Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by gamecocksbaseball31 View Post
    There is no doubt about it that Christian Ponder is our quarterback. No doubt. But to see Joe Webb be released from this team would be an ultimately dumb move for the organization. With our question marks at WR, and with Webb's uncanny athletic ability, why on earth would we release him. Line him up out wide and let him make some plays. This doesn't matter as much, but it opens up the possibility or at least the threat for any type of trick plays. That isn't my reason for doing so though. It is about how thin we are at WR.

Also, lets point this out. Every team in the NFL wants O-linemen that can play multiple positions. Why not keep a guy who can play multiple skill positions? In my opinion, he is better than some options we have at WR, and it gives us another security blanket at QB.
    This is another nice post.

One point of discussion though, I'm not so sure that we are thin at WR. Again, lets keep in mind that if we do use multiple receivers it will be just 2, in most cases. I think Simpson and Harvin can take care of that effort.

If we do go 3 or 4 wide, we have some nice young kids that I think are going to step up this year in Burton and others like Arcenaux (sp).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    I don't think there's been enough game action to make a call on Ponder (and certainly not Bethel-Thompson, LOL). But Webb just doesn't feel right when he does anything other than run out of the pocket. He's an amazing athlete, that much is certain, but he's not an NFL QB.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    This is another nice post.

One point of discussion though, I'm not so sure that we are thin at WR. Again, lets keep in mind that if we do use multiple receivers it will be just 2, in most cases. I think Simpson and Harvin can take care of that effort.

If we do go 3 or 4 wide, we have some nice young kids that I think are going to step up this year in Burton and others like Arcenaux (sp).
    Thank you.

To your point, if we are only going with two receiver sets, we are going to be in trouble. We need some playmakers at WR. Sure we have Harvin and now Simpson in week 4. However, I don't think Simpson is a bonefied #2 WR. He would be the guy to bring in when we go 3 or 4 wide.

Some are arguing that we are deep at the WR position and in terms of identical skill, yes I guess you can say that. But the amount of skill besides Harvin is minimal. We need to address this to get back to the playoffs and eventually a Super Bowl.

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I don't think there's been enough game action to make a call on Ponder (and certainly not Bethel-Thompson, LOL). But Webb just doesn't feel right when he does anything other than run out of the pocket. He's an amazing athlete, that much is certain, but he's not an NFL QB.

=Z=
    I agree on Webb. He seems rushed when he's in the pocket, but when he is out of the pocket and on the run he looks like an all-pro. Probably not an NFl QB. As Skip Bayless advocates for Tim TebLow, "Put him in the shotgun and run the spread option!"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Is McLeod Bethel-Thompson Pushing Joe Webb in Camp? Paul Allen Thinks So.

Who? Lol

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    Who? Lol

McLeod John Baltazar Bethel-Thompson

He has the biggest arm of any of the four quarterbacks in camp and to this point has been the most accurate even when working with the third team. He knows those two facts don't guarantee him a roster spot and although he has been one of the bigger surprises in camp, Bethel-Thompson continues to put in his time and his work.

Read more: Vikings quarterback McLeod Bethel-Thompson makes his case - Minneapolis News and Weather KMSP FOX 9
    Last edited by marshallvike; 08-26-2012 at 08:54 AM.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post

=Z=
    To be fair, Mike Vick made a very nice living doing exactly what you described for a few years in Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Who? Lol

McLeod John Baltazar Bethel-Thompson

He has the biggest arm of any of the four quarterbacks in camp and to this point has been the most accurate even when working with the third team. He knows those two facts don't guarantee him a roster spot and although he has been one of the bigger surprises in camp, Bethel-Thompson continues to put in his time and his work.

Read more: Vikings quarterback McLeod Bethel-Thompson makes his case - Minneapolis News and Weather KMSP FOX 9
    TJOKE had a big arm too.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    TJOKE had a big arm too.
    and accurate.

Not saying he is the next great QB, just letting you know who he is. You may not have much time to keep up with the Vikes, what with your affinity with your new team the Cards.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    TJOKE had a big arm too.
    and accurate.

Not saying he is the next great QB, just letting you know who he is. You may not have much time to keep up with the Vikes, what with your affinity with your new team the Cards.
    43% in the first preseason game is accurate?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123