mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Norseman Mock draft links 2012

I’ve been looking for this year’s thread full of draft links, and some discussion upon seeing some different scenarios work out and haven’t found one, so thought I’d start one here.

I like the ones that have a local reporter and fan make the picks for their team at each spot…gives it a bit more reality, as each pick addresses a team need or fits their style a bit more.

One of my Favorites, drafttek’s Consensus Mock: NFL Draft Mock 2012 | NFL Draft Mock Draft

1. Kalil
    2. Juron Criner, WR ARI
    3. Casey Hayward, CB
    4. Trenton Robinson, FS
    4. Terrell Manning, OLB
    4. Emmanuel Acho MLB
    5. Ronnie Hillman, RB San Diego State
    6. Josh Chapman, DT Alabama
    7. George Bryan, TE, NC State

Criner seems a bit of a reach there, and, reminds me a bit of what we already have in Jenkins…ie, more of a big possession guy than a true deep threat. Hayward and Robinson, maybe, but the way this version falls, I’d rather go Harrison Smith, SS Notre Dame with our 2nd, and then grab Alshon Jeffery or maybe Ryan Broyles in the third.

I always seem to find a laugh or two on Walter Football, does he still come around here? 2012 NFL Mock Draft - WalterFootball.com

1. Kalil
    2. Alfonzo Dennard, CB Nebraska
    3. Marvin McNutt, WR Iowa
    4. Antonio Allen, S So. Carolina
    4. Cyrus Gray, RB Texas A&M
    4. Jarius Wright, WR Arkansas
    5. Audie Cole, MLB, NC State

Another version of the LT-CB-WR combo with our first 3. This one looks pretty good, but I’m not sure McNutt is really any better than what we have at the moment. Good size, decent speed, but still developing and has had some injury/asthma issues. D’oh! I like seeing a S on the list, we might actually be weaker there than CB.

Here’s another long list: http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2012/

1. Kalil
    2. Alshon Jeffery WR
    3. Amini Silatolu, OG
    4. Marcus Folston, DT
    4. Frank Alexander, DE
    4. Josh Norman, CB
    5. Trenton Robinson, S
    6. Adam Gettis, OG

Two OGs? I don’t think so. We’ve already got competition between Johnson, DeGeare, Berger, Fusco, and Schwartz for 2 starting spots. Not thinking we go multiple interior OL this draft. Multiple WRs maybe. Several DBs for sure, speaking of, getting Norman’s speed at the end of the 4th and then some safety depth in the 5th looks like really good value for late mid-rounds!

Another Consensus style draft from SBNation/Mocking the Draft, this is the one where we go Claiborne, and upgrade our secondary first:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...RX0MzcUE#gid=0

1. Claiborne
    2. Osemele, LT/LG
    3. Markelle Martin
    4. Chris Givens, WR
    5. Travis Lewis, OLB
    6. Devier Posey, WR

Not bad. Claiborne and Cook could be a really nice cover combo! Winfield could move to nickel and it might help him stay healthy to take a few plays off at this stage of his career. Martin is a starter at Safety from week 1 in our secondary and seems to have a nose for the ball. Givens has speed, and Posey gives us another developmental WR.

For arguments sake, let’s look at what might happen if we made it easy on the Dolphins to move up to grab their QB they already know in front of the Browns. For moving back to 8th, we should get 800 worth, or about their 2,3, and 4. But, we’d really like to move back, so lets just go with their 2nd this year and one 2-4 sliding pick next year. Looking through every one of these mocks, we’d still have Reiff and Floyd to choose from at 8th. IF the Jags still went with Floyd like Walter suggests, that would possibly drop Kalil to us at 8! And, we’d have 2 seconds to address other needs with top-end talent! Personally, I’d like to see this:

1.8 Michael Floyd, WR Local boy comes home with size, speed and hands!
    2.3 Osemele or Zebrie Sanders, LT Big Nasty RUN Blockers with size to grow into better pass blockers.
    2.8 Harrison Smith, Safety with speed!
    3.3 Markelle Martin, S Sure, Trumaine Johnson or Josh Robinson at CB would be good picks too, but maybe, its time to double up on back-to-back starting Safeties. The Tampa-2 depends on strong Safety play and we haven’t seen that in years…since, what!??? Joey Browner?!?!! We plan on starting Cook, and Bowman competes with Winfield for starter/nickel duties with Asher Allen, Sherels, Burton and some later picks competing for the final two CB spots.

That gives us 4 new starters in the first 3 rounds with 3 fourths, a 5, a 6, and 2 seventh round fliers to go!! You know one of those 4s will be D-Line, don’t we always get a DL in the 4th!? (Robison, Ballard, Griffen, Edwards…?)
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

CPonderFan is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    I’ve been looking for this year’s thread full of draft links, and some discussion upon seeing some different scenarios work out and haven’t found one, so thought I’d start one here.

I like the ones that have a local reporter and fan make the picks for their team at each spot…gives it a bit more reality, as each pick addresses a team need or fits their style a bit more.

One of my Favorites, drafttek’s Consensus Mock: NFL Draft Mock 2012 | NFL Draft Mock Draft

1. Kalil
    2. Juron Criner, WR ARI
    3. Casey Hayward, CB
    4. Trenton Robinson, FS
    4. Terrell Manning, OLB
    4. Emmanuel Acho MLB
    5. Ronnie Hillman, RB San Diego State
    6. Josh Chapman, DT Alabama
    7. George Bryan, TE, NC State

Criner seems a bit of a reach there, and, reminds me a bit of what we already have in Jenkins…ie, more of a big possession guy than a true deep threat. Hayward and Robinson, maybe, but the way this version falls, I’d rather go Harrison Smith, SS Notre Dame with our 2nd, and then grab Alshon Jeffery or maybe Ryan Broyles in the third.

I always seem to find a laugh or two on Walter Football, does he still come around here? 2012 NFL Mock Draft - WalterFootball.com

1. Kalil
    2. Alfonzo Dennard, CB Nebraska
    3. Marvin McNutt, WR Iowa
    4. Antonio Allen, S So. Carolina
    4. Cyrus Gray, RB Texas A&M
    4. Jarius Wright, WR Arkansas
    5. Audie Cole, MLB, NC State

Another version of the LT-CB-WR combo with our first 3. This one looks pretty good, but I’m not sure McNutt is really any better than what we have at the moment. Good size, decent speed, but still developing and has had some injury/asthma issues. D’oh! I like seeing a S on the list, we might actually be weaker there than CB.

Here’s another long list: http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2012/

1. Kalil
    2. Alshon Jeffery WR
    3. Amini Silatolu, OG
    4. Marcus Folston, DT
    4. Frank Alexander, DE
    4. Josh Norman, CB
    5. Trenton Robinson, S
    6. Adam Gettis, OG

Two OGs? I don’t think so. We’ve already got competition between Johnson, DeGeare, Berger, Fusco, and Schwartz for 2 starting spots. Not thinking we go multiple interior OL this draft. Multiple WRs maybe. Several DBs for sure, speaking of, getting Norman’s speed at the end of the 4th and then some safety depth in the 5th looks like really good value for late mid-rounds!

Another Consensus style draft from SBNation/Mocking the Draft, this is the one where we go Claiborne, and upgrade our secondary first:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...RX0MzcUE#gid=0

1. Claiborne
    2. Osemele, LT/LG
    3. Markelle Martin
    4. Chris Givens, WR
    5. Travis Lewis, OLB
    6. Devier Posey, WR

Not bad. Claiborne and Cook could be a really nice cover combo! Winfield could move to nickel and it might help him stay healthy to take a few plays off at this stage of his career. Martin is a starter at Safety from week 1 in our secondary and seems to have a nose for the ball. Givens has speed, and Posey gives us another developmental WR.

For arguments sake, let’s look at what might happen if we made it easy on the Dolphins to move up to grab their QB they already know in front of the Browns. For moving back to 8th, we should get 800 worth, or about their 2,3, and 4. But, we’d really like to move back, so lets just go with their 2nd this year and one 2-4 sliding pick next year. Looking through every one of these mocks, we’d still have Reiff and Floyd to choose from at 8th. IF the Jags still went with Floyd like Walter suggests, that would possibly drop Kalil to us at 8! And, we’d have 2 seconds to address other needs with top-end talent! Personally, I’d like to see this:

1.8 Michael Floyd, WR Local boy comes home with size, speed and hands!
    2.3 Osemele or Zebrie Sanders, LT Big Nasty RUN Blockers with size to grow into better pass blockers.
    2.8 Harrison Smith, Safety with speed!
    3.3 Markelle Martin, S Sure, Trumaine Johnson or Josh Robinson at CB would be good picks too, but maybe, its time to double up on back-to-back starting Safeties. The Tampa-2 depends on strong Safety play and we haven’t seen that in years…since, what!??? Joey Browner?!?!! We plan on starting Cook, and Bowman competes with Winfield for starter/nickel duties with Asher Allen, Sherels, Burton and some later picks competing for the final two CB spots.

That gives us 4 new starters in the first 3 rounds with 3 fourths, a 5, a 6, and 2 seventh round fliers to go!! You know one of those 4s will be D-Line, don’t we always get a DL in the 4th!? (Robison, Ballard, Griffen, Edwards…?)

I like the alternate ending of that last one...with this change...

1.8 Floyd or Hill. I like both. They are both deep threats. I just feel like Floyd is the guy because he is a MN boy. Speilman seems to take that into consideration. But Hill was a monster at the combine and can you say blazing fast!

2.3 I like SF Mark Barron here. Im not sure if he falls this far, but his double hernia cost him a first round selection in my opinion. This guy is a beast! and would really make a huge difference in our secondary.

2.8 This is where I would go after a OT. Osemele or Sanders should be available here.
    3.3 I like Josh Robinson if he is there, if not I would go after another WR at this point.

At this point our Secondary has had a major upgrade, our WR position is looking good and we have a prospect LT. I would use our 4.3 on a Speed TB and the 4th round compensatory picks to add depth to our OL .

Great Post!
    None

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer
    This site is the Mac Daddy or mock draft clearing-houses...

2012 NFL Mock Draft Database

I have it bookmarked and always start perusing shortly after the season is over. Although it has a Redskins person organizing and therefore highlights their picks without having to open up each site, it gives you one place to go for just about any mock you could want to click on.
    Last edited by Turboe; 03-29-2012 at 11:55 PM.