Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    You can do some things to increase arm strength, or throwing power. Drew Brees did a lot of trunk exercises to strengthen all the muscles used for tossing, and it worked. He'll never be Elway or Favre, but his arm is definitely adequate.
    Exactly, arm strength isn't about the arm, its about the mechanics.

On a side note, everyone knows that the scheme we run doesn't depend on arm strength (which is why I ponder why Singer keeps pining on it) but rather timing and know when to put the ball to a spot the WR is GOING to be rather than to a spot the WR IS AT NOW.

Very few people understand that Cook played the season with a injury to his arm which, by the way, really limited his arm strength....

(Bleacher report warning) - Actually a pretty good article that has the video in it were Walsh (later in his years) was talking about the QB and the significance in the drops and his pupil was a older (weaker armed) Joe Montana.

Cook would tear his rotator cuff when he was brought down by a Chiefs defender. Despite playing through it the remainder of the season in which he would go on to lead the league in passing at a mind-numbing 9.4 yards per attempt and an astronomical 17.5 yards per completion, he would never be the sameónor would Walsh's offense.
    Football 101: Breaking Down the West Coast Offense | Bleacher Report

And yet, because of the YAC, he had pretty crazy numbers because he put the ball in the right spot (before the receiver got there) so that the receiver ran into the ball at full stride not because had a cannon for a arm.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I was wondering who would jump on that one first.
    I was wondering why out of all that I typed, that is what he jumped on......LOL.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it, Simpson has the ability to get incredibly high.
    Well played my friend.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Nice catch on the speed, but I was going to save that for another thread......

Believe it or not, I kindof see a logic to Musgroves madness......

OL better suited to run the ball than pass protect.....
    Then why did they burn the 4 pick on an OT who is good in pass protection but not near as good in the run? They could have traded back much farther and got a better run blocking LT or even used Love.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Well played my friend.
    Add in Harvin and we can call our WR group the "High flyers". Maybe bring in Jim Brunzell and Greg Gagne for a promo.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    I've had this discussion on here several times with our good friend bleed.....

AD

Toby

*Adrian Peterson*|*Oklahoma,*RB*:*2007 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

As to my optimism, you been around here long enough to know that in Marrdro's mind, this time of year, hope springs eternal.

Besides, the talent is there, no one can doubt that especially if you look at the kids we took and how many other teams had them in for a visit/tryout.

Its the ability of the staff to take them to the next level that has me concerned. Unlike a few on here, I don't think these kids just become NFL players because they hang around a few vets. If these kids don't hit their potential I will plut alot more blame on the coaches than I will the kids or the FO pukes.
    you had a little typo. AD's low was 4.42 and Toby's was 4.62. You can try and convince yourself that these guys have similar speed, but you must be staring at the lineman's asses when these guys are in the game, because it isn't even close. Toby is average to below average speed of an NFL RB, AD is above average. Toby doesn't run by or around anyone.

If you just want to play with the combine numbers, then think of it this way, AD's 40 time varied from 4.37 to 4.42. That's pretty consistent and shows his speed is fairly natural for him. Toby varied from 4.47 to 4.62. I'm sure you equate that to Toby ran a 4.47 and AD ran a 4.42, therefore, ergo, they are essentially the same.

Toby does not have the burst of AD and he doesn't have the straight line speed that AD does, he is not blowing by any defensive backs in this league. He is a good north to south runner, beats up on opponents, and is a decent RB, but nothing special.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    you had a little typo. AD's low was 4.42 and Toby's was 4.62. You can try and convince yourself that these guys have similar speed, but you must be staring at the lineman's asses when these guys are in the game, because it isn't even close. Toby is average to below average speed of an NFL RB, AD is above average. Toby doesn't run by or around anyone.

Even if Toby ran a

If you just want to play with the combine numbers, then think of it this way, AD's 40 time varied from 4.37 to 4.42. That's pretty consistent and shows his speed is fairly natural for him. Toby varied from 4.47 to 4.62. I'm sure you equate that to Toby ran a 4.47 and AD ran a 4.42, therefore, ergo, they are essentially the same.

Toby does not have the burst of AD and he doesn't have the straight line speed that AD does, he is not blowing by any defensive backs in this league. He is a good north to south runner, beats up on opponents, and is a decent RB, but nothing special.
    Even if Toby ran a 4.37 he would not be the same back as AD. AD does try to outrun people and has more cutting ability thna Toby. Toby fast or slow is a wrecking ball who looks for contact. I think he would run the same way wether he had AD's speed or not.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    Even if Toby ran a 4.37 he would not be the same back as AD. AD does try to outrun people and has more cutting ability thna Toby. Toby fast or slow is a wrecking ball who looks for contact. I think he would run the same way wether he had AD's speed or not.
    When I think of Toby's running style, I think of Juggernaut. Once the guy gets a head of steam up, he can go through a lot of contact, but not a lot of flash or pizzaz.

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I never said they were the same back. The are in truth, complete opposites. All I said was they were pretty close to the same speed time wise.

Take a look at a few of Toby's runs last year. He isn't gonna break em like AD did, but he did break a few. You don't do that at this level unless you have a little giddy up.

When I think of Toby's running style, I think of Juggernaut. Once the guy gets a head of steam up, he can go through a lot of contact, but not a lot of flash or pizzaz.
    Again, nothing said about flash or pizzaz (good assesment by the way).

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast