Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    Knee jerk reaction without reading the entire post:

I will shit myself if we get Sanu in the 3rd round.

More to come.
    I thought he would come off the board sooner myself, but as I went pick by pick and slotted WR's to team based on their scheme,

If you look at who I gave WR's to, who do you think he would go to?

On a side note, good chatting with you again. Hope all is well.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by KevinK View Post
    I dont think the S Barron and the DT Poe will go that low. Id say that they will go in between 12-18 overall. Im also gonna make a bold prediction and say GB will trade up and get a LT early in the draft.
    LOL, I wish I would have known about Clifton when I did this.

Poe has me befuddled. Had him and Ta'amu ranked pretty high as this all started out. Think I'm still pretty close were he goes based on scheme and were I put the other DT's.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I'm not sure what your not seeing in Poe that the rest of the "World" is. Again, I don't know the college players good enough to comment on them, however, he is ranked pretty high on most internet boards and the "Ourlads" staff (that the NFL uses) has him in the top 5 DT's.
    His critics point out that his college production was not near as good as his performance would indicate at the combine. Look at his projections before the combine and you will see he has had a pretty stellar rise since then. I would put him in a pretty high risk category for a top 15 pick or even a round 1 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    We have a lot riding on this years draft...

Spielman's job.

Mr. A's dignity

Pack Sux's left nut
    LOL, when was the last time I told you that you cracked me up my friend?

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    His critics point out that his college production was not near as good as his performance would indicate at the combine. Look at his projections before the combine and you will see he has had a pretty stellar rise since then. I would put him in a pretty high risk category for a top 15 pick or even a round 1 pick.
    I hear ya my friend (and it is good to hear ya ) but right next to that group you have another group that says his production was down because of the "Spread" offenses.

Not alot of work for a 0 technique stuffing the run when everyone is chucking it all over the place.

In the end, I agree with both and believe I have him about were he will eventually come off the board.

Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    First on Vikings selection, we have the same two first picks so here i agree very much..

Not really sold on Sanu, because of limited speed - won't stretch the field much.. same with Fuller..

Liking Brandon Thompson, he is good value in the fourth

Im thinking 7th is a little late for picking up an ILB.

Not sold on Phillip Thomas, seems like he has issues with consistansy and characther concerns from what i read, dont know much about him. If you wanna go late round safety, im going Brandon Taylor from LSU.

Ron Brooks is a major sleeper it seems..

I think we are set at RB + its easier to pick up UDFA RB's than other positions it seems..

Not buying in on taking either Trent Richardson and Ryan Tannehill this high, word is Fletcher Cox will go at 6. to the Rams right now..

I disagree with Floyd over Blackmon..

I don't think Peter Konz is a first rounder..

Some people have concerns with Stephen Hills limited numbers, due to the offense he came from.

Mike Adams seems to be out of the first round.

Alfonzo Dennard just got arrested for assualt on a pollice officer last night, so i doubt he goes in the first also.

I think Coby Fleener, Harrison Smith, Nick Perry and Jerel Worthy will end up in the first round, other possible could be Mychal Kendricks, Janoris Jenkins, Doug Martin, Shea McClellin, Kevin Zeitler, Amini Silatulo.. However i agree that there is a big bunch of guys from the 20th and down trough the second round that could fall anywhere in that space.

Dwayne Allen as the last pick in the third is a major steal imo.

If it wasnt for Brandon Weedens age, hed be a first rounder too..

Reuben Randle in the fourth seems very low..

Chris Rainey i think will go later than the 4th..

Brandon Brooks is also a steal in the fourth..

Chase Minnifield in the 5th is also a steal..

Orson Charles will go higher, i know him from Georgia, he is so well spoken - he comminted a mistake with a DUI, but i don't think it will hinder his draft stock to much, great TE prospect..
    Cookin dinner. Not enough time between burger flips to address all of this. I'll get back to you as it appears you have some good stuff in here.

LOL, I wish I would have known about Clifton when I did this.

Poe has me befuddled. Had him and Ta'amu ranked pretty high as this all started out. Think I'm still pretty close were he goes based on scheme and were I put the other DT's.
    I'm stilll amazed you would try and put together a 7 round mock for every team, when there isn't a single GM that could tell you what their 7 round picks will be. Of the 220+ picks, how many of them do you get right? I would guess less than 40, and that is not meant as an insult.

I hear ya my friend (and it is good to hear ya ) but right next to that group you have another group that says his production was down because of the "Spread" offenses.

Not alot of work for a 0 technique stuffing the run when everyone is chucking it all over the place.

In the end, I agree with both and believe I have him about were he will eventually come off the board.
    Agreed, his potential is too high to ignore. But I also understand why Morris puts him in his top 3 bust candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I'm stilll amazed you would try and put together a 7 round mock for every team, when there isn't a single GM that could tell you what their 7 round picks will be. Of the 220+ picks, how many of them do you get right? I would guess less than 40, and that is not meant as an insult.
    LOL, One year I beat Kiper on just the first 2 rounds. Mayock is the one that amazes me but he makes adjustments to his picks the day before (and sometimes the morning of) the draft. Things like the Clifton retirement really mess my guesses up.

