Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Vikings add 15 rookie free agents | ProFootballTalk

"NFL Network’s Mike Mayock pegged Nielsen as sleeper before the draft, suggesting Nielsen could eventually emerge as a starting strong-side linebacker in the league."

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    My issues is with Greg Childs issues with his knee, most scouting reports say he has lost some speed and won't be able to get behind defenders and be a field stretcher and i guess Wright is a replacement for Harvin when he is not on the field, with Percy and now Simpson the slot reciever spot wasnt a need that needed to be covered..

However on Greg Childs, been reading some more and getting more behind this pick after also looking at was what availible instead i think it was a pretty good pick and i hope they both do well.

So i did not say the Arkansas offense was a dink and dunk offense, im saying that it could be what we are trying to build here and i am not happy about that..
    He's was about the best there was for where we got him... But we waited entirely too long to select a WR.... Plus he doesn't stretch the field... I think he's a poor mans' michael Jenkins... that's not saying a whole lot...

tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    He's was about the best there was for where we got him... But we waited entirely too long to select a WR.... Plus he doesn't stretch the field... I think he's a poor mans' michael Jenkins... that's not saying a whole lot...
    Actually, I think that is exactly what he is, providing he comes back from the knee injury.

From NFL.com
    Draft Analysis:

Bucky Brooks' take: The Vikings take a flier on a big, athletic pass catcher with the addition of Childs. He possesses the speed to run past defenders on vertical routes and could be a hidden gem if he can continue to move past the knee injury that prematurely ended his junior season.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    The draft was ok, started out well but tailed off.

Disappointed we never bought back into the 2nd round to grab a decent wr.

If it were a report card, "could have done better, must try harder".

Quote Originally Posted by Johnson14 View Post
    The draft was ok, started out well but tailed off.

Disappointed we never bought back into the 2nd round to grab a decent wr.

If it were a report card, "could have done better, must try harder".
    if you take away the Khalil pick which was a no-brainer... you get a much different picture... I vote a C for just very average...

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=bleedpurple;1123386]if you take away the Khalil pickQUOTE]

Who?
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    if you take away the Khalil pick
    Who?
    I think he's that Klingon linebacker, its a future time rip pick for the Vikings when they have relocated to the planet Vulcan after LA falls into the Pacific

YouthVikesFan is offline Training Camp
    if you take away the Khalil pick which was a no-brainer... you get a much different picture... I vote a C for just very average...
    I disagree, if you take away the TE and K out of all 13 picks i think it was a decent draft. Take them away and trade up for rueben randle in the bottom half on the 2nd i think we would hear alot less bitchin from the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by YouthVikesFan View Post
    I disagree, if you take away the TE and K out of all 13 picks i think it was a decent draft. Take them away and trade up for rueben randle in the bottom half on the 2nd i think we would hear alot less bitchin from the fans.
    first we have less than 13 picks... and if you take out the FB and K we drafted it looks much different.. but we didn't do that... instead we waited drafted a corner in the 3rd that probably wont start, 2 receivers in the 4th (teamates at that), sandwiched a freakin FB in the 4th round and then went ahead and drafted a freakin kicker and waited a very long time to select a LB...

so the only picks that look promising are the first 2 or 3.. everything else is a crap shoot...

Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    if you take away the Khalil pickQUOTE]

Who?
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    I think he's that Klingon linebacker, its a future time rip pick for the Vikings when they have relocated to the planet Vulcan after LA falls into the Pacific

Goon 1 and 2... you know who i was talking about... alteast your jest could have been funny... instead of making lame ass Star Wars/Startrek jokes.. assuming thats what it was...
    Last edited by bleedpurple; 04-30-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast