Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by CPonderFan View Post
    The only thing I learned while reading this thread was that there are ALOT of morons on here!
    "ALOT" isn't a word, it's two words. Anyways, what were you saying about morons?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    "ALOT" isn't a word, it's two words. Anyways, what were you saying about morons?
    Just did the coffee and monitor thing. Thought I was on here alone. How ya been my friend?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Just did the coffee and monitor thing. Thought I was on here alone. How ya been my friend?
    I've been well, besides the minor strokes brought on by Spielman and staff. Just ready for some football.

Did your Bengals make any big offseason moves?

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

I've been well, besides the minor strokes brought on by Spielman and staff. Just ready for some football.

Did your Bengals make any big offseason moves?
    Its gonna be a Bengals Vikes SB my friend........

They did pretty damn good in the draft. For a team that normally only builds through the draft, it was another good year.

They are in a tough division, but I don't think they are going to be the push over they have been in the past.

Something, by the by, you can say about OUR / MY Vikes especially since they got rid of another EXPUKER.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Great recap. Couple of additional thoughts based on what came out of last weeks workouts....

a. Could have 2 Starters on opening day at S out of this draft.
    b. Could have a new returner on opening day that can also help as a rotational guy.
    c. Could have a new Starting FB/HB/TE. By all accounts this kid can block like a monster and catches anything that got near him.
    d. Kicker might be the opening day starter.....(.....snicker....Will be......)
    e. We found a ILB that is a diamond in the rough that gives us a very nice developmental guy behind Jasper who will produce on ST's.
    f. We added two WR's that will in one instance give Percy some reps off and can fill in for him if he goes down and a possible "Rice" like possesion guy that also catches anything close.

How can anyone look at that draft class and say it was a bad one?
    I think this class has so much potential and you hit the nail right on the head when you showed all the starters that could come out of this draft if they flourish in the knowledge of our coaches. Damn, I walked right into that one!!

One correction though, Childs (4.39 on his pro day) has way more speed than Rice and if he comes all the way back from his injury may be our true #1 we have been looking for since Moss left.

Very good post my friend, very good indeed!!! (Marrdroese)

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Eh... I get what you're saying, but misspelling something so obvious while calling everyone morons... well, that deserves to be called-out.

Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I think this class has so much potential and you hit the nail right on the head when you showed all the starters that could come out of this draft if they flourish in the knowledge of our coaches. Damn, I walked right into that one!!

One correction though, Childs (4.39 on his pro day) has way more speed than Rice and if he comes all the way back from his injury may be our true #1 we have been looking for since Moss left.

Very good post my friend, very good indeed!!! (Marrdroese)
    Nice catch on the speed, but I was going to save that for another thread......

Believe it or not, I kindof see a logic to Musgroves madness......

OL better suited to run the ball than pass protect.....

RB. Like it or not, we have two pounders back there. AD for all his speed, is still a pounder. Toby, same same. Almost as fast as AD, and one heck of a hard dude to get on the ground.

Teams will have to load up to stop them. So with that in mind what does he do....

TE. Loads up on them. And not just slow guys who can catch or fast guys who can't block. Nope, he goes out and finds true "in-line" TE's that can not only block for the pounders, but they can slip a block, get in space and catch a ball.

Hmmmmm, got your interest....Whats he doing running or throwing.....

Mix that in with speedy little fast guys like Percy and Wright. You might be able to load up and take away the run, but now you are exposing yourself to trying to stop a quick throw to one of these cats in a seam opened by the S dropping into the box.

Which gets me to Childs. For some reason most ignore the cats speed. Put him on the field, whats he gonna run? 3 route, 4 route, 7 route, 8, route, 9 route.

As much as I've resisted what ole Musgrove is trying to do, I kindof think there is in fact a bit of a scheme evolving that won't be much fun for most to watch, but for the guys who enjoy a good chess match, its going to be very interesting if he can get it all together this year.

Gets me to the last piece,.....Ponder. He has the right guy under center to make it all work.

Accurate (needs to be on those quick slants in traffic), smart (needs to be to read the defense), tough as nails (needs to be cause the QB is gonna take a beating in this scheme), and has a strong enough arm to get it deep when the opportunity presents itself.

By the way, I forgot about new reciever from the Bengals. I absolutely love that pickup. As Ponder said, "I can't over throw him".

What a nice weapon to have when you see the all out blitz coming. Just throw a 8 or a 9 route ball to a spot and let Simpson beat the defender (who is cheating up to stop AD/Toby) to the ball.

Hmmmmmm, again, call me silly but I am seeing something in his madness. Speed on the outside in, with lots of power in the inside. I hope I'm right.
    Last edited by Marrdro; 05-08-2012 at 09:40 AM.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Nice catch on the speed, but I was going to save that for another thread......

Believe it or not, I kindof see a logic to Musgroves madness......

OL better suited to run the ball than pass protect.....

RB. Like it or not, we have two pounders back there. AD for all his speed, is still a pounder. Toby, same same. Almost as fast as AD, and one heck of a hard dude to get on the ground.

Hmmmmmm, again, call me silly but I am seeing something in his madness. Speed on the outside in, with lots of power in the inside. I hope I'm right.
    So do I.

Have to call BS on the Toby being almost as fast as AD. I think that's a bit of a stretch unless your are predicting AD will lose a lot of speed coming off the knee injury and then I would have to call BS on that.

It's easy to get all giddy over all these new recruits with unlimited potential...at least until we see them play. I will hold back on my enthusiasm a bit until I see how they look in purple on Sunday. Just as easy as it is to see how great the Vikings could be, it's pretty easy to see how bad they could be as well, but good to see the enthusiasm. Best time to have it, cause it should last for at least 4 more months.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast