Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Somebody will be there. This draft is loaded.
    The kid Mcnutt from Iowa is a stud with a 5th round grade.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Ponder is going to need to throw for 4,000 yards minimum. We need protection and play makers to help him get there.
    Don't tell Marty that, the league is still a power run/stout defense league.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    NO CB's in this draft??? Somehow i doubt that...

drakkar is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    These picks are off. Hill will be a first rounder and demps will be gone by the fourth.
    Demps gave up football to concentrate on the Olympics.

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    NEW MOCK 3/22.. Too tired to give an explanation so ill make this quick

1st Round - Matt Kalil OT - Keeps Ponder upright

2nd Round - Ashlon Jefferies WR - Boom or Bust with him, if he works his ass off, he can be an Andre Johnson type WR

3rd Round - LaMichael James RB - Gets the ball out of harvin's hand in the WildCat/KR/PR

4th Round - Tommy Streeter WR - Tons of upside, 6'5, 4.3 forty, could become a Randy Moss if developed

5th Round - Brandon Taylor S - Tons of upside, could become a starter one day.

6th Round - Cliff Harris CB

7th Round - Kyle Wilber ILB

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post
    NEW MOCK 3/22.. Too tired to give an explanation so ill make this quick

1st Round - Matt Kalil OT - Keeps Ponder upright

2nd Round - Ashlon Jefferies WR - Boom or Bust with him, if he works his ass off, he can be an Andre Johnson type WR

3rd Round - LaMichael James RB - Gets the ball out of harvin's hand in the WildCat/KR/PR

4th Round - Tommy Streeter WR - Tons of upside, 6'5, 4.3 forty, could become a Randy Moss if developed

5th Round - Brandon Taylor S - Tons of upside, could become a starter one day.

6th Round - Cliff Harris CB

7th Round - Kyle Wilber ILB
    According to Mayock, Kendall Wright had an impressive Pro Day, making up for his poor 40 time at the combine. He believes he will go in the first round. This puts another WR in the mix early raising the likelihood of getting a quality reciever with our second pick.

Also, if you want a good utility RB that can field kicks, run the wildcat, catch out of the backfield you should take a look at Fozzy Whitaker from Texas. He will most likely go in the 7th or even undrafted, but he can be a quality pickup and did very well in his years at Texas in those roles. He had a number of injury issues which push him down significantly.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    I don't like the RB in the third. We have Peterson, and Gerhart, and Percy. I don't think they are going to be inclined to take the ball out of Percy's hands, if anything I think they will try to draft WR so Percy has more opportunity in the KR/RB/Wildcat role that he is best at.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    I don't like the RB in the third. We have Peterson, and Gerhart, and Percy. I don't think they are going to be inclined to take the ball out of Percy's hands, if anything I think they will try to draft WR so Percy has more opportunity in the KR/RB/Wildcat role that he is best at.
    I don't like RB that early, and I ESPECIALLY don't like taking Lamichael James that early.

Dude will be out of the league in 4 years. Write it down.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    I don't like RB that early, and I ESPECIALLY don't like taking Lamichael James that early.

Dude will be out of the league in 4 years. Write it down.
    Why due to size?
    Sproles ( my favorite non Vikings player) is smaller and has been here since 2008.
    James will be fine. He will be a career change of place and is a game change. I love the guy.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    I'll throw in my realistic wish list.

I am assuming we get a 3rd and 4th round compensation pick.

Free Agency - TE John Carlson, OG Geoff Schwartz, FB Jerome Felton, WR/KR/PR Ted Ginn Jr., CB Chris Carr, LB Barrett Ruud

1. LT Matt Kalil 6'6 306 lbs - duh.

2. SS Harrison Smith 6'2 213 lbs - The team is desperate for better safety play. They got a good look at him during the Senior Bowl week.

3. CB Casey Hayward 5'11 192 lbs - Can play both zone and man coverage.

3. (COMP) WR Brian Quick 6'4 220 lbs - good hands and body control. A little raw with his route running but has a very high ceiling.

4. WR A.J. Jenkins 6'0 190 lbs. - back2back receivers. Quick gives you that big, physical, jump ball receiver and Jenkins is that 4.3 guy with crazy speed to take the top off of defenses. Jenkins is also a very smooth route runner.

4. (COMP) DT Hebron Fangupo 6'1 323 lbs - He would be a perfect NT for the scheme we run. He is the war pig that Marrdo talks about.

5. OLB Danny Trevathan 6'0 237 lbs - He recorded 143 tackles with 11.5 tackles for a loss, three sacks, four interceptions, five forced fumbles and five passes broken up last year for Kentucky and yet you really never hear his name.

6. RB Cyrus Gray 5'10 206 lbs - IMO the team needs a scat back to pair with Gerhart. Very hard to predict when AD will be back next year.

As for the 7th rounders Spielman always reaches on raw prospects.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast