Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Sure but missing out on a long term answer at LT is hard to pass.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by shockzilla View Post
    I have heard that there are a LOT of character issues with Janoris Jenkins, ala Pacman Jones. I would rather have maybe the guy from South Carolina, Stephon Gilmore, or Dre Kirkpatrick from Alabama...
    Dre Kirkpatrick was the topic of discussion on the NFL Network the other day and the analyst's all were saying that Kirkpatrick was best suited for the cover two defense. Mayock has him rated third I think on his list?

I still hope that somehow we pull of Kalil, Kirkpatrick and Hill with our first three picks.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    Dre Kirkpatrick was the topic of discussion on the NFL Network the other day and the analyst's all were saying that Kirkpatrick was best suited for the cover two defense. Mayock has him rated third I think on his list?

I still hope that somehow we pull of Kalil, Kirkpatrick and Hill with our first three picks.
    I don't think Kirkpatrick slips to us in the 2nd, he might have some issues but he will go in the first round based on his talent, he is an extremely good cornerback prospect..

And just a question for you?, who will play safety if Kalil, Kirkpatrick and Hill is our first 3 picks?

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    MOst of the safeties in this draft are 3 rounders. There should be plenty to bring in to compete in the 3rd rounds and a few in the fourth. The other positions are so loaded, these above average prospects will slide.

Brandon Hardin, FS
    Brandon Hardin, Oregon State, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

My Sleeper pick
    Red Flags on him but was once considered an Eric Berry caliber safety. Has Amazing coverage skills but is built a bit small. Was once tried for arm robbery ( didn't know the crime was going down)
    Janzen Jackson, FS - McNeese St. | Player Profile | 2012 Combine | NFL.com

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Sure but missing out on a long term answer at LT is hard to pass.
    I am with you kevon. Just draft Kalil and forget about addressing that position again for a decade.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    OK, so with the draft tomorrow, I decided I would finally weigh in on my thought process for our first pick.

There are four scenarios that are generally accepted as possible tomorrow:
    1) The Vikings pick Kalil
    2) The Vikings pick Blackmon
    3) The Vikings pick Claiborne
    4) The Vikings trade down

It is obvious that our biggest needs are at LT, WR, and CB. Ideally, we will address two of those needs in the first two rounds. While Blackmon and Claiborne are bigger impact players than Kalil, the talent level at OT drops off so much in this draft class (especially in comparison to WR and CB) that I am convinced that we will take an OT somewhere in the first round.

That means that scenarios 2 & 3 are not going to happen IMHO.

So when all is said and done, unless we get a RGIII level trade offer (which is possible), I don't see us trading out of the #3 spot. And with the #3 pick, the Minnesota Vikings will be selecting Matt Kalil, Tackle, USC.

Excellent post my friend.

That right there, the underlined part, is why we pick Kalil.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Reports are out now that Tampa is considering trading up with Minnesota to snag Richardson. I would be ecstatic if this happened, but I am not holding my breath...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Gotta love draft day rumors!

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    I don't care much what everyone else is saying, what I care about, or really give credence to, is what the Vikes have done in the off season.

a. Brought in a G but nothing at LT
    b. Brought in 2 CB's
    c. Signed a new WR with alot of potential and resigned one that they saw some flash out of at the end of the season.
    d. Promoted a 3 tech to the 1 tech and brought back Evans (still not sure why).
    Exactly what I was saying to a friend yesterday! We haven't even sniffed at LT! OR, Safety...with a roster of: Raymond, Sanford, Frampton you gotta be thinking we're going to address that position early too, right!???

Thats where I think moving to ten might be a real possibility. There are some OL at the top of the 2nd that will be pretty good run blockers in year one and decent pass protectors with help from our talented 2-TE set. Maybe, if we drop that far, we target Mark Barron, or Luke Kuechly, either of which would dramatically improve our coverage of TEs/the mid-short part of the passing game!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    Schemes aside, I am starting to feel we need people who can change games. Sorry, but a LT does not change a game. A stud WR or DB does have the ability to change a game though.

That being said, I also am smart enough to know that where we need to most help, this draft is pretty deep (WR and DB). Now, I look around the league, and I see some stud LT's, and are their teams making deep playoff runs? Did they immediatly make their teams better?

Some of our recent signings lead me to believe we will pick Kalil, but I really want a playmaker pick to happen.

With the 3rd pick of the NFL Draft, the Vikings Select Matt Kalil

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast