have read is that there isnt much seperation between Kalil and Reiff anyways
    There is separation between Kalil and Reiff. That said I could deal with your scenario, except there are not any teams knocking down our door for the third pick. Miami can probably trade up with someone further down the board than us and still get Tannehill.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

  3. #43
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7
    I wouldnt pick Ryan Tannehill in the first round, let alone 3rd overall.. That is just crazy talk in my oppinion..

    Kalil is the best OT in the draft and the drop-off from him to Reiff, Martin, Adams is huge.. Kalils footwork is amazing, his basic skills is great, he has a frame to add some weight, he is strong, atheltic, the whole package i have no doubt in my mind that he will be a big success in the NFL and i think we must pick him..

    The only scenario i see is if we sign a free agent proven LT(don't know who i could/should be) and then draft Claiborne/Blackmon..


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  4. #44
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    How does this sound to you?


    Charlie Johnson Joe Berger John Sullivan Anthony Herera Phil Loadholt

    Bet it sounds even worse to Ponder.

    If Ryan Cook was still on the team, he would be our best lineman. Pretty sad state of affairs.
    Hererra was cut before FA. He is not a Viking, Ergo you were looking at;

    Charlie Johnson Joe Berger John Sullivan Chris DeGeare Phil Loadholt.

    Vikings signed Geoff Schwartz after your post & he will compete for a guard spot.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #45
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post

    Elite LT's don't transfer teams as often because they are not in as high of a demand so teams are able to sign them more often and still stay in the cap.
    I don't know if I can agree with that. Elite LT's do get drafted high & are in demand.

    Case in point: Jake Long was drafted #1 overall in the 2008 draft. 2 picks before Matt Ryan.

    In the last 5 years 8 tackles were drafted in the top 10 picks. 6 of them play LT. In that same 5 years only 4 DB's were signed in the top 10 & each team fields 3 DB's.

    Top 10 picks regardless of position, got top 10 money. They didn't come cheap because they were OL men.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #46
    vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wausau, WI
    Posts
    224
    Blog Entries
    1
    I heard that Claiborne is getting wrist surgery. Given this situation, I feel more strongly than ever that we should draft Kalil at #3, if at all possible. For our second-round pick, I feel we should draft the best available WR or CB. If we draft WR at #35, we should then draft the best available CB at #67 and vice versa. As weak as we are at LT, WR, and CB, all 3 of these draft picks will likely start on Day 1 of the regular season, and will help our team get better.

    Between free agency and the draft, we know we won't be able to fix every problem the team has. However, if we address the most serious problems now, the team will at least be pointed in the right direction for the future.

  7. #47
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,473
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Hererra was cut before FA. He is not a Viking, Ergo you were looking at;

    Charlie Johnson Joe Berger John Sullivan Chris DeGeare Phil Loadholt.

    Vikings signed Geoff Schwartz after your post & he will compete for a guard spot.

    I thought Herera was cut also but Vikings.com, the official Vikings website has him listed as the first string RG and I believe 2nd string LG on their depth chart.
    Hutch is absent from the chart. A quick search also still has him listed as a Viking.
    Maybe they did not cut him yet.
    In any case, does it sound any better sans Herera?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

  8. #48
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I thought Herera was cut also but Vikings.com, the official Vikings website has him listed as the first string RG and I believe 2nd string LG on their depth chart.
    Hutch is absent from the chart. A quick search also still has him listed as a Viking.
    Maybe they did not cut him yet.
    In any case, does it sound any better sans Herera?
    I saw they had him listed, but he was cut.

    No, it doesn't sound better without Hererra. That's my point. We're much worse off then we were last year.

    I still think signing a good OL coach is what this team has to do as well. The current OL coach just hasn't been improving the OL play.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #49
    Ranger's Avatar
    Ranger is offline Coach
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,080
    Do you guys feel that Claiborne is a better ball player than Blackmon?

  10. #50
    thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    544
    BPA is the best way to build through the draft .............

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •