Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    TNViking's Avatar
    TNViking is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    209

    NFC North trying to get better on Defense

    Interesting that the Vikings took as many Offensive players in the draft as the whole rest of the Division combined (4). The Packers drafted no offense. Of course GB had the worst ranked D in the league.

    Looks like even in this offense based league some people think defense still matters.

  2. #2
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910
    Look where the offensive players were taken.
    Chi wr 2nd round
    Lions wr 2nd round

    Looks to me that offense still matters. Our Division was already an explosive offensive division.

  3. #3
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    '
    Looks to me that offense still matters. Our Division was already an explosive offensive division.
    Exactly what about the Vikings offense screams "explosive" to you? AD by himself doesn't make our entire offense "explosive".

    Going 9 & 25 doesn't exactly scream "explosive" either.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #4
    Ranger's Avatar
    Ranger is offline Coach
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Exactly what about the Vikings offense screams "explosive" to you? AD by himself doesn't make our entire offense "explosive".

    Going 9 & 25 doesn't exactly scream "explosive" either.
    He's talking about the division.

  5. #5
    12purplepride28's Avatar
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,855
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Exactly what about the Vikings offense screams "explosive" to you? AD by himself doesn't make our entire offense "explosive".

    Going 9 & 25 doesn't exactly scream "explosive" either.
    reread the post. And it must be nice to have such a legit offense already and then only have to draft defense.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

  6. #6
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    reread the post. And it must be nice to have such a legit offense already and then only have to draft defense.
    How do you get an explosive offense? You draft one!

  7. #7
    Ranger's Avatar
    Ranger is offline Coach
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    How do you get an explosive offense? You draft one!
    Or hire Dick Vermeil.

  8. #8
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by TNViking View Post

    Looks like even in this offense based league some people think defense still matters.
    It does matter. The only way to counter that offense based league is with a great defense. IMO, "bend but don't break defenses" are going to become a thing of the past as it only slows down the opposing team from scoring & doesn't prevent it. If your offense isn't as good as your opponents, then you need to rely on giving your offense more opportunities with the ball & that means turnovers. The way you get turnovers is by being aggressive on defense.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #9
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    It does matter. The only way to counter that offense based league is with a great defense. IMO, "bend but don't break defenses" are going to become a thing of the past as it only slows down the opposing team from scoring & doesn't prevent it. If your offense isn't as good as your opponents, then you need to rely on giving your offense more opportunities with the ball & that means turnovers. The way you get turnovers is by being aggressive on defense.
    Its all about balance my friend.

    Ole Pukers......15-1 because of their Offense. What happened after that. Teams with an offense and defense (balance) sent them home.

    Take it one step further......

    You also have to have balance on offense and defense. Good enough to run when you face a team that can't stop the run and good enough to pass when you have a team that can't stop the pass.

    Again, using the PUKERS for an example, they chucked it all over the place last year, and when they needed to run, they couldn't.

    Balance......only thing (well that and depth) that will get you to the end my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #10
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Its all about balance my friend.

    Ole Pukers......15-1 because of their Offense. What happened after that. Teams with an offense and defense (balance) sent them home.

    Take it one step further......

    You also have to have balance on offense and defense. Good enough to run when you face a team that can't stop the run and good enough to pass when you have a team that can't stop the pass.

    Again, using the PUKERS for an example, they chucked it all over the place last year, and when they needed to run, they couldn't.

    Balance......only thing (well that and depth) that will get you to the end my friend.
    Are you Jim Morrison reincarnated, my friend? "This is the end, my friend the end!!"

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •