Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion

Randy Moss wants to play in 2012

"I wanna play football," Moss said on UStream on Monday morning. "Your boy is going to come back here and play some football, so I'm really excited. I had some things I had to adjust in my life."
    Randy Moss says he wants to return to football in 2012 - ESPN Dallas

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Bring him back. Harvin loves him and when Moss was on the field, Harvin's numbers went thru the roof. I believe he had 100 yrds & 2 tds vs. the Jets ( a top teir defense at that point). Let the guy come in an retire a Vikings. However, i doubt it happens.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Marrdro would absolutely crap a battleship if they brought Randy back here....

...for that reason ALONE, I say bring him back.

I am also part of the minority that believes he can still be an effective contributor.

Caine

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    I would love to bring him back. My all time favorite Viking and I still think he's pretty good.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer
    Someone needs to get to him and tell him "If you really think you have your priorities and life in order come back to the family where you belong, but you have to show that you really have changed". It would start with a public apology to the Ma and Pa catering company that he offended, a real and believable mea culpa on that deal would start the process. Then a good faith offer to the Vikings to sign a heavily and I mean HEAVILY incentive based contract would go a long way to mending fences and showing the franchise that he wants to give them the value they gave up in the third round pick we gave the Patriots for him the last time around.

Provided he really has changed, and wants to show a concerted effort that he has his life in order and wants to be a model citizen, I too say let him retire a Viking where he should have been all along. If he really does have his life and priorities in order he should feel a tinge of guilt over the half a**ed effort/conduct and lack of value he gave us last time. Besides his buddy Chilly is gone.

God knows we need a #1 and if the price to bring him in for the sniff test is 0 I say we have to do it. Besides if we don't he will probably end up in Chicago and really stick it to us one last time...

Dibbzz is offline Starter
    To the idea of bringing in Randy Moss for a third time: hell no. I'd rather take Justin Blackmon, essentially a Terrell Owens without the baggage (and in his early twenties). There are a ton of receivers I'd take at this point over Moss, the main reason being the same as Turboe mentioned: his attitude. I don't want that kind of conceitedness plaguing our locker room when we're trying to REBUILD this franchise. This Franchise deserves a fresh, clean start. Get some good players in this draft and see where it takes us, no need to bring in has-beens from our glory days. Truthfully bringing in Randy Moss again would be counter-intuitive to what Coach Frasier and his staff are trying to instill into this team and his attitude would just set this team back when we're trying to move forward. It's not 1998 anymore, it's 2012. Let's move on.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Does he want to play all year or just when he wants to?

As coincidence would have it, Moss wants to play WR & the Vikings need a WR.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibbzz View Post
    To the idea of bringing in Randy Moss for a third time: hell no. I'd rather take Justin Blackmon.
    Why rather?

What would be wrong with drafting Blackmon & signing Moss?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Why rather?

What would be wrong with drafting Blackmon & signing Moss?
    Nothing - if you want to really improve the passing game. Similarly, what would be wrong with keeping Ponder and (if he's available) drafting RGIII (if you want to improve the team's strength at the quarterback position)?

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vikesrgreat2 View Post
    Nothing - if you want to really improve the passing game. Similarly, what would be wrong with keeping Ponder and (if he's available) drafting RGIII (if you want to improve the team's strength at the quarterback position)?
    Dumb comparison IMO. Huge difference between having two (3 with Webb) young QBs that could all start and having 2 WRs in Blackmon and Moss. I'd love to see Blackmon and Moss lining up opposite of each other with Harvin in the slot and Rudolph at TE.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast