Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Holy shit. A guy can't even have some fun with an old movie quote any more. I really don't have a problem with what kevon said, although I did think he bounced around a bit. I just finished watching Billy Madison last night and loved that line, as I had forgotten about it. Does everything have to be totally serious. That was a funny quote then and it still is.

Kevon, if I pissed YOU off, sorry, just having some fun. It was not meant in a serious nature.

Caine, get over yourself.
    Riiight...I'm the one with the problem....

Perhaps had you made it clear that you were joking around - smileys, the ever popular "j/k", or even a few "ha ha ha"'s at the end, you wouldn't have gotten the reaction you did.

But you didn't. So, your attempt at humor APPEARED to be an attack - and an unwarranted and unsupported one at that - and was treated as such. Look back through the 16 pages of this thread and you'll see that there are some charged posts here.

So, next time you want to be funny, be a wee bit more obvious about it.

As for getting over myself, I don't really see the need - I wasn't the one who was unclear. I was the one who had the back of a poster who had a solid post ganked on...even if it was in jest.

Caine

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Riiight...I'm the one with the problem....

Perhaps had you made it clear that you were joking around - smileys, the ever popular "j/k", or even a few "ha ha ha"'s at the end, you wouldn't have gotten the reaction you did.

But you didn't. So, your attempt at humor APPEARED to be an attack - and an unwarranted and unsupported one at that - and was treated as such. Look back through the 16 pages of this thread and you'll see that there are some charged posts here.

So, next time you want to be funny, be a wee bit more obvious about it.

As for getting over myself, I don't really see the need - I wasn't the one who was unclear. I was the one who had the back of a poster who had a solid post ganked on...even if it was in jest.

Caine
    seems obvious now that my attempt at humor didn't go over well. Sounded good in my head though.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    seems obvious now that my attempt at humor didn't go over well. Sounded good in my head though.
    I actually like the vast majority of your posts.
    Midge lays in the weeds and ambushes posters from time to time. But he presents an evidence based reason for his opinion. And I respect him for it.
    You on the other hand, make a dozen or so good posts, then launch a personal attack that seems out of character.
    In the past, that has proven to be a problem with maturity or alcohol with some posters.
    But I don't care, nor buy excuses, including a lame attempt at humor.
    If it was your first attack I might, but it isn't.
    Next time you attack a poster on PP.O, I will be here waiting.
    Hopefully you now know how it feels!

Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Who made you God?
    Sober up and try presenting some rational thought or discourse, counter to what he said, rather than your usual lack of tolerance for others divergent opinions.
    You are an intolerant ass driving people away from this sight.
    Maybe you should learn how to use the delete button; people have a right to have an opinion without your crap.
    smegma, I just went through all my posts from this year. I found two where I ripped a post.( One of them was your post about having a change of pace quarterback to come in late in games like a reliever in baseball.) How does that translate to a usual lack of tolerance for others opinions?

I tried to PM this to you, but received a fatal error twice.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    I actually like the vast majority of your posts.
    Midge lays in the weeds and ambushes posters from time to time. But he presents an evidence based reason for his opinion. And I respect him for it.
    You on the other hand, make a dozen or so good posts, then launch a personal attack that seems out of character.
    In the past, that has proven to be a problem with maturity or alcohol with some posters.
    But I don't care, nor buy excuses, including a lame attempt at humor.
    If it was your first attack I might, but it isn't.
    Next time you attack a poster on PP.O, I will be here waiting.
    Hopefully you now know how it feels!
    And I with most of yours.
    Maturity is not a problem with me. I am older than dirt.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    smegma, I just went through all my posts from this year. I found two where I ripped a post.( One of them was your post about having a change of pace quarterback to come in late in games like a reliever in baseball.) How does that translate to a usual lack of tolerance for others opinions?
    Are you refering to this post of yours?

I tried to PM this to you, but received a fatal error twice.
    Are you refering to this post?
    "er before you put something like that out there for everyone out there to see.

you may want to get aquainted with the delete button on your computer before you put something like that out there for everyone out there to see. "

Seems a bit personal. No mention of a change of pace, quarterback, or football at all.
    BTW, Webb performed as well or better than Ponder, so your assertions not only didn't warrant a personal attack, they were wrong.
    Once , twice , I don't care, next personal attack, I will be there waiting.
    Also, I don't always agree with my friend Kevon, but I respect his imput on PP.O., as should you.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Wow, missed the fireworks. So much for going out of town again! LOL

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Did we have a Katy Perry momment?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Wow, missed the fireworks. So much for going out of town again! LOL
    Nah...false alarm. Turned out to be a couple of snap-pops and a few sparklers.....

Fortunately, while you were gone, Smegma was on patrol.....

Caine

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    LOL. I recognized that as a Billy Madison quote immediately. Slightly out of proportioned response to a little issue.

This is one of the first signs that the offseason is too long.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=