Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    He's was about the best there was for where we got him... But we waited entirely too long to select a WR.... Plus he doesn't stretch the field... I think he's a poor mans' michael Jenkins... that's not saying a whole lot...
    I think you guys are not giving him enough credit, Childs can stretch the field. Let's look at Hill, the one everyone thought we should take. He is 6' 4" (Childs is 6'3", no biggie) Hill ran a 4.36 in the forty (childs ran a 4.55 I believe but he ran a 4.41 at his pro day) that is not slow there are alot of #1WR in this league that run slower than that. Child's arm length is longer than hill's and he is is also 219 lbs. (about the same size as Hill) His hands are bigger than hills by at least an inch and he comes from a pro style offense so he has run the route tree. Hill was in the option style and basically blocked or ran a nine route. Childs is way more pro ready then Hill and could be a better WR than Hill. If Childs is 100% we got a second round talent in the fourth, I take my hat off to Spielman on this one.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

iowa is offline Rookie
    Seems to be a lot of discontent over the wideouts we drafted.To me there wasn't any surefire blue chip guys in the entire draft.Blackmon is good but lacks a little in size and speed and Floyd doesn't have blazing speed or flawless character.There were several other taller bigger guys that went fairly early, Randle, Quick, Jeffrey but none of them has blazing speed, Hill was fast but only had 49 total catches during his college career.I think the guys we took have just as good of a chance to be successful as these guys picked in front of them, in fact the upside for Childs is probably higher, 4.39 40 and 40in. vertical at his pro day, what's not to like? I'm glad we didn't give up picks to move up! Only time will tell but I'm cautiously optimistic.
    None

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    I think he's that Klingon linebacker, its a future time rip pick for the Vikings when they have relocated to the planet Vulcan after LA falls into the Pacific
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I think you guys are not giving him enough credit, Childs can stretch the field. Let's look at Hill, the one everyone thought we should take. He is 6' 4" (Childs is 6'3", no biggie) Hill ran a 4.36 in the forty (childs ran a 4.55 I believe but he ran a 4.41 at his pro day) that is not slow there are alot of #1WR in this league that run slower than that. Child's arm length is longer than hill's and he is is also 219 lbs. (about the same size as Hill) His hands are bigger than hills by at least an inch and he comes from a pro style offense so he has run the route tree. Hill was in the option style and basically blocked or ran a nine route. Childs is way more pro ready then Hill and could be a better WR than Hill. If Childs is 100% we got a second round talent in the fourth, I take my hat off to Spielman on this one.
    yep... a guy ranked about 20th best at his position... granted coming off a knee injury... If he was a second round talent he would have gone in the 2nd or 3rd latest... not the back of the 4th... and the 3rd option on his own team... with a whopping what?

21 catches for 240 yards and 0 TD's last year... yeah, he's a real burner similar to Steven HIll (rolls eyes)...

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    I think he's that Klingon linebacker, its a future time rip pick for the Vikings when they have relocated to the planet Vulcan after LA falls into the Pacific
    Quote Originally Posted by iowa View Post
    Seems to be a lot of discontent over the wideouts we drafted.To me there wasn't any surefire blue chip guys in the entire draft.Blackmon is good but lacks a little in size and speed and Floyd doesn't have blazing speed or flawless character.There were several other taller bigger guys that went fairly early, Randle, Quick, Jeffrey but none of them has blazing speed, Hill was fast but only had 49 total catches during his college career.I think the guys we took have just as good of a chance to be successful as these guys picked in front of them, in fact the upside for Childs is probably higher, 4.39 40 and 40in. vertical at his pro day, what's not to like? I'm glad we didn't give up picks to move up! Only time will tell but I'm cautiously optimistic.
    that's a good way to look at it... but your cautiously optimistic attitude tells me you probably haven't been a vikings fan long... lol... or you'd be a pessimistic realist... lol

iowa is offline Rookie
    that's a good way to look at it... but your cautiously optimistic attitude tells me you probably haven't been a vikings fan long... lol... or you'd be a pessimistic realist... lol
    I've been a fan since the late sixties, I guess i'm an eternal optimist!! One these years it's gonna' happen!!
    None

CPonderFan is offline Rookie
    The only thing I learned while reading this thread was that there are ALOT of morons on here! I mean everyone is allowed their opinion, but seriously most of you know absolutely nothing about running a football team. Most of the analysist that have handed out grades gave MN a B or better. I think that if everyone in the NFL ran their teams as narrow minded as most of you then players like Tom brady would never emerge! Seriously the coaching staff has done more research on all the players than you guys could put together in a year. The only picks that really made me question what we were doing is the pick of the TE and the Kicker. But after watching some game film i see the TE is a replacement for Kleinsasser. But even more of a beast. He will be a very nice addition. As far as the kicker goes...how long do you expect Longwell to play football?? dude has a subpar leg the way it is. If this kid comes in and gets a ton of TBs then he is worth every damn penny. If he can kick long FGs then he will be considered one of the steals in the draft! STs is one third of your team, with the Vikings rebuilding STs is probably more like 40-50% of your team!

WRs - Childs has the ability to become a very nice #2. Way better than Jenkins. Wright is going to participate on STs and Slot when Harvin is out. Seriously this is a great pick, it extends Harvins shelf life and if Harvin, who has been injured quite a bit, goes down our offense dowsnt miss a beat (ok but less of a beat).

My biggest knock on our draft...I wanted to see us use a 4th to get a LB. I think we could have used a LB more than a kicker, but most probably werent graded higher than the kicker so thats why they went kicker.

Give these guys a couple of drafts. Dont shitebag them for every little thing. We have alot of holes and they did a great job and we have 2 more picks for next season already! You build a championship team through the draft. The great teasm dont spend money on FAs they draft college players and turn them into NFL players.
    None

Childs ran a 4.41 40. Either way not bad for a nig receiver. If that knee holds up we may have a diamond in the rough
    None

For all you non believers... If you dont want to listen to him answer question put the video on the 5:15 mark and watch this kid run. He is a big boy and after watching this video maybe you wont worry about his knee as much either...

Video detail
    None

Blair Walsh Highlights:

Blair Walsh 2012 NFL Draft - YouTube
    None

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast