Skum's Vikings Mock Draft
So i had to look at this draft that is only 2 weeks away(time travels fast)..
I made up a little game for myself in order to make this a realistic draft, so what i did - and i invite you to do the same - was to take the rankings from the CBSSports Draft site
NFL Draft - 2012 NFL Draft Prospects - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com
I then took the Vikings 10 draft picks and made up the rule, if i was picking 3rd, i couldnt not pick players ranked higher than that with the 3rd pick.. in this case Luck and RGIII, so with 35, i can only pick players that were ranked 35 and down and so on..(hope you understand).
Here is what i came up with, im pretty happy with my draft
3 Matt Kalil, OT - USC
- Im very much against trading down, we badly need a left tackle in order for Ponder to have any success
35 Harrison Smith, SS - Notre Dame
- We also badly need a safety and Harrison Smith is one of the best there is, some will argue that this is kind of a reach, but im certain that he can start in this league - he has nice tackling skills and decent ball skills..
66 AJ Jenkins, WR - Illinois
- Fast wideout with massive production at Illinois.
98 Chase Minnifield, CB - Virginia
- Versatile defender, can play both man and zone and will end up making a quarterback pay for a bad throw taking it the other way.
128 TY Hilton, WR - Florida Int.
- Playmaking slot reciever who can do all kinds of stuff, can drop back into the backfield and run the ball, run a reverse - reminds me of Percy and can fill in for him if Percy is on the sideline needing a breath..
134 Tank Carder, ILB - TCU
- We need a backup at ILB and Carder fits the bill, pretty good in coverage and a guy you will see around the football on every play..
138 Tom Compton, OT - South Dakota
- A guy for the future and a guy that hopefully can push Loadholt to raise his level of play at RT. Creating depth at the O-Line
175 Travis Lewis, OLB - Oklahoma
- I have no idea why Travis Lewis ended up here, he is a very productive linebacker, has battled injuries and might be a bit undersized, but i think he will be okay in the NFL.
210 Neiko Thorpe, FS - Auburn
- Coming out of the SEC, posseses the SEC speed and had a very good pro day, secondary depth
223 DeAngelo Tyson, DT - Georgia
- Very good run stopper, played DE in a 3-4 scheme at Georgia, but should have no problem playing DT in the pro's.. Very solid player that gets the job done..
So i added help at the O-Line and in the secondary, along with 2 wideouts, 2 linebackers and a defensive tackle.. Tell me what you think about my draft and try and do the same..