Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Trevathan is a great player, but very undersized.. I see him as a special team kind of player in the NFL.

Love AJ Jenkins and Harrison Smith.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakout View Post
    I'll throw in my realistic wish list.

I am assuming we get a 3rd and 4th round compensation pick.

Free Agency - TE John Carlson, OG Geoff Schwartz, FB Jerome Felton, WR/KR/PR Ted Ginn Jr., CB Chris Carr, LB Barrett Ruud

1. LT Matt Kalil 6'6 306 lbs - duh.

2. SS Harrison Smith 6'2 213 lbs - The team is desperate for better safety play. They got a good look at him during the Senior Bowl week.

3. CB Casey Hayward 5'11 192 lbs - Can play both zone and man coverage.

3. (COMP) WR Brian Quick 6'4 220 lbs - good hands and body control. A little raw with his route running but has a very high ceiling.

4. WR A.J. Jenkins 6'0 190 lbs. - back2back receivers. Quick gives you that big, physical, jump ball receiver and Jenkins is that 4.3 guy with crazy speed to take the top off of defenses. Jenkins is also a very smooth route runner.

4. (COMP) DT Hebron Fangupo 6'1 323 lbs - He would be a perfect NT for the scheme we run. He is the war pig that Marrdo talks about.

5. OLB Danny Trevathan 6'0 237 lbs - He recorded 143 tackles with 11.5 tackles for a loss, three sacks, four interceptions, five forced fumbles and five passes broken up last year for Kentucky and yet you really never hear his name.

6. RB Cyrus Gray 5'10 206 lbs - IMO the team needs a scat back to pair with Gerhart. Very hard to predict when AD will be back next year.

As for the 7th rounders Spielman always reaches on raw prospects.
    ]

I mean thats a good draft, but honestly I see the Vikings going all offense this draft, and all defense next draft. I think the Offensive weapons in this draft is better than defense. and next year its the opposite. I see 6/8 picks going towards Offense. 1 OT 3WR 1RB imo

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    I'll throw in my realistic wish list.

I am assuming we get a 3rd and 4th round compensation pick.

Free Agency - TE John Carlson, OG Geoff Schwartz, FB Jerome Felton, WR/KR/PR Ted Ginn Jr., CB Chris Carr, LB Barrett Ruud

1. LT Matt Kalil 6'6 306 lbs - duh.

2. SS Harrison Smith 6'2 213 lbs - The team is desperate for better safety play. They got a good look at him during the Senior Bowl week.

3. CB Casey Hayward 5'11 192 lbs - Can play both zone and man coverage.

3. (COMP) WR Brian Quick 6'4 220 lbs - good hands and body control. A little raw with his route running but has a very high ceiling.

4. WR A.J. Jenkins 6'0 190 lbs. - back2back receivers. Quick gives you that big, physical, jump ball receiver and Jenkins is that 4.3 guy with crazy speed to take the top off of defenses. Jenkins is also a very smooth route runner.

4. (COMP) DT Hebron Fangupo 6'1 323 lbs - He would be a perfect NT for the scheme we run. He is the war pig that Marrdo talks about.

5. OLB Danny Trevathan 6'0 237 lbs - He recorded 143 tackles with 11.5 tackles for a loss, three sacks, four interceptions, five forced fumbles and five passes broken up last year for Kentucky and yet you really never hear his name.

6. RB Cyrus Gray 5'10 206 lbs - IMO the team needs a scat back to pair with Gerhart. Very hard to predict when AD will be back next year.

As for the 7th rounders Spielman always reaches on raw prospects.
    Why do you need a CB that can play both Zone and Man coverage?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post
    Ok guys ive done my research, looked at what the vikings what to do, and I think i got us pinned down.

Round One: Matt Kalil OT USC - No brainer here. Best LT in the past 4 years. Probably the next Joe Thomas. Needs to gain about 20 healthy pounds, and is perfect.

Round Two: Stephen Hill, WR, GT - Good build. Speed Size Athleticism!! Most likely wont come out the gate blazing, but will probably need one or two years to mature like RIce did, and we got ourselves the next Megatron. I expect him to work hard in camp and be our #2 Receiver. I hope that he could add about 10 pounds of muscle to his frame, and improve his route running skills.

Round Three: Juron Criner WR Arizona - Another 6'4 WR with decent hands and jump ball ability. This WR Class is DEEP! I think the vikings know this, and will not pursue any WR free agents. Criner like Hill needs some time to polish, but also could be a Sidney Rice type player. He will Eventually be our #2 Receiver with Stephen Hill #1 and Percy were he belongs at #3. Criner needs to also imrpove his route running, and hopefully can show more speed at the pro level.

Round Four: Markelle Martin S OKT State - Decent Size Safety, good speed and big hitting ability. BPA at the time for a position of need.

Round Five: Kheeston Randall DT Texas - D Tackle with huge upside. Needs to be a bit more polished technique. Could put some more weight on his frame. LOADED DT draft

Round Seven: Jeff Demps RB Flordia - Kick Returner/Punt Returner! Fast scat back, third and Long back. Screens, checkdowns. BLAZING SPEED!! Can be used like darren sproles or Bush before they became starting RBs

The vikings need to build their offense this draft. TOO MANY GOOD receivers in this draft. We got our QB/RB/TE now we get our LT/WR/3RB. We can patch our defense up during the off seasons. We still have one of the best Dlines in the NFL. Robison is a beast along with Jared Allen. Ballard will start at DT next year, and Everson Griffen will take over in a couple years when Jared is gone. Chad Greenway and Erin Henderson is our future. and CB is a deep FA market.

I hope the vikings make these smart decisions
    Back to back WR's? I like Hill though. Do have him there cause Randle and Jeffrey are both gone or do you just have him ranked hirer than those 2?

Criner is interesting, but Toon should be in that range as well or even Mcnutt. Wouldn't mind any of them to tell the truth.

Agree that this is a loaded DT draft, but only if your looking for 3 techniques, which we have a glut of by the way. Very few good 0/1 techniques. I'm hoping that they saw enough of Ta'amu to get him either in the 2nd, or if he slips into the 3rd.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Why do you need a CB that can play both Zone and Man coverage?
    Because we play both.

Because we play both.
    Do we know......I seem to remember Griff trying to play a bit of man and getting in trouble for it. Add to the discussion our new D-coord. Not much man coaching coming out of that guy. Mix in a bit of the last D-coords attempt to try to play man press and getting demoted for it and I would really wonder if we, in fact, do play both my friend.

I think we need to get ready to watch 2 things this year.....

1. Lots and Lots of C2.
    2. Lots and Lots of 2-3 sets on offense.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    Trevathan is a great player, but very undersized.. I see him as a special team kind of player in the NFL.

Love AJ Jenkins and Harrison Smith.
    He measured in 6-0 237 pounds at the Combine. Even if he drops a few pounds he is plenty big enough to play on the weakside.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Do we know......I seem to remember Griff trying to play a bit of man and getting in trouble for it.
    I seem to remember Pagac playing some man coverage at the beginning of the year and Griffin sucked at it. I also seem to remember Griffin being cut due to said suckage.

purpledoom is offline Starter
    I watched Mcnutt at Iowa. Good hands I would love to see him in purple.

Quote Originally Posted by purpledoom View Post
    I watched Mcnutt at Iowa. Good hands I would love to see him in purple.
    I saw him play twice (on TV of course). Really liked what I saw, especially how seemed to get off the line and past his defender.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast