LionsFanVisiting is offline Waterboy

Lions fan visiting...learning about Minnesota.

Hey guys. Lions fan here visiting.

No im not here to smack talk. I mean, does a Lions fan actually have the guts to talk trash? lol

Anyways, im trying to start my mock draft work early this year. I understand season is still going on, but its NEVER too early to talk Draft, right? What im trying to do is learn more and more about each team and really get a good idea what each teams needs are. I mean, you can sit all day and listen to that clown Todd McShay, but what can you honestly get from him??

From my little knowledge of the Vikings, I think I could safely say they need help at offensive line and secondary, am I correct? Is QB a possibility even though you guys drafted Ponder last year?

Like I said, I dont know a whole lot about Minnesota, but if the draft were tomorrow, I'd have to guess Matt Kalil would be the pick if he was available and you didnt trade down.

Right now, I have Indy taking Luck obviously, then Rams taking Blackmon.

I'd love to learn about the state of the franchine if you guys are willing to help me out, Id appreciate it.

Im a huge Lions fan, ill admit it, but im a bigger NFL fan in general.

Thanks guys!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Yes,

The secondary sucks, the Oline sucks and except for Harvin and Allen the rest of the team could use an update.

I wouldn't be drafting any Vikings players very high on offense and I certainly wouldn't take their defense.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    We need in order....

OL (OT), WR, CB, S, LB, CB, OG, LB, WR, S, RB, KR/PR

That's pretty much the ENTIRE TEAM outside of the DL

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Welcome. I'd say you've got the gist of it for our most glaring needs. My pick would indeed be Kalil, if he's still there.

Secondary can be addresses in later rounds, as these guys can be very hit-or-miss outside of the rare shutdown corner. You're just as likely to find a decent player in round 5 as you are in round 2, even moreso at Safety than at Corner.

Same can be said for linemen, excepting the occasional stud Tackle (see Kalil, Matt.)

One other need I see that should be addressed relatively early is a fast coverage Linebacker. Our guys are tough, hard-hitting run stoppers but can be a liability in the passing game. We've been exploited heavily this year because of this.

WR is a probable need, although if the right guy isn't there for us, I think this could potentially wait a year or two. There are some good FAs available out there. If Ponder develops as a decent QB and young Rudolph continues to be a pass-catching threat at TE, we could probably manage with our current crop. A real deep threat with good hands would be nice, but isn't truly a priority in my eyes.

So, how about you guys? My admittedly limited viewing of the Lions leads me to think you have the same issues at OL and secondary, although perhaps not as bad as ours. You could also potentially use another RB, probably a big bruiser. What's the story in Detroit?

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

LionsFanVisiting is offline Waterboy
    [QUOTE=Traveling_Vike;1118301So, how about you guys? My admittedly limited viewing of the Lions leads me to think you have the same issues at OL and secondary, although perhaps not as bad as ours. You could also potentially use another RB, probably a big bruiser. What's the story in Detroit?[/QUOTE]

Detroit has a similar situation. Of course, our WR position for once isnt a need.

I would say offensive line, secondary, and LB. In my opinion, an interior offensive lineman and a strong safety are our biggest needs. We cannot run the ball worth a darn, especially on the right side of our line.

Our CBs are OK, but i think its our safeties that are doing the most damage. Louis Delmas is always hurt, and though hes looked at as an "elite" safety, he definetly isnt. His coverage isnt very good, he always goes for the big hit rather than wrapping up, he takes bad angles. Hes good, but not great. Our SS Amari Spievey is horrible. He needs to be addressed.

Most people would say our LT needs addressed, which it eventually will need to. He really is a decent LT, not GREAT, but serviceable. I will admit, Jared Allen has his number. He just cannot block that guy, but i guess no one else in the NFL can either.

I do gotta say, it really is unfortunate for you guys about Peterson. I admit, i hate versing the Vikes cuz he scares me, but my God is he fun to watch.

Thanks for the welcoming guys, considering im a NFC North enemy lol.