Truth is, when I get into the 3rd round and on, I am just happy to get the position right. Means I understood the teams needs and had a clue on what they were thinking. I haven't really ever kept score but my initial feeling is I get more than 40 of those right.

Ok, my apologies for taking so long at getting back to a good input....

Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    First on Vikings selection, we have the same two first picks so here i agree very much..
    Not really sold on Sanu, because of limited speed - won't stretch the field much.. same with Fuller..
    I hear ya and agree, but I'm not looking for speedy field stretchers. The scheme doesn't really call for much of that based on the version Musgrove runs. I think they are looking for a couple of guys like Jenkins. Big, tall possesion guys who can also support the run. Again, 2 and 3 TE's on the field with a RB don't give a "Speedy" "Burner" many reps.

Liking Brandon Thompson, he is good value in the fourth
    Thanks, I almost burned a 3rd on him but decided to wait to see how far he would go. Alot of DT's taken early, let him slip through.

Im thinking 7th is a little late for picking up an ILB.
    Possibly, but I think Jasper will be fine. Besides, I think we will see them bring in a Vet in time for camp to add some insurance. Still haven't figured out who that might be. I know Det hasn't signed Tulloch (sp), or hadn't the last time I checked.

Not sold on Phillip Thomas, seems like he has issues with consistansy and characther concerns from what i read, dont know much about him. If you wanna go late round safety, im going Brandon Taylor from LSU.
    I wasn't aware of all of his problems, but you have to admit that 6 INT's is pretty good. Scouting report says (
    most in the Big East and tied for third in the country). Probably why he slipped so fare.

Ron Brooks is a major sleeper it seems..
    ....snicker, I just plugged a name it at this point. Was getting pretty tired.

Actually, CBS has him slated as a 3rd rounder. Others, have him much lower with not alot of reasons why he is spread so far amongst sites other than he is undersized and has had to play behind alot of better CB's.

I think we are set at RB + its easier to pick up UDFA RB's than other positions it seems..
    Agree. Problem is, I found alot of mocks and chat sites from around the web that have him going to the Vikes. Not sure why, I assume there was something out there someplace were we might have had him in for a visit and I just can't find it so I put him in there.

Not buying in on taking either Trent Richardson and Ryan Tannehill this high, word is Fletcher Cox will go at 6. to the Rams right now..
    Tannehill, I agree but I'm rolling the dice that because of the coaching link they will take him. Cox has been slowly going up since I did this and might bite me in the arse.

I disagree with Floyd over Blackmon..
    I like what I see in both of them. My decision here is mostly based on visits.

I don't think Peter Konz is a first rounder..
    Most sites have him as the best C, carrying a 1rst/early 2nd grade as a C and rated a bit higher on sites that have him able to play C and G.

Had him slated here, again, scheme and visits.

Some people have concerns with Stephen Hills limited numbers, due to the offense he came from.
    Do I have him to high?

Mike Adams seems to be out of the first round.
    Just checked CBS...late one, early 2.

Alfonzo Dennard just got arrested for assualt on a pollice officer last night, so i doubt he goes in the first also.
    Damn

I think Coby Fleener, Harrison Smith, Nick Perry and Jerel Worthy will end up in the first round, other possible could be Mychal Kendricks, Janoris Jenkins, Doug Martin, Shea McClellin, Kevin Zeitler, Amini Silatulo.. However i agree that there is a big bunch of guys from the 20th and down trough the second round that could fall anywhere in that space.
    Not much of anyone who really stands out after the first 15 or so, IMHO. Pretty hard draft to slot players when its like that. Again, using multiple sites this year, I really was able to appreciate how each site differed on their rankings.

Dwayne Allen as the last pick in the third is a major steal imo.
    Rated as the 2nd best TE and slated in the second on most sites. Just wasn't impressed with him when a team that needed a TE came up. If memory serves he didn't have much production in college and was really limited in short stuff and didn't really worry DB's and could be covered by a LB.

If it wasnt for Brandon Weedens age, hed be a first rounder too..
    I agree, he still might squeak in.

Reuben Randle in the fourth seems very low..
    You don't think his limited production over the first 2 years is a flag? He is rated as top 5 WR I just wasn't sure.

Chris Rainey i think will go later than the 4th..

Brandon Brooks is also a steal in the fourth..

Chase Minnifield in the 5th is also a steal..
    I'm gonna trust you on these.

Orson Charles will go higher, i know him from Georgia, he is so well spoken - he comminted a mistake with a DUI, but i don't think it will hinder his draft stock to much, great TE prospect..
    I will have to watch him. Love it when guys know a player. My nephew (in the Navy) has a Junior Officer that is in charge of him who played with TJ. My nephew hates TJ and hates it the guy ribs on him about it.

I think I need to make you my official scouting department next year and send you my mock ahead of time so I can fix my mistakes.

Again, good stuff my friend. Thanks for taking the time and such a good scrub.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast