Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by LIVike View Post
    A few other comments from that article make me a little nervous:

I hope its just the author making an assumption but if we do nothing in free agency it will fully cement in my mind that the entire organization is completely incabable of running a football team (I know as if they werent already). I can understand not going after Moss. As much as I would love to see him finish his career here, he needs a serious attitude adjustment.
    You don't win championships by making big splashes in free agency. You have to be patient and find guys in the draft.
    Vincent Jackson would be a great fit, but he is going to cost 40+million. Taking a guy at the top of the second and grooming him to be the next Vincent Jackson puts the team in better position long term.

LIVike is offline Starter
    I agree completely but you cant not do anything and expect things to get better. I expect them to fix most of the issues in the draft but you have to go after some free agents. A guy from the draft for the most part is unproven. Yes he could have been amazing in college but that means almost nothing at this point. Players like Jackson are proven and we know what to expect from them. To turn this team around a combination of drafted players and free agents is needed and thinking greenway and peterson were free agent signings is just stupid.
    None

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    You don't win championships by making big splashes in free agency. You have to be patient and find guys in the draft.
    Vincent Jackson would be a great fit, but he is going to cost 40+million. Taking a guy at the top of the second and grooming him to be the next Vincent Jackson puts the team in better position long term.
    If it was that easy then every team would do it. Draft is a crap shoot.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Weren't you a big proponent in bringing Favre here because you felt we would win it all?

Green Bay didn't draft him either.
    Last edited by singersp; 02-18-2012 at 08:23 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Former Vikings teammates Randy Moss and Cris Carter go their own way

Former Vikings teammates Randy Moss and Cris Carter go their own way - BostonHerald.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    He was and always should have been a Viking.

Bring him back. There will be the naysayers. There will be the people who laugh at the idea. But all that aside. He should go out where he came in.
    I agree!! What could possibly happen, we go 3-13, oh no!! Wait what was our record last year?

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    It seems that the issue is already decided, but for what it's worth, I'd consider bringing him back. It would depend on several factors, though, the most important of which is, how long would he be wanting/able to play? If it's just for a year or maybe two, I'd say no, as we will not be ready to compete in that time frame and therefore would not be a good fit for Randy. If he was willing judged able to go for three+ more years, then maybe. In that time, we could build back into a contender again, which would be a strong motivator for him.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123