Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My mock draft

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by MorrisCaliborne View Post
    Keep in mind that the Vikings always reaches like Chris Cook, Christian Ponder, Tarvaris Jackson, etc etc
    I will agree with you re: TJoke, however, Chris Cook...at the time, no, not a "reach." Re: Ponder? A "reach," we shall see...way too early to determine if he was a reach. Vikes' needed a QB, liked him, took him. If (yes, IF), he is our guy, no reach...if not, I still don't buy the "reach" argument. Better termed a bad decision in my opinion. "Always," is also an overstatement.

I like Claiborne, but, let's be real people...the Vikes have soooooo many needs they just need to make the right decisions. After all..."reaching" is a term largely defined by us amateurs.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    I will agree with you re: TJoke, however, Chris Cook...at the time, no, not a "reach." Re: Ponder? A "reach," we shall see...way too early to determine if he was a reach. Vikes' needed a QB, liked him, took him. If (yes, IF), he is our guy, no reach...if not, I still don't buy the "reach" argument. Better termed a bad decision in my opinion. "Always," is also an overstatement.

I like Claiborne, but, let's be real people...the Vikes have soooooo many needs they just need to make the right decisions. After all..."reaching" is a term largely defined by us amateurs.
    Okay, how about almost always?

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    I will agree with you re: TJoke, however, Chris Cook...at the time, no, not a "reach." Re: Ponder? A "reach," we shall see...way too early to determine if he was a reach. Vikes' needed a QB, liked him, took him. If (yes, IF), he is our guy, no reach...if not, I still don't buy the "reach" argument.
    The term "reach" is given to a pick that is picked earlier than he was projected to be picked. For example, if the Vikings picked Tom Brady in the 3rd round, he would have been a reach. His HOF career is irrelevant because we could have gotten him in the 6th or 7th. Doesn't mean it was a bad pick, obviously, but it was still a reach.

Christian Ponder will always be a reach because we took him way before he was projected to go. I'm a huge Ponder fan, but he is still a reach. I'm happy with the pick and I think he will be great for us (assuming we can keep him on his feet, fingers crossed for Kalil).
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    The term "reach" is given to a pick that is picked earlier than he was projected to be picked. For example, if the Vikings picked Tom Brady in the 3rd round, he would have been a reach. His HOF career is irrelevant because we could have gotten him in the 6th or 7th. Doesn't mean it was a bad pick, obviously, but it was still a reach.

Christian Ponder will always be a reach because we took him way before he was projected to go. I'm a huge Ponder fan, but he is still a reach. I'm happy with the pick and I think he will be great for us (assuming we can keep him on his feet, fingers crossed for Kalil).
    I am acutely aware of what a "reach" is, thank you very much. I also believe it is an overused term, and, largely used by people that look at other people's rankings and compare when a player is taken to that. When Bill Polian, or, someone who has, or has had, their job on the line when drafting players, refers to someone as a "reach"...I will listen.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Lets look at this logically........

DB's signed........
    Zackary Bowman/Chris Carr

DB's on the roster
    Bowman, Zack DB ACT 6'1" 196 11/18/1984 4 Nebraska
    21 Allen, Asher DB ACT 5'9" 194 1/22/1988 3 Georgia
    41 Raymond, Mistral DB ACT 6'1" 194 9/7/1987 0 South Florida
    33 Sanford, Jamarca DB ACT 5'10" 200 8/27/1985 3 Mississippi
    34 Sendejo, Andrew DB ACT 6'1" 225 9/9/1987 1 Rice
    35 Sherels, Marcus DB ACT 5'10" 175 9/30/1987 1 Minnesota
    Taylor, Nick DB ACT 5'10" 165 5/27/1988 0 Florida International
    Jones, Reggie DB ACT 6'0" 193 3/15/1986 2 Portland State
    26 Winfield, Antoine DB ACT 5'9" 180 6/24/1977 13 Ohio State
    36 Burton, Brandon DB ACT 5'11" 190 7/31/1989 0 Utah
    31 Cook, Chris DB ACT 6'2" 212 2/15/1987 2 Virginia
    37 Frampton, Eric DB ACT 5'11" 205

In short, they are not going to use their first pick on a CB especially if you look at who they've signed (0) to play LT and how many (0) they have on the roster that can start at LT.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Lets look at this logically........

DB's signed........
    Zackary Bowman/Chris Carr

DB's on the roster
    Bowman, Zack DB ACT 6'1" 196 11/18/1984 4 Nebraska
    21 Allen, Asher DB ACT 5'9" 194 1/22/1988 3 Georgia
    41 Raymond, Mistral DB ACT 6'1" 194 9/7/1987 0 South Florida
    33 Sanford, Jamarca DB ACT 5'10" 200 8/27/1985 3 Mississippi
    34 Sendejo, Andrew DB ACT 6'1" 225 9/9/1987 1 Rice
    35 Sherels, Marcus DB ACT 5'10" 175 9/30/1987 1 Minnesota
    Taylor, Nick DB ACT 5'10" 165 5/27/1988 0 Florida International
    Jones, Reggie DB ACT 6'0" 193 3/15/1986 2 Portland State
    26 Winfield, Antoine DB ACT 5'9" 180 6/24/1977 13 Ohio State
    36 Burton, Brandon DB ACT 5'11" 190 7/31/1989 0 Utah
    31 Cook, Chris DB ACT 6'2" 212 2/15/1987 2 Virginia
    37 Frampton, Eric DB ACT 5'11" 205

In short, they are not going to use their first pick on a CB especially if you look at who they've signed (0) to play LT and how many (0) they have on the roster that can start at LT.
    Are you serious dude? The players they signed are scrubs, the Vikings are going to draft Morris, just watch!

Are you serious dude? The players they signed are scrubs, the Vikings are going to draft Morris, just watch!
    Scrubs? Anyone who makes it to the next level are far from scurbs. Aside from that, I'll play that game and say, yes, none of them are "Shutdown CB's".

Then the next part of the game is for you to explain to me why we (a team that runs a C2) would need a shutdown CB?

Any of the following answers would suffice:

a. We hired a D-coord that doesn't run the C2. (Shit, that didn't happen, the new guy runs a C2)
    b. Our HC doesn't like the C2. (Shit, forgot, Leslie loves the C2).
    c. Our Last D-coord was successfully trying to run a press man version of the C2. (Shit, he got demoted again and the only CB who tried to run it got sent packing - signed by the Deadskins).

And then, lets not forget about the LT 0 aspect of the game my friend.

On a side note, I love this time of year when all kinds of fans show up and make screen names of their favorite college player (a few have even been related) and try to convince me why the Vikes will sign the guy.

In the end, you might be right, but until it happens, I'm going to go on logic and say that the only reason the Vikes have shown any interest in MC is because they are trying to get the Jags to move up to get him.

That, Dude, is a more logical scenario.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Scrubs? Anyone who makes it to the next level are far from scurbs. Aside from that, I'll play that game and say, yes, none of them are "Shutdown CB's".

Then the next part of the game is for you to explain to me why we (a team that runs a C2) would need a shutdown CB?

Any of the following answers would suffice:

a. We hired a D-coord that doesn't run the C2. (Shit, that didn't happen, the new guy runs a C2)
    b. Our HC doesn't like the C2. (Shit, forgot, Leslie loves the C2).
    c. Our Last D-coord was successfully trying to run a press man version of the C2. (Shit, he got demoted again and the only CB who tried to run it got sent packing - signed by the Deadskins).

And then, lets not forget about the LT 0 aspect of the game my friend.

On a side note, I love this time of year when all kinds of fans show up and make screen names of their favorite college player (a few have even been related) and try to convince me why the Vikes will sign the guy.

In the end, you might be right, but until it happens, I'm going to go on logic and say that the only reason the Vikes have shown any interest in MC is because they are trying to get the Jags to move up to get him.

That, Dude, is a more logical scenario.
    The Jaguars is not going to trade up to get him but I would bow down to you if you are right on draft day

The Jaguars is not going to trade up to get him but I would bow down to you if you are right on draft day
    Your new to the site my friend. Hang around, you will find out two things.....

I'am nothing but a yutz with a keyboard and access to the internet that is wrong alot. I just like to talk football.

On a side note, pretty hard to be right when your a yutz who posts a 7 round mock.

Don't get me wrong though. I would jump up and down if they took you man. I think he is awesome, just like I think Blackmon and Kalil are awesome.

If the Vikes land one of them I will be happy and will be ready to talk all day about them. Again, its all about the discussion for me, not who is right and wrong.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Round 1:

Cornerback Morris Caliborne Lousiana State

For someone who is so in love with this guy, I'd think you could spell his name correctly in the draft...even if you screwed it up initially when selecting your handle. Nevertheless, nice pick.

Round 2:

Wide Receiver Ryan Broyles Oklahoma Sooners

HUGE reach! Totally uncalled for at #35, still a reach at #66. Probably still there in the 4th. Productive in college, but will probably be much less so in the pros.

Round 3:

Free safety Aaron Henry Wisconsin

Again a huge reach. Projected as a 4th to 5th rounder. Way too early.

Round 4:

Defensive tackle Mike Martin Michigan

Would be nice if he lasts until the top of the 4th, but his stock is rising...probably late 2nd to 3rd rounder now.

Offensive guard Ryan Miller Colorado

Outside Linebacker Demario Davis Arkansas

First, it's Arkansas State. 2nd, the 45th rated OLB according to PFW's draft rankings. I don't think so....

Round 5:

Cornerback Brandon Boykin Georgia

Way late on this guy. Projected to late 2nd/early 3rd.

Round 6:

Defensive tackle Tydreke Powell North Carolina

A second DT? And only the 35th best one according to PFW? Still, I could see this pick if we didn't take another DT somewhere in the draft.

Round 7:

Strong Safety Eddie Pleasant Oregon

Center Scott Wedige Northern Illinois

Please tell me why we need to draft a center
    See my comments in purple above
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast