Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Remaining Players

Below are the vikings remaining picks. What players would you like us to select with this picks.

Below are mine
    4 23 (118) Streeter - WR - Doubt he will be here

4 33 (128) Josh Chapman - DT - Bama

4 39 (134) George Iloka - FS - He has to be better than what we have right?

5 3 (138) Travis Lewis - OLB - OK -
    Nothing wrong with this guy. Stock has fell because of a mistaken DX of a heart problem. Did not run well at the combine but an absolute terror.

5 4 (139) Greg Childs - WR - Arkansas
    Hurt knee and came back too soon. Had a poor Senior year. Finally healthy and back to his old self.

6 5 (175) -Rainey -

Burfict
    Dennard

Ranger is offline Coach
    How about Ta'amu? You want some beef for the defensive line? Here's the beef.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Ta'amu proberly to big.. This Leslie Frazier Indy-Defense likes to do crazy stuff like all of sudden drop a big lineman down into coverage, you are not gonna get that from him..

Wonder if he has the stamina to be a starter.. + i have faith in Guion to come in a do a good job this season.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Ranger is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    Ta'amu proberly to big.. This Leslie Frazier Indy-Defense likes to do crazy stuff like all of sudden drop a big lineman down into coverage, you are not gonna get that from him..

Wonder if he has the stamina to be a starter.. + i have faith in Guion to come in a do a good job this season.
    I figured that if we were to pick up Ta'amu, we'd have a Pat Williams sized monster in the middle to eat up centers and guards, freeing up Kevin to penetrate. Hell, he'd probably free up the MLB to make some plays as well.

I don't know if there's better bang for the buck out there right now. I'm not really sold on any of the remaining receivers.

Blog Entries
    Guys i like that are left on the board.

I think we are done at CB so i will leave them out.

DeAngelo Tyson - DT, Georgia 6-7th
    George Iloka, FS - Boise State 4th-5th
    Neiko Thorpe, FS - Auburn 6th-7th
    Tank Carder, ILB - TCU 4th-5th
    Ryan Miller, OG - Colorado 6th-7th
    Tom Compton, OT - South Dakota, 4th-5th
    Andrew Datko, OT - Florida State, 6th-7th
    Travis Lewis, OLB - Oklahoma, 5th-6th
    Juron Criner, WR - Arizona, 4th-5th
    Marvin Jones, WR - California, 4th-5th
    Marvin McNutt, WR - Iowa, 4th-5th

If we can get one of those WR's along with Iloka, Tank Carder and maybe another WR in the 5th or 6th along with Ryan Miller or Compton and then DeAngelo Tyson in the 7th, i will cry tears of joy!! #bestcasescenario

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    I figured that if we were to pick up Ta'amu, we'd have a Pat Williams sized monster in the middle to eat up centers and guards, freeing up Kevin to penetrate. Hell, he'd probably free up the MLB to make some plays as well.

I don't know if there's better bang for the buck out there right now. I'm not really sold on any of the remaining receivers.
    Pat Williams wasn't 340/350 lbs.. More like 320..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Ranger is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    Pat Williams wasn't 340/350 lbs.. More like 320..
    Think he was that light? I suspect he was a little more plump around the middle than that, but you're probably right. Still, Ta'amu would provide the same role, and probably do it just as well. It's pretty rare to get a rookie starter in the 4th or later, so I figured he'd be good to go.

Are you not a fan of those Arkansas receivers?

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Think he was that light? I suspect he was a little more plump around the middle than that, but you're probably right. Still, Ta'amu would provide the same role, and probably do it just as well. It's pretty rare to get a rookie starter in the 4th or later, so I figured he'd be good to go.

Are you not a fan of those Arkansas receivers?
    Pat was definitely bigger than the 320 they listed. I believe that was to save face. He was and is a nose tackle.

I love Ta'amu, he is amazing at penetration.
    I also like the Ark receivers but Greg Childs is my choice.
    Last edited by kevoncox; 04-28-2012 at 01:09 AM.

Dibbzz is offline Starter
    I'm really hoping for Tommy Streeter. He HAS to be our next pick. Or maybe Dwight Jones from UNC who was a projected 2nd round pick late December 2011. Next pick I truthfully believe will be receiver just due to the amount of depth at the position and the Vikings are primed to get a decent player who can be an immediate impact. Spielman I must admit has impressed me thus far this draft. I think it's fair to say that he at least deserves a chance to turn things around.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Guys I want this round:
    Alameda Ta'amu or Josh Chapman, preferably Ta'amu.
    James Brown, OG, Troy.
    George Iloka.

I also think it's tough to ignore guys like Nick Toon, David Molk, Josh Norman and Bobby Massie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast