Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    mountainviking is online now Team Alumni
    As always, Nice Work Marrdro!

Tho I'm not sure Sanu is the type of WR we're looking for...he's another big, strong, run-blocking type that I think Jenkins already fills for us. I see a guy like that being more likely a later, developmental pick like Fuller. IF Broyles looks healthy, I'd rather scoop him up in the third. Before his injury he was considered a likely 1st or early 2nd, he's got speed, moves, runs good routes, and is a dangerous return guy too.

Then, I'd hope we'd back that pick up by spending a 4 or 5 on another down-field threat like Tommy Streeter.

IF we look at our likely WR roster, there's really only 2 spots locked: Jenkins and Harvin. Everything under that is competition at this point. If Aromashadu would catch a bit higher percentage of throws, he could be a keeper too, and Walters looks to possibly make the roster as our no.1 return guy, but I see at least two spots if not three that need an upgrade.

SKOL VIKINGS!!! ITS ALMOST DRAFT TIME, LETS HIT THIS ONE RIGHT ON!!!

BAAAAAAHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

I would be shocked if Harrison Smith get past the Patriots and Packers

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    As always, Nice Work Marrdro!

Tho I'm not sure Sanu is the type of WR we're looking for...he's another big, strong, run-blocking type that I think Jenkins already fills for us. I see a guy like that being more likely a later, developmental pick like Fuller. IF Broyles looks healthy, I'd rather scoop him up in the third. Before his injury he was considered a likely 1st or early 2nd, he's got speed, moves, runs good routes, and is a dangerous return guy too.

Then, I'd hope we'd back that pick up by spending a 4 or 5 on another down-field threat like Tommy Streeter.

IF we look at our likely WR roster, there's really only 2 spots locked: Jenkins and Harvin. Everything under that is competition at this point. If Aromashadu would catch a bit higher percentage of throws, he could be a keeper too, and Walters looks to possibly make the roster as our no.1 return guy, but I see at least two spots if not three that need an upgrade.

SKOL VIKINGS!!! ITS ALMOST DRAFT TIME, LETS HIT THIS ONE RIGHT ON!!!

BAAAAAAHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    Thanks my mountain friend.

Interesting point of discussion (going smaller) at WR, if that is what I'm hearing you say. Broyles, probably wouldn't be my selection. If memory serves he is a bit injury prone (MCL I think) that might have affected his speed.

For me, atleast, I believe ole Musgrove is really trying to be big and physical, thus the 2-3/1-3 sets all the time. When he does run WR's out there, I'm of the mind he wants big ones out there that can out muscle/block.

Again, I hear what your saying but I'm just not sure thats what Musgrove is trying to do.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MorrisCaliborne View Post
    I would be shocked if Harrison Smith get past the Patriots and Packers
    I agree with you on the Pats but if you take a look, they were actually more interested in fixing the NT position first. Probably why they went out and got Gregory. Allows them to look at NT first.

PUKERS, well, they are another story altogether. I think Poe will be their guy if he gets to them. The signing of Hargrove makes me rethink that selection though.

Again, good points. Just not sure how they will fall.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I agree with you on the Pats but if you take a look, they were actually more interested in fixing the NT position first. Probably why they went out and got Gregory. Allows them to look at NT first.

PUKERS, well, they are another story altogether. I think Poe will be their guy if he gets to them. The signing of Hargrove makes me rethink that selection though.

Again, good points. Just not sure how they will fall.
    We will see how far Harrison falls on Thursday! If the Packers do get Poe, I would be happy with that because I think Poe is going to be a bust!

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    First on Vikings selection, we have the same two first picks so here i agree very much..

Not really sold on Sanu, because of limited speed - won't stretch the field much.. same with Fuller..

Liking Brandon Thompson, he is good value in the fourth

Im thinking 7th is a little late for picking up an ILB.

Not sold on Phillip Thomas, seems like he has issues with consistansy and characther concerns from what i read, dont know much about him. If you wanna go late round safety, im going Brandon Taylor from LSU.

Ron Brooks is a major sleeper it seems..

I think we are set at RB + its easier to pick up UDFA RB's than other positions it seems..

Not buying in on taking either Trent Richardson and Ryan Tannehill this high, word is Fletcher Cox will go at 6. to the Rams right now..

I disagree with Floyd over Blackmon..

I don't think Peter Konz is a first rounder..

Some people have concerns with Stephen Hills limited numbers, due to the offense he came from.

Mike Adams seems to be out of the first round.

Alfonzo Dennard just got arrested for assualt on a pollice officer last night, so i doubt he goes in the first also.

I think Coby Fleener, Harrison Smith, Nick Perry and Jerel Worthy will end up in the first round, other possible could be Mychal Kendricks, Janoris Jenkins, Doug Martin, Shea McClellin, Kevin Zeitler, Amini Silatulo.. However i agree that there is a big bunch of guys from the 20th and down trough the second round that could fall anywhere in that space.

Dwayne Allen as the last pick in the third is a major steal imo.

If it wasnt for Brandon Weedens age, hed be a first rounder too..

Reuben Randle in the fourth seems very low..

Chris Rainey i think will go later than the 4th..

Brandon Brooks is also a steal in the fourth..

Chase Minnifield in the 5th is also a steal..

Orson Charles will go higher, i know him from Georgia, he is so well spoken - he comminted a mistake with a DUI, but i don't think it will hinder his draft stock to much, great TE prospect..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Knee jerk reaction without reading the entire post:

I will shit myself if we get Sanu in the 3rd round.

More to come.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    I will shit myself if we get Sanu in the 3rd round.
    We have a lot riding on this years draft...

Spielman's job.

Mr. A's dignity

Pack Sux's left nut

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

KevinK is offline Starter
    I dont think the S Barron and the DT Poe will go that low. Id say that they will go in between 12-18 overall. Im also gonna make a bold prediction and say GB will trade up and get a LT early in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by MorrisCaliborne View Post
    We will see how far Harrison falls on Thursday! If the Packers do get Poe, I would be happy with that because I think Poe is going to be a bust!
    I'm not sure what your not seeing in Poe that the rest of the "World" is. Again, I don't know the college players good enough to comment on them, however, he is ranked pretty high on most internet boards and the "Ourlads" staff (that the NFL uses) has him in the top 5 DT's.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast