Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakout View Post
    I seem to remember Pagac playing some man coverage at the beginning of the year and Griffin sucked at it. I also seem to remember Griffin being cut due to said suckage.
    It was actually "Press Man" or "Press Zone" and yes, he struggled, again, I credit that to two things.....1) his knee(s) weren't 100% and 2) he isn't a man CB. He's a C2 CB, thats why we drafted him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Can we get an update with the extra 4th round picks please?

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Round 1, Pick 3, No. 3 - Matt Kalil OT USC - No brainer here. The vikings got their new cemented LT for years to come.

Round 2, Pick 3, No. 35 Mark Barron S Alabama - Unfortunately Ashlon Jeffrey had a great pro day, and got himself back into the first round. Spielman knows its a lot of talent left in WR Pool in this draft to develop into stars

Round 3, Pick 3, No. 66 Tommy Streeter WR Miami - 6'5 great speed, good leaping and physical ability. Just needs to be polished as a route runner, and george stewart is one of the best WR coaches in the league, I think he has this kid as starter week one.

Round 4, Pick 3, No. 98 Juron Criner WR Arizona - another 6'5 receiver, Criner is a lot more polished, but has questions about his work ethic. Great body control, hands, and deep threat ability. Just needs that push to become great. Criner couldve been a first rounder if his work ethics were there.

Round 4, Pick 33*, No. 128 DaJohn Harris DT USC

Round 4, Pick 39*, No. 134 Omar Bolden CB Arizona State

Round 5, Pick 3, No. 138

Round 6, Pick 5, No. 175

Round 7, Pick 3, No. 210

Round 7, Pick 16, No. 223

*leaves draft room, and hands keys to spielman* Im not so good when it comes to 5th round talent and below, so ill leave it there.What do you guys think about the first 6 picks?

Round 1, Pick 3, No. 3 - Matt Kalil OT USC - No brainer here. The vikings got their new cemented LT for years to come.

Round 2, Pick 3, No. 35 Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina - If he keeps his weight in check, he could be our new Sid Rice

Round 3, Pick 3, No. 66 Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama - He slides to the third, and we get #1 CB potential in the third round

Round 4, Pick 3, No. 98 Alameda Ta'amu, DT, Washington - Pat Williams type DT, has been falling rapidly down the draft boards.

Round 4, Pick 33*, No. 128 Marcus Forston, DT, Miami - Another DT for the rotation

Round 4, Pick 39*, No. 134 Emmanuel Acho, OLB, Texas

Round 5, Pick 3, No. 138 Marvin McNutt, WR, Iowa

Round 6, Pick 5, No. 175 Eddie Pleasant, S, Oregon

Round 7, Pick 3, No. 210 Bradie Ewing, FB, Wisconsin

Round 7, Pick 16, No. 223 Lamar Holmes, OT, Southern Mississippi

This draft would make me cry tears of joy. And is my final mock draft.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    What fantasy world do you live in, in which Mark Barron will be available for our 2nd rounder? He will be taken in the top 15. Probably by the Cowboys. Harrison Smith is a possibility. But I really hope your 2nd scenario plays out, although there is no way that Jenkins falls to the third. If he does, at least we will know for sure he will team up with Simpson to keep Percy's migraines away.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post
    Ok guys ive done my research, looked at what the vikings what to do, and I think i got us pinned down.
    So hard to comment on these when you don't know who was on the board when you picked so I will defer to my mock to see who was on when the Vikes picked....

Round One: Matt Kalil OT USC - No brainer here. Best LT in the past 4 years. Probably the next Joe Thomas. Needs to gain about 20 healthy pounds, and is perfect.
    Agree, especially with respect to the need to add some weight. Rumor has it, he has already added 10.

Round Two: Stephen Hill, WR, GT - Good build. Speed Size Athleticism!! Most likely wont come out the gate blazing, but will probably need one or two years to mature like RIce did, and we got ourselves the next Megatron. I expect him to work hard in camp and be our #2 Receiver. I hope that he could add about 10 pounds of muscle to his frame, and improve his route running skills.
    I have him gone at 1-22 to Cleveland. Rated him a bit higher because of what you see, but think he will be a better first year pro than you seem to think.

Besides, he fits that scheme, especially after they land the RB at 1-3. (...see that...snicker)

I have them taking Harrison Smith, but am really starting to think he might not go there. If they go WR Criner and Jeffery will both be there the way my mock fell.

Round Three: Juron Criner WR Arizona - Another 6'4 WR with decent hands and jump ball ability. This WR Class is DEEP! I think the vikings know this, and will not pursue any WR free agents. Criner like Hill needs some time to polish, but also could be a Sidney Rice type player. He will Eventually be our #2 Receiver with Stephen Hill #1 and Percy were he belongs at #3. Criner needs to also imrpove his route running, and hopefully can show more speed at the pro level.
    I have this cat gone (Criner) at 3-41 and after the signing of Simpson, one year deal to see how he works out, which IMHO will lead to a long term deal, kindof blows the no FA signing.

Round Four: Markelle Martin S OKT State - Decent Size Safety, good speed and big hitting ability. BPA at the time for a position of need.
    I have him gone at 2-60. Why do you have him so low?

Round Five: Kheeston Randall DT Texas - D Tackle with huge upside. Needs to be a bit more polished technique. Could put some more weight on his frame. LOADED DT draft
    I have him gone at 3-86 and have him rated as a DE.

And this draft is loaded on the DL, but not with DT's that can stop the run and play the rush. Only about 4 of those cats that can play immediately. All the rest are boom/bust development guys.

Round Seven: Jeff Demps RB Flordia - Kick Returner/Punt Returner! Fast scat back, third and Long back. Screens, checkdowns. BLAZING SPEED!! Can be used like darren sproles or Bush before they became starting RBs
    LOL, who? Ya got me. I don't have this guy any place, nor does my "Ourlads" mag. Are you sure he is listed as a RB.

The vikings need to build their offense this draft. TOO MANY GOOD receivers in this draft. We got our QB/RB/TE now we get our LT/WR/3RB. We can patch our defense up during the off seasons. We still have one of the best Dlines in the NFL. Robison is a beast along with Jared Allen. Ballard will start at DT next year, and Everson Griffen will take over in a couple years when Jared is gone. Chad Greenway and Erin Henderson is our future. and CB is a deep FA market.
    I'm still not sold on our DL. We have good DE's, young 3/5 tech DT's, but no true "Warpig". Without that cat, I don't care what we do, our pass defense will suffer and we will continue to slide in stopping the run, like we have the last 2 or 3 years my friend.

I hope the vikings make these smart decisions
    In the end, I do to.....As always, good stuff my friend. Good stuff indeed.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Yeah marr that was my first lame attempt. Pls look at my most recent one on this page if u.scroll up. Tell me what u think.

Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post
    Yeah marr that was my first lame attempt. Pls look at my most recent one on this page if u.scroll up. Tell me what u think.
    Bite your tongue my friend. No attempt is lame. Heck I have Floyd going before Blackmon. How lame is that. LOL.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234