Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Skum's Vikings Mock Draft

So i had to look at this draft that is only 2 weeks away(time travels fast)..

I made up a little game for myself in order to make this a realistic draft, so what i did - and i invite you to do the same - was to take the rankings from the CBSSports Draft site

NFL Draft - 2012 NFL Draft Prospects - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

I then took the Vikings 10 draft picks and made up the rule, if i was picking 3rd, i couldnt not pick players ranked higher than that with the 3rd pick.. in this case Luck and RGIII, so with 35, i can only pick players that were ranked 35 and down and so on..(hope you understand).

Here is what i came up with, im pretty happy with my draft

3 Matt Kalil, OT - USC
    - Im very much against trading down, we badly need a left tackle in order for Ponder to have any success

35 Harrison Smith, SS - Notre Dame
    - We also badly need a safety and Harrison Smith is one of the best there is, some will argue that this is kind of a reach, but im certain that he can start in this league - he has nice tackling skills and decent ball skills..

66 AJ Jenkins, WR - Illinois
    - Fast wideout with massive production at Illinois.

98 Chase Minnifield, CB - Virginia
    - Versatile defender, can play both man and zone and will end up making a quarterback pay for a bad throw taking it the other way.

128 TY Hilton, WR - Florida Int.
    - Playmaking slot reciever who can do all kinds of stuff, can drop back into the backfield and run the ball, run a reverse - reminds me of Percy and can fill in for him if Percy is on the sideline needing a breath..

134 Tank Carder, ILB - TCU
    - We need a backup at ILB and Carder fits the bill, pretty good in coverage and a guy you will see around the football on every play..

138 Tom Compton, OT - South Dakota
    - A guy for the future and a guy that hopefully can push Loadholt to raise his level of play at RT. Creating depth at the O-Line

175 Travis Lewis, OLB - Oklahoma
    - I have no idea why Travis Lewis ended up here, he is a very productive linebacker, has battled injuries and might be a bit undersized, but i think he will be okay in the NFL.

210 Neiko Thorpe, FS - Auburn
    - Coming out of the SEC, posseses the SEC speed and had a very good pro day, secondary depth

223 DeAngelo Tyson, DT - Georgia
    - Very good run stopper, played DE in a 3-4 scheme at Georgia, but should have no problem playing DT in the pro's.. Very solid player that gets the job done..

So i added help at the O-Line and in the secondary, along with 2 wideouts, 2 linebackers and a defensive tackle.. Tell me what you think about my draft and try and do the same..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

KevinK is offline Starter
    LOL! "You Scum!"................. We will trade the pick to the Dolphins!!! And get 3 first rounders and a second rounder!!!
    * I live in a fantasy world............... But I like ur picks.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Your picks look good to me skum. Hopefully we can get a couple starters out of the mix this year.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

YouthVikesFan is offline Training Camp
    3) Matt Kalil - OT (No brainer)

35) Donta Hightower - ILB (Who i always wanted over jeffery but seems he will go late in the 1st)

66) George Iloka - FS (#1 Free safety according to these guys, seems like a stud)

98) Nick Toon - WR (Speed and jumps well at 6-2. My gem in this years draft)

128) Josh Norman - CB (Physcial press corner. Take norman move winfield to SS pair him with Iloka if he can beat out raymond. We still have cook, carr, bowman, allen, Barton, plus norman)

134) Jonathan Massaquoi - OLB (BPA with a need at LB. Never knew shianco and browns reciever massaquoi were related, hes another cousin and seems to be a stud)

138) Tom compton - OT (Adds depth and might challenege loadholt day 1)

175) Tommy streeter - WR (Believe the hype on this guy, he might not be a #1 reciever in the nfl but a #2-3 guy oneday)

210) Brandon Bolden - RB (Hes a poorman adrian peterson, well rounded with strength and speed but his strength and speed isnt petersons strength and speed. He can grind and kill the clock at the end of the game)

223) Jaymes Brooks - OG (Adds more depth, nothin more than a backup. Hopefully charlie johnson can step his game up as a guard if we decide to do so)

This is doing it your way, it was tough cause i really wanted to add a DT but they arent worth reaching for.

So thats 3 OL, 2 LB, 2 WR, 2 DB, and a RB

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by YouthVikesFan View Post
    3) Matt Kalil - OT (No brainer)
    You'd think. Rumors swirling that we're eying Blackmon now. Realize that's just pre-draft buzz, but wouldn't be at all shocked.

I honestly don't care who we draft this year, it's a wash. Our team is awful.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    picks look good, but I think a lot of those guys would be gone... I hope we take a linebacker before our 6th pick though... None of our LB's can cover anybody... None of them have awareness... we need one with some speed too... They can't cover nor can they blitz with effectiveness...

YouthVikesFan is offline Training Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    You'd think. Rumors swirling that we're eying Blackmon now. Realize that's just pre-draft buzz, but wouldn't be at all shocked.

Blackmon reminds me of a anquon boldin.. Would I take a young boldin? ofcourse, but like you said our team is pretty bad so if we go wideout in the first trade down and take floyd. I think they will put up similar numbers anyway and we can address more needs with the extra picks. I seen a mayock top 100 with floyd just above blackmon. To be safe and sure we get atleast something out of this draft take kalil.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post

That's just a smoke screen to fool other teams and try to get them to trade up I think.

To whoever said we should draft Nick Toon, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, no more cheesedick players, they never pan out!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Heres is tark's revised mock draft

3. Kalil - OT -USC

Trade 35 and 128 to Patriots.
    Sign Mike Wallace and give Steelers pick #31.

66. Jerel Worthy - DT - MSU the warpig We need

98. Chase Minnifield - Db- Virg.

134. Alfonzo Dennard - DB Neb. ( he might no be here, some have him going much higher.)

175. Lance Lewis - WR - East Car.

210. Cliff Harris- DB -Ore. ( Had a first round grade a few months ago, off field issues, do we want to deal with them?)

223. Kelvin Beachum - OG - SMU (Big strong, size power) Picked a flyer

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    With the 35th pick i'd love WR Alshon Jeffery. Whether he will still be there or not at 35, I don't know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast