Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I'm not sure what your not seeing in Poe that the rest of the "World" is. Again, I don't know the college players good enough to comment on them, however, he is ranked pretty high on most internet boards and the "Ourlads" staff (that the NFL uses) has him in the top 5 DT's.
    I think his apprehension is well documented by many people in the know. The conundrum with Poe is that his combine doesn't match his tape!! He is huge, agile and fast when at the combine but look at his tape and he is above average at best. He didn't dominate at the college level, So which player would you get? Will he be a better performer at the pro level or be even worse than his tape shows because he moving up a level or two with the personell that lines up against him on Sundays.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

I hear ya my friend (and it is good to hear ya ) but right next to that group you have another group that says his production was down because of the "Spread" offenses.

Not alot of work for a 0 technique stuffing the run when everyone is chucking it all over the place.

In the end, I agree with both and believe I have him about were he will eventually come off the board.
    I do agree with that assessment, you have him pegged about right. The team that drafts him are huge gamblers though, they have no idea what kind of player they really have, MY FRIEND!!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I do agree with that assessment, you have him pegged about right. The team that drafts him are huge gamblers though, they have no idea what kind of player they really have, MY FRIEND!!!
    LOL, well played Tark. How ya been.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

I think his apprehension is well documented by many people in the know. The conundrum with Poe is that his combine doesn't match his tape!! He is huge, agile and fast when at the combine but look at his tape and he is above average at best. He didn't dominate at the college level, So which player would you get? Will he be a better performer at the pro level or be even worse than his tape shows because he moving up a level or two with the personell that lines up against him on Sundays.
    I kindof think that alot of stuff comes out about players at the combine, by the press and yutz's like me with a computer when in fact the teams have had the goods on a guy like this the whole time.

My guess, he will go were the teams had him ranked/graded for the last 2 years. Middle to late in the first round.

On a side note, one good thing about not following a college team (like me), you don't get caught up in all the hype. I just read the scouting reports and trust the ones that have usually been right for me over the years.

In this case, "Ourlads" has him about were I have him and in the end, it has nothing to do with the combine, but rather, and here is the rub, based on a lack of cats with his body/build/athleticism.

Warpigs are hard to come by so they usually go a bit higher than they really should.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    LOL, One year I beat Kiper on just the first 2 rounds. Mayock is the one that amazes me but he makes adjustments to his picks the day before (and sometimes the morning of) the draft. Things like the Clifton retirement really mess my guesses up.

Truth is, when I get into the 3rd round and on, I am just happy to get the position right. Means I understood the teams needs and had a clue on what they were thinking. I haven't really ever kept score but my initial feeling is I get more than 40 of those right.
    How did you do on your first round picks?

LOL, well played Tark. How ya been.
    Very well but very busy as you can tell by my lack of time on here!! how you been doing, big guy?

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I kindof think that alot of stuff comes out about players at the combine, by the press and yutz's like me with a computer when in fact the teams have had the goods on a guy like this the whole time.

My guess, he will go were the teams had him ranked/graded for the last 2 years. Middle to late in the first round.

On a side note, one good thing about not following a college team (like me), you don't get caught up in all the hype. I just read the scouting reports and trust the ones that have usually been right for me over the years.

In this case, "Ourlads" has him about were I have him and in the end, it has nothing to do with the combine, but rather, and here is the rub, based on a lack of cats with his body/build/athleticism.

Warpigs are hard to come by so they usually go a bit higher than they really should.
    Don't worry Marr,
    You will get your warpig with Alameda Ta'amu. Although I fear that we will go with the undersize Mike Martin. I don't like Martin but I like Alameda Ta'amu. He collapses the pocket well and out side of conditioning, his size and runstuffing ability of 350 is a blessing.

Very well but very busy as you can tell by my lack of time on here!! how you been doing, big guy?
    Busy as well. Been working 12 hour shifts alot and most of them have been 1 AM to 1 PM. Doesn't leave me much PPO time either.

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    How did you do on your first round picks?
    Not sure yet. I need to do a pick by pick comparison but with all the fricken trades this year its going to be a hard one to figure out.

I know I got the first to Vikes picks right, but they were out of order. I think I should get credit for that.

In a couple of instances, I got the player right for the team but in the wrong round and in a bunch of instances I got the position right, but not the right player.

In the end, it was a great draft. Best I can remember watching.

Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Don't worry Marr,
    You will get your warpig with Alameda Ta'amu. Although I fear that we will go with the undersize Mike Martin. I don't like Martin but I like Alameda Ta'amu. He collapses the pocket well and out side of conditioning, his size and runstuffing ability of 350 is a blessing.
    No Warpig my friend. Yet again, lots of help in the backend, but nothing done to fix the real problem.

I did some digging and I think they are really going to stay true to the C2 this year and instead of messing with the T2 they will use their S's alot more to cover LB'r problems and voids as they help the DL more and more.

Unless of course one of these kids can slip in and make me smile.......

• Chase Baker, Boise State defensive tackle
    • Tydreke Powell, North Carolina defensive tackle
    • Terrell Resonno, Missouri defensive tackle

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast