kbp0001 is offline Waterboy

NFL Sunday Ticket Reduced to $199

With NFL Draft less than a week away, it has been a huge topic of conversation for NFL fans. Many of these fans are subscribed to the NFL Sunday Ticket program that allows fans to experience up to 14 games in HD, the Game Mix Channel (up to 8 games at once), player tracker and the ability to access scores and stats on demand every Sunday during the 2012 NFL season. DIRECTV is giving NFL fans of every single team a reason to raise their hands in victory by offering their most popular sports package – NFL SUNDAY TICKET – at its lowest price in over a decade and 40% below last year’s cost: $199.

To highlight the significant value of the new lower priced NFL SUNDAY TICKET option, DIRECTV teamed up with NFL draft guru Michael Lombardi to identify the top 10 “value picks” from the 2012 Draft. Every NFL fan knows the importance these “value picks” can provide their teams, just look at what happened in the 2000 NFL draft when a fella by the name of Tom Brady was taken in the 6th round or Jared Allen and Marques Colston. Recognizing that “Value picks” can make or break NFL franchises, DIRECTV will give a DIRECTV system, one year of complementary service and NFL SUNDAY TICKET to the 10 players chosen to the “All Value” team.

With the NFL Draft less than a week away, I wanted to provide you with this information. Enjoy!

I do not have NFL Ticket but that is a great price!

Well, the message from kbp0001 sure looks like an advertisement from Directv or at least someone that sells the service! I just thought I would share my experience with others that have Directv Sunday ticket and especially those that have had it for a number of years.

First off, based on my subscription for last year, I was signed up for Sunday Ticket MAX which is $299 not $199. The $199 price is for the games, Game Mix Channel, and Player tracker for the fantasy folks. You have to have MAX to get RED ZONE channel and other features like the 30 minute game shortcuts after the games have played for the weekend.

I called up Directv and told them that I couldnt pay that much....times were hard and the wife would kill me. They immediately offered me the Sunday Ticket for $149. Since I had been with them for 12+ years, I asked if I was eligible for any other free upgrades. After a couple minutes on hold, the guy came back and said if I upgraded one of my HD receivers to an HD DVR they would throw in the Sunday ticket for free this year, but I would need to commit to two more years. Not a problem. As long as they have the exclusive rights to Sunday Ticket, I'm not going anywhere!

I was transfered to the upgrade area. I told her that I wanted to upgrade me HD Receiver for an HD DVR. She told me that the cost would be $99. I told her that I wasnt interested in paying $99 to LEASE their equipment. She asked me to hold......5 minutes later she "discovered" that I was eligible for a free equipment upgrade.

Bottom line, I have a new HD DVR coming to the house in a couple days and free Sunday Ticket for the year just for agreeing to another 2 year commitment.

I have called for the past 5 years to complain about the cost of Sunday Ticket and every single year they have reduced the cost to $150 or below and have always thrown in other incentives like free HD for a year, free premium channels for 3 months, etc. You just have to ask. If you get someone on the line that isnt going to help you with greatly reduced cost and incentives, just thank them, hang up, and all back an hour later. There are all sorts of things that they CAN do.....you just need to connect with they ones willing to help you out.

Hope this helps some of you....SKOL!!
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

If i could get sunday ticket for free, i will. However, we have all the HD DVR receivers we need, and moved recently so i'm afraid the amount of things Directv can do for us is pretty limited. IF i was going to pay for sunday ticket or center ice, it would be center ice no question. The Wild just signed parise and suter, who wouldn't want to watch them all year. Of course, if the season doesn't start on time, it's a moot point.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    I got 'em down to $149 but no freebies. Less than ten bucks a weekend is ok by me.

MrFlix is offline Training Camp Dynamite Blast 2 Champion
    I would so go watch it if I could! For me it would be about 1400$ a game! I think that's fairly cheap compared to what you pay here in Europe for a soccer game. Cheapest is about 400$ and those are standing places.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    I feel like a sap. Been paying full price all these years. Gonna make a call. Doesn't matter though. Not able to pay for tickets and airfare for everygame, so the ticket is pretty cheap for me. Never miss a game.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg