Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Lets not forget that We fix 2 positions by drafting him LG and LT.
    I'm only interested in trading down with Tampa. Yet I fear that a team might convince the Browns to trade with them.

My Wishlist
    1- Kalil
    2 - Jeffery & Janoris Jenkins
    3 - George Iloka
    4 - Josh Chapman, T.Y. Hilton, Tommy Streeter
    5- Chris Rainey
    6- Janzen Jackson
    7- Vontaze Burfict

I think I just made us a very dangerous team once we develop.
    We would have 3 Young WRs to develop which would give us the flexibility to let Harvin go is needed. His contact is up and he will be looking for a pretty large market deal. Hilton, is just as explosive and does many of the same things he is capable of. We get both a FS and a SS to compete with the bums I say play last season. A young CB talented enough to start should Winny go down. I had to include Burfict because I once had him going to us in the first round. I can't believe how much the guy has slid. Take him in the 7th. Let Singletary get his hands on him and show him how to play the position and use his obvious talents.

Next year we can focus on rebuilding in the trenches again.
    OG- DT - OLBs - CB - S

QB - Ponder, Webb,
    RB - Peterson, Rainey, Gerhert
    FB - Felton
    WR - Harvin, Streeter, A. Jeffery, Hilton, Simpson, Jenkins.
    TE - Rudolph, Carlson, Reisner
    OL - Kalil, Johnson, Sully, Schwartz, Load

DL - Allen, Williams, Chapman, Griffen
    LB - Greenway, Brinkley, Henderson,
    Cb - Cook, Jenkins, Winfield, Carr, AA
    FS, George Iloka, Raymond
    SS, Janzen Jackson, Sanford, Frampton

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NDVikingFan66 View Post
    Schemes aside, I am starting to feel we need people who can change games. Sorry, but a LT does not change a game. A stud WR or DB does have the ability to change a game though.

That being said, I also am smart enough to know that where we need to most help, this draft is pretty deep (WR and DB). Now, I look around the league, and I see some stud LT's, and are their teams making deep playoff runs? Did they immediatly make their teams better?

Some of our recent signings lead me to believe we will pick Kalil, but I really want a playmaker pick to happen.

With the 3rd pick of the NFL Draft, the Vikings Select Matt Kalil
    I hate these arguments. You should be asking did they make the OL better. Yes they did. Teams that are in position to draft a stud LT are usually pretty bad team. Throwing 1 WR would not solve the entire teams issue. Drafting 1 CB will not make the defense better.

What we do know however, is that by drafting Kalil, we can move Johnson inside and he will fix 2 positions for us. It may also fix the issue of Peterson getting killed behind the LOS. In this day and age where teams are running 4 and 5 wr sets, 1 cb means nothing. Look at the Jets. They have Revis, Cromatie and Wilson. Are they better? No.

Lastly, starters at CB are regular found in the 2nd round just fine. Starting LT are not. Yes some teams are capable of finding LTs way after the 1st but those are exceptions to the rules not the norm. Kalil is the right answer. There isn't a huge drop off in talent from Jenkins to Claibourne, just Off field issue.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    I don't think Kirkpatrick slips to us in the 2nd, he might have some issues but he will go in the first round based on his talent, he is an extremely good cornerback prospect..

And just a question for you?, who will play safety if Kalil, Kirkpatrick and Hill is our first 3 picks?
    Our 4th round pick. Or we move Winfield to safety since we will have Cook, Carr and Kirkpatrick(if we drafted Kirkpatrick).

KevinK is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post
    I believe that Tampa Bay will trade with us. I believe they will give us their second round pick, and with that we still get Khalil, and we draft Ashlon Jeffery and Janoris Jenkins, and thats a HELL of a second round and I do a dance.
    +++++++1 In our dreams

YouthVikesFan is offline Training Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Lets not forget that We fix 2 positions by drafting him LG and LT.
    I'm only interested in trading down with Tampa. Yet I fear that a team might convince the Browns to trade with them.

My Wishlist
    1- Kalil
    2 - Jeffery & Janoris Jenkins
    3 - George Iloka
    4 - Josh Chapman, T.Y. Hilton, Tommy Streeter
    5- Chris Rainey
    6- Janzen Jackson
    7- Vontaze Burfict

I think I just made us a very dangerous team once we develop.
    We would have 3 Young WRs to develop which would give us the flexibility to let Harvin go is needed. His contact is up and he will be looking for a pretty large market deal. Hilton, is just as explosive and does many of the same things he is capable of. We get both a FS and a SS to compete with the bums I say play last season. A young CB talented enough to start should Winny go down. I had to include Burfict because I once had him going to us in the first round. I can't believe how much the guy has slid. Take him in the 7th. Let Singletary get his hands on him and show him how to play the position and use his obvious talents.

Next year we can focus on rebuilding in the trenches again.
    OG- DT - OLBs - CB - S

QB - Ponder, Webb,
    RB - Peterson, Rainey, Gerhert
    FB - Felton
    WR - Harvin, Streeter, A. Jeffery, Hilton, Simpson, Jenkins.
    TE - Rudolph, Carlson, Reisner
    OL - Kalil, Johnson, Sully, Schwartz, Load

DL - Allen, Williams, Chapman, Griffen
    LB - Greenway, Brinkley, Henderson,
    Cb - Cook, Jenkins, Winfield, Carr, AA
    FS, George Iloka, Raymond
    SS, Janzen Jackson, Sanford, Frampton
    Bowman doesnt make the squad over AA? Interesting. Other than that i like it the draft

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